Smisa Statement On Fan Ownership / Gordon Scott

BLF

GLS will obviously keep his shares until we are in a position to buy them back from him, can't comment on Kens shares as he is his own man. The consortium like ourselves were actively buying shares, the accounts filed up to 2014 show that Douglas street ltd hold 51.25% of shares (97,637 shares) these figures will have increased both for the consortium and SMiSA, We will not know the actual amount until we have a successful bid or when the 2015 figures are published.

Had a think about it and if GLS wants to underwrite the takeover then kudos to him but I wouldn't make any distinction between Ken McGeaoch and the Consortium and feel that any offer should be made to both at the same time and on the same terms.

Here's a quote from scoop1987 shutup.gif back in the day.................

I am not sure if this is already in the public domain but if I was Ken Mcgoech or Gordon scott I would be well pissed off!

The following is a breakdown of where the £2million selling price would have went in 2008 and as of todays date.

Stuart Gilmour 24,259 shares £403,912

George Cambell 21,209 shares £353,129

Alan Marshall 7,670 shares £127,705

Evelyn Purvis 12,842 shares £213,479

Brian McAusland 21,722 shares £361,671

Gordon Scott 15,224 shares £253,479

Ken McGeoch 17,154 shares £285,614

In late 2008 George Cambell bought 4,284 additional shares and Brian McAusland bought 5,701 shares. This allowed them to sell a controlling interest in the club without including Scott and McGeoch thus ignoring the gentlemens agreement between all board members that if they ever sold they would sell as a group.

Now whoever could old scoop1987 be?

Edit - Ol' scoop's posts have been deleted however they can still be found embedded within other posts! lol.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Absolutely brilliant news, I have been slow in rejoining SMSA however will rejoin before the end of next week. Question when it comes to fan ownership subscription if financial circumstances change I take it you can drop out ?

You can drop out at anytime you wish, hopefully nobody does that without good reason. It is a long road we face and we need everyone on board that can afford to be on board. People will have differing opinions along the way, which is only natural - it happens now doesn't it -

This is a democratic venture for fans, we all have to work at it and stay with it to see our club safe in our hands at the end of it.

Since we were relegated things just seem to be turning around for us, new manager, decent strip, great season ticket sales, dare I say an upbeat forum (in the main) and now a real opportunity for fan ownership, think I need to pinch myself.

I'm most definitely in.

COYS !

Since we were relegated things just seem to be turning around for us, new manager, decent strip, great season ticket sales, dare I say an upbeat forum (in the main) and now a real opportunity for fan ownership, think I need to pinch myself.

I'm most definitely in.

COYS !

It can't last. That wouldn't be the St Mirren way.

Has the dome not collapsed in the heat?

I'm most definitely in.

COYS !

No, no, no... apart from the relegation, the new management, a stonking kit, the 1877 Club news, encouraging ST sales, GLS maybe stepping up with fan ownership, a controversial deal to hire the stadium, the McGinn situation, Thommo's final hurrah, new signings with more to follow, the return of the Renfrewshire derby, the prospect of fresh opponents in the Championship, and Div's exciting home page revamp.... you have forgotten the biggest close-season talking point....

.... Mark Spalding's clobber in that photo. Fcuking rank. Get it sorted Burtons / Next / M&S / Primark....

Edited by pozbaird

I'm glad there's another buy out option on the table and I'll look forward to seeing more flesh on the bones of this soon. If it is going to be a real complete replica of what Budge is doing at Hearts I'd be delighted.

Good post. Sums up my feelings too. Let's hear the detail and see what's what.

I'm glad there's another buy out option on the table and I'll look forward to seeing more flesh on the bones of this soon. If it is going to be a real complete replica of what Budge is doing at Hearts I'd be delighted.

Why the f*ck are you bothered? You're not a Saints fan, by your own admission, so it's got f*ck all to do with you.

Would it not be more appropriate in this case to refer to such things as the large hippo in the room? :zipit

Very exciting news. Clearly this is in the very early stages and there are lots of hurdles to overcome, however the fact Hearts and Motherwell - the latter a club who weren't in particular financial difficulty yet still managed to draw members - have managed to do similar in the last few years show it can be done and is feasible. Not being the first to go down this route will bring with it various benefits and also a lot of knowledge I'd imagine we'd be able to draw on.

Looking forward to hearing more about this. I know someone has already asked about board members but how is it going to work to start with? Gordon will be chairman and majority shareholder so does he appoint everyone bar the SMiSA representative? Will the payments be structured in a way to cope with people cancelling their direct debits in a huff because of a crap season or other club's signs going up?

Neither Hearts nor Motherwell fans own their club... But hey don't let facts get in the way.

How many members are needed to make this work? Hopefully folk aren't put off after signing up last time only to see it come to nothing.

Of course, Gordon Scott's involvement comes with the added bonus of some more potential meltdowns from everyone's new favourite poster.

Would it not be more appropriate in this case to refer to such things as the large hippo in the room? :zipit

Very exciting news. Clearly this is in the very early stages and there are lots of hurdles to overcome, however the fact Hearts and Motherwell - the latter a club who weren't in particular financial difficulty yet still managed to draw members - have managed to do similar in the last few years show it can be done and is feasible. Not being the first to go down this route will bring with it various benefits and also a lot of knowledge I'd imagine we'd be able to draw on.

Looking forward to hearing more about this. I know someone has already asked about board members but how is it going to work to start with? Gordon will be chairman and majority shareholder so does he appoint everyone bar the SMiSA representative? Will the payments be structured in a way to cope with people cancelling their direct debits in a huff because of a crap season or other club's signs going up?

How many members are needed to make this work? Hopefully folk aren't put off after signing up last time only to see it come to nothing.

Of course, Gordon Scott's involvement comes with the added bonus of some more potential meltdowns from everyone's new favourite poster.

neither Hearts or Motherwell fans own their club.... But hey don't let facts get in the way. Lets all get behind GLS and his latest bid to be chairman on others finance. Edited by Lord Pityme

neither Hearts or Motherwell fans own their club.... But hey don't let facts get in the way. Lets all get behind GLS and his latest bid to be chairman on others finance.

You are correct. They don't. Yet.

But then, if GLS is a fan and SMiSA are fans then does that mean We would have fan ownership? Just checking the facts.

You are correct. They don't. Yet.

But then, if GLS is a fan and SMiSA are fans then does that mean We would have fan ownership? Just checking the facts.

We have fan ownership now.

So Atkinson wants the fans to buy the club and make him chairman, then after several false starts he wants to flog GLS's shares to make him chairman and put GLS on the board... Now GLS wants the fans to buy the club off him and make him chairman....

Wouldn't it be a fan buy out if the fans bought the club and elected a chairman and board of their choice?

Pay to make GLS chairman.... Aye yir maw.

Edited by Lord Pityme

So Atkinson wants the fans to buy the club and make him chairman, then after several false starts he wants to flog GLS's shares to make him chairman and put GLS on the board... Now GLS wants the fans to buy the club off him and make him chairman....

Wouldn't it be a fan buy out if the fans bought the club and elected a chairman and board of their choice?

Who would you like to see become SGs successor as Chairman of St Mirren?

Edited by pozbaird

Atkinson. Where does he come in to this?

Just out of interest, what's your thoughts on the Hearts model?