BLF

Smisa Statement On Fan Ownership / Gordon Scott

Would be great if this happens. Most promising development since the club was out up for sale particularly as GLS is involved. One question though,. Would there be money set aside for any short falls? I appreciate things are very much at the infancy stage and wish you the best of luck getting the deal done.

Edited by Master Yoda

Brilliant news. The only good thing that can come out of our relegation is the reduction in the current incumbents' asking price, and the transition to fan ownership.

Edited by Chris

This plan is obviously similiar to The Foundation of Hearts whereby finance will eventually be paid back to Ann Budge in due course thus enabling The Fans to take control of the club.I would most certainly be willing to subscribe but would wish clarity on my present shareholding also that of my wife and family.I am very excited that Gordon Scott is willing to front the initial takeover.

This is extremely encouraging and exciting news and I like that we have the figurehead of Gordon Scott behind it who has the best interests of the club at heart Onwards and upwards and I'm sure this will get the backing of the majority of St Mirren fans

Edited by gazmc83

Great move and hope it comes off. But. We could have set something like this up a few years ago and we would now be in position to buy outright. No one is going tomboy our club with any other intrest in lining there own pocket. Surely gilmour got to take this offer

will the bod be interested in selling to gls,not sure there is too much love between the two parties ?

This was my first thought too. Hopefully any ill feeling can be set aside for the good of the club and the fans. Would be great to be part of this going forward.

will the bod be interested in selling to gls,not sure there is too much love between the two parties ?

I think that's true but surely SG & co have to put all differences aside for the sake of the club this is the best offer they are going to get and it will keep the club in the hands of the fans

This is a truly encouraging development, and hopefully all fans who are in a position to get behind this do so. I will be talking to my bank to see what my options are re a direct debit taking into account the ever changing exchange rate, and lets hope that any discussions on process on this forum can proceed without rancour and recrimination.

Apologies for being naïve in this matter however reading it as a novice, I can only see that this would leave us with 2 members on the BOD, (Gordon Scott ) and an elected member from SMiSA, so my question is surely their would be more members of the BOD,s and who would have control over the day to day running of the club.

The aim is to buy the consortiums shares - approximately 52% this would give us the majority that the consortium have now, other major shareholders can of course be board members and their experience and input is vital, this plan aims to be an inclusive one which is not about one group it is for all Saints fans and those who want to see Saints safeguarded as their club, if successful the club will remain in the hands of us - the fans, and would never be open to speculation from business groups who could use it for their own agenda - then drop it like a stone when they had taken what they wanted. We want to take majority control now, and not in the future when some group have left us in the lurch. The club is not in crisis at the moment and this plan can ensure wee never are.

After the much publicised share buying last Autumn do we know hown many shares the members of the consortium own?

I'm presuming GLS wishes to keep his shares in the proposed set up but what about Ken McGeouch?

Edited by Bud the Baker