Club Shop Rebranded

I'm obviously one of the ones that needs to get a life. I know how beneficial the money will be, but in my view, the whole thing makes us look like a 'Mickey Mouse' club.

Why do you care how we look to anyone outside the fanbase?

Seriously. You genuinely care what Hearts and Morton fans think?

Why on earth would you care about that?

They are not sitting with the thick end of £200k in their pockets for a couple of days work.

f**kem. f**kem all.

Stop worrying about what others think. It's a pointless waste of energy and time. That would be my advice.

Edited by oaksoft

Some claim to be saints fans but are you. You saying you are finished with st mirren is the reason the 200k will be useful ad I assume you won't come to games or buy a season ticket. If anything the micky mouse club is celtic who are not playing at own ground

So, in your view, if anyone disagrees with elements of this venture for whatever reason, then they're probably not a St Mirren fan!?

Where did I say that I was finished with St Mirren? And I take it that the gist of the second bit is that I wouldn't want the club to have the £200k as I don't go to games or have a season ticket?

For the record, as a supporter of over 40 years, I don't particularly like seeing my club doing business with either of the Old Firm, or having our signage changed to suit one of them.

For the record, as a supporter of over 40 years,

What has THAT got to do with anything? You are implying that your opinion is stronger because of this?

If not why raise it?

It's like me opening a conversation about sex by telling the other person my cock size and how many people I've shagged.

Edited by oaksoft

What has THAT got to do with anything? You are implying that your opinion is stronger because of this?

If not why raise it?

It's like me opening a conversation about sex by telling the other person my cock size and how many people I've shagged.

It became something "to do with anything" when it was questioned whether I actually supported the club.

My argument is that exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting, but for a guy who has previously preached about the pointlessness of anger, your last couple of posts suggest that you're not practicing what you preach this afternoon.

Maybe not for 100% everyone, but I'm sure it is for a good few. The no noise, no standing, no nothing element that is rife in our dull as dishwater home support.

Maybe if we played a bit better and actually went on a sustained winning streak then this would improve.

IMO, this is the main reason for our lack of vocal support. There is also the fact that the season ticket arrangement doesn't help.

No standing? That'll be because you're not allowed to stand, wacko.png

Why do you care how we look to anyone outside the fanbase?

Seriously. You genuinely care what Hearts and Morton fans think?

Why on earth would you care about that?

They are not sitting with the thick end of £200k in their pockets for a couple of days work.

f**kem. f**kem all.

Stop worrying about what others think. It's a pointless waste of energy and time. That would be my advice.

Indeed , and I'd be happy for Saints to lease the stadium out in this way each pre-season if it helps the club bring in players.

Much a do about nothing.

Saints earning much needed cash when stadium not being used by us , doesn't need that much thought , does it ?

Temporary signage and businesses tapping into each other's facilities is a good thing.

Indeed , and I'd be happy for Saints to lease the stadium out in this way each pre-season if it helps the club bring in players.

Much a do about nothing.

Saints earning much needed cash when stadium not being used by us , doesn't need that much thought , does it ?

Temporary signage and businesses tapping into each other's facilities is a good thing.

Whilst I don't wholly agree with you, I respect your point of view WDWB. And you managed to make your point without name calling, querying who folk with other opinions support or bringing bizarre sexual references into the discussion.

I am actually quite surprised at the outrage on here. At least £60k and maybe £200K for 3 days work? For a Club that has been relegated and has to tighten its belt? This one act could be the difference between signing two/three SPL players or zilch. I would prefer if we did not have to have the signage but hey ho £200 grand!

It could have been worse. We could have hired the stadium out to the Tories!

I am actually quite surprised at the outrage on here. At least £60k and maybe £200K for 3 days work? For a Club that has been relegated and has to tighten its belt? This one act could be the difference between signing two/three SPL players or zilch. I would prefer if we did not have to have the signage but hey ho £200 grand!

Don't get Dicko started.

No need to hire out our stadium to the Tories when there's a perfectly good phone box just up the road.

Record just says it believes it to be around £200k, no quote from the club. I'd be delighted if it was but still don't reckon this is nearly accurate.

Would love to be wrong but I heard it was nearer the £60k and have no reason not believe this.

Don't shoot the messenger, believe it if you want.

Maybe Div could ask Brian Caldwell directly in one of his wee updates? Would be interesting to find out how much we got for the rental.

Edited by davidg

Record just says it believes it to be around £200k, no quote from the club. I'd be delighted if it was but still don't reckon this is nearly accurate.

Would love to be wrong but I heard it was nearer the £60k and have no reason not believe this.

Must be true if it was in the Daily Record. Surprised their headline wasn't 'Celtic signage shines at Saints, Celts set to make swoop for Buddies HoF panels'.

I really don't care about taking Rangers or Celtic's money if they've got it to splash about. Big wow that we let them put a few signs up doesn't mean we support them! If it pays for an extra player's wage for the season then it's a great piece of business for St Mirren.

Edited by dr rotund

You know what when all is said and done it is a football game. We choose who we support we choose who we pay to watch its a sport. Get it into perspective a sign for a few days. 39 people went on holiday a week ago and died. That's something to get upset about. The sign will be down in a day or 2 its not a big deal. The sign will be Forgotten news next week 39 people's families are grieving

I'm obviously one of the ones that needs to get a life. I know how beneficial the money will be, but in my view, the whole thing makes us look like a 'Mickey Mouse' club. Those photos have been shown across the media, and I think it makes us look like a wee team, who will do anything for a bit of money.

We are where we are due to the shambles of last season, but the fans have bought season tickets in good numbers and there's been an element of forgive and forget as we look forward to this season. Why are we, yet again, talking about an issue that is controversial amongst a proportion of the support?

I've always been supportive of the Fans Council, but seeing fans with alternative views being described as 'pathetic' and being told to 'get a life' by a Fans Council member starts to make me wonder about how inclusive and representative the Fans Council is.

HE isn't. end of.

rifle.gif2guns.gifrifle.gif2guns.gif

Start a "We've been sold" thread. rolleyes.gif

Spoke to a guy that works in celtics IT dept and he reckons it was "about £250k".

Find it hard to believe maybe it is an estimate including hospitality and so on. What can be sure is it has to be worth doing other wise it would have been rejected . Bloody iPhones Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Guest TPAFKATS

38 pages in, at least on my phone, and most posters still missing what the thread is about.

It's not about another club playing friendlies when we aren't using the ground and their pitch is being replaced.

It's about allowing another club, a rival, a much larger club, one of two that already dominates all football activity in our small country, take over our identity.

Yes it may only be for a small period, but it is still significant. We could easily have allowed them to hire the ground without putting up their corporate branding at the main entrance. They could have had a trailer selling shirts, like AWP did instead of taking over our shop.

We were in the driving seat with regards negotiating this, or at least we should have been.

If it's such a great windfall for the full 3 game package, we could've retained some integrity and pride and taken a few grand less to have no branding.

We were playing them regularly in the same league for vonsecutive years until a few weeks ago. This makes us look like a wee lower league side like airdrie or albion rovers.