Club Shop Rebranded

Like everything else this will become tomorrow's chip rap .

I just hope this isn't just excused off .

There's is a reason for 15 pages - I'd like to hear the reason from the board .

How can the Board explain the irrational reaction from some of the fans?

It's in the past. Let it lie. It was an irrelevance. :)

We didn't need to do this, we chose to do it. And it's been a mistake.

Sadly, yes we did. Principles don't pay wages and we've had to pay some people off following our relegation. If changing a sign above a shop, no matter where it's located, for a fortnight means that somebody keeps their job then go ahead. Remember, the first out the door are always those that can least afford it.

For years this forum has been plastered with comments about how the club fails to maximise their income from other sources. Now when they do a good deal all hell breaks loose!

Who actually owns the lease on the club shop just now ? I thought St Mirren FC rented the space out to St Mirren Direct ? And if so I wouldn't be surprised if SMFC are holding SMD to full rental obligations in the close season, therefore I suspect they are perfectly within their rights to try and recover some income in the dead time.

Sadly, yes we did. Principles don't pay wages and we've had to pay some people off following our relegation. If changing a sign above a shop, no matter where it's located, for a fortnight means that somebody keeps their job then go ahead. Remember, the first out the door are always those that can least afford it.

For years this forum has been plastered with comments about how the club fails to maximise their income from other sources. Now when they do a good deal all hell breaks loose!

But a good deal at what price? The price is integrity, principle, and pride.

There's worse things in life than a sign above a door, but still... It didn't need to happen, and it shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

Talk about being sickened

This is the lowest of the low. The BoD's are not so much Saints as Judas'. Selling out for a few pieces of silver!

It almost feels like I'm sullying Judas' name. After all he only sold out one man. Not a plethora of Saints.

Edited by stlucifer

But a good deal at what price? The price is integrity, principle, and pride.

None of those have been lost - for me - at any rate.

There was signage - paid for handsomely by a transient tenant using the club facilities to try to recoup their outlay.

Will there be ribbons and decorations to add to the Buddie wedding that's to be held at the ground? I would hope so. (NO confetti, naturally....)

If a church was to use a void, I would expect them to erect signage to lead the... people... in the right direction.,. and I could accept and understand that even though I wouldn't personally want the space to be polluted in that way.

It seems to be a popular venue and maximising its income is what any financially astute organisation would need to do. I'd bet a SMISA/GLS combo would have snapped the Shelic arm at the offer.

My integrity remains unblemished, my pride intact, my principles never put to any test.

Maybe it's coz I is older... Or more mature? :P

Edited by bluto

Utterly embarrassing and shameful from the club I love.

Was looking to book flights for first game, no intention now, shameful. I won't be back after this.

There is NO amount of money they are being paid can justify this.

Righto, I'm going to backtrack on the above post.

Having now read thru the whole thread perhaps my initial reaction was of knickerwetting proportions.

You know it's time to back down when HHIBSS texts you to call you a fud [oh the irony WEE man] whistling.gif

maybe living iup the east coast and admitting you have only ever been in our new ground once you are a a bit lost as to why so many like myself do not like this. Follow Saints here there and everywhere St Mirren Park is our spiritual home . Not only that we've so near to two clubs who supporters embrace religious intolerance . I and I'm sure many others have been called Fijian bastard or and Orange basterd by both sides of the old firm. Supporting St Mirren takes us away from that utter nonsense . Personally I I don't want to see any kind of colours / Union colours sold within what I call our spiritual home . Sad some of our support don't get that. It is a big part of why we are St Mirren supporters. We don't discriminate like the old firm do that's why many of us are disgusted Faraway Saint

Spiritual home? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

The same "concrete box" that gets slagged off on a regular basis?

Oh dear. bangin.gif

Righto, I'm going to backtrack on the above post.

Having now read thru the whole thread perhaps my initial reaction was of knickerwetting proportions.

You know it's time to back down when HHIBSS texts you to call you a fud [oh the irony WEE man] :whistle

Have I missed anything vaguely squish-making? A relegation or something else shitey, windy or farty? No?

Where's The Knickerwetter when you need a weather-cock?

Oops. Sorry. Gotta go....

More important things on my... er... mind....

:o

:toilet: