Club Shop Rebranded

Its FAR worse than point and laugh material.

We are now making money by exploiting sectarianism and hatred.

I don't care how much money is involved. We are now as bad as them.

To be honest, you're not too far off. On the field transactions (loans, and even use of the pitch are okay), but this is a boaby sooking exercise and is an absolute embarrassment. Edited by Drew

It is a good bit of business to lease the stadium for 10 days and get the income.

But As the old saying goes, they understand the cost but don't understand the value.

from branding and marketing point of view, to let them put the badge on the front of the stadium is just wrong. Allowing the brand of a business competitor to be promoted in the heart of the community that we should be actively encouraging to support st.mirren and become customers for years to come.

Yet, it will be easier for a kid from feegie park with limited social mobility to buy a Celtic strip than a st.mirren strip.

I hope we a least put up some opposition to this.

Unfortunately, due to the inadequacy of our BoD last season, we've got ourselves into a position where we need all the cash we can get.

If we did oppose this "rebranding of our ground" and the green bigot "powers that be" said, it's either that or no deal, then I'm afraid IMO, we're in no situation to lose out on a financial (plus players) deal like this.

It's distasteful to me, given that the green bigots are a cancer that needs to be removed from Scottish football, as CS quite correctly points out.

Absolute #*$%£ disgrace.

St Mirren fans are by very definition anti-Old Firm. If we weren’t we would be supporting them. This is the equivalent of Athletico allowing Real Madrid to have a shop at their ground.

As usual, the penniless state of Scottish Football will be churned out as an excuse, and here’s us backing the root cause of that.

I hope we a least put up some opposition to this.

Unfortunately, due to the inadequacy of our BoD last season, we've got ourselves into a position where we need all the cash we can get.

If we did oppose this "rebranding of our ground" and the green bigot "powers that be" said, it's either that or no deal, then I'm afraid IMO, we're in no situation to lose out on a financial (plus players) deal like this.

It's distasteful to me, given that the green bigots are a cancer that needs to be removed from Scottish football, as CS quite correctly points out.

The BoD must have forgotten that football is about community and it is tribal - that's why we turn up even when the team is crap. This is totally unacceptable.

Again, we have no home games around these matches. The next time we play there the signs will be down and Saints signs will be back up.

If the choices available to the club are the stadium lies empty for two weeks and we get no income and no loan players from Celtic...

Or...

Celtic play 3 games there, put up a couple of temporary signs, the club gets income and/or loan players the standard of McGowan, Carey and Cuthbert (all recent loanees we've had from Celtic)..

Then I'm definitely choosing the latter. The most important thing for me is performances on the pitch. If we sign Paul McMullan on loan next week and he scores 20 goals for us as we get promoted next season, then will there be many fan complaints? Will our fans be saying... 'Aye but we shouldn't have signed him cos part of the deal was we let Celtic put the sign up outside our shop..?'

Of course we won't. Footballs the most important thing for me. And this deal will enable us to put a better team on the pitch one way or another.

The deal to rent the stadium out was fine by me, I've already stated that fella, I am sure it was a good deal commercially and if that strengthens us as a club then all good.

My gripe here is that the Celtic crest is on our walls, replacing the St.Mirren crest.

To me that is a step too far. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

The deal to rent the stadium out was fine by me, I've already stated that fella, I am sure it was a good deal commercially and if that strengthens us as a club then all good.

My gripe here is that the Celtic crest is on our walls, replacing the St.Mirren crest.

To me that is a step too far. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

Totally agree with you mate. Sickening to see their crest on our stadium. Saddens me to see Saints fans who don't see the problem with it happening too.

well accept it cos it's happening. Celtic paying a load of money to use our stadium. We would be stupid to turn down the cash that would pay two players wages for a season.

In business, decisions are made on a commercial basis founded in values & principles of the business.

St Mirren Football Club have lost some of its values & principles with this deal.

That's just stupid.

No I would never support the mixing of politics and football. I'm actually against the advertising we allow political parties and politicians to take out around our ground, but that's a different issue entirely.

Celtic aren't a political party though, they're a football club.

Trolling, surely!

Would it be okay if we rented out the ground to the BNP for a party conference and allowed them to put BNP signs up on the stadium frontage?

Oh FFS get a grip. lol.gif

Grow up people. If this sort of thing truly angers you perhaps you need to get a life, or a sense of perspective, or both.

Of all the things to be worrying about this doesn't even register.

well accept it cos it's happening. Celtic paying a load of money to use our stadium. We would be stupid to turn down the cash that would pay two players wages for a season.

For 2 whole players for one season!!! Oh sorry, I thought we had allowed this sickening image on the stadium of a 138 year old club for something insubstantial.