Smisa Statement On Fan Ownership / Gordon Scott

BLF

Now HSS was there really any need for you to stick your big overgrown conk in?

Maybe you should start putting your feet up and drinking horlicks, feet up and horlicks indeed.

My nose is perfect.Perfect noses run in my family,run in my family indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic, I believe discussions are ongoing between the board and the GLS/SMiSA consortium and that there have been positive developments recently.

I can't say much on this as it's not my place to do so (plus I fear my record on stories relating to the sale is not great !) but hopefully things will continue to progress and we will all hear more when the time is right.

Either way I really hope that the supporters will get another chance at buying the majority shareholding. If the price is right and the model is right then I don't see why it can't.

Suffice to say though it's still going to need a lot of money to do it, even if the price is reduced. There is no way of doing it without some level of financial commitment from many fans and that is going to be the crux of it. Do enough supporters believe in the model to make it work and are they prepared to back it with cold hard cash?

It's going to be a big ask in this current climate but fingers crossed it can still happen.

Back on topic, I believe discussions are ongoing between the board and the GLS/SMiSA consortium and that there have been positive developments recently.

I can't say much on this as it's not my place to do so (plus I fear my record on stories relating to the sale is not great !) but hopefully things will continue to progress and we will all hear more when the time is right.

Either way I really hope that the supporters will get another chance at buying the majority shareholding. If the price is right and the model is right then I don't see why it can't.

Suffice to say though it's still going to need a lot of money to do it, even if the price is reduced. There is no way of doing it without some level of financial commitment from many fans and that is going to be the crux of it. Do enough supporters believe in the model to make it work and are they prepared to back it with cold hard cash?

It's going to be a big ask in this current climate but fingers crossed it can still happen.

Jumping the gun again with a non story that tells people nothing!

It will really piss you off if someone else breaks this first.... Why can't you leave the announcements to the people who know, instead of setting hares off running with scant regard to unnecessarily raising expectations?

No doubt Atkinson will be jumping all over this too!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Jumping the gun again with a non story that tells people nothing!

It will really piss you off if someone else breaks this first.... Why can't you leave the announcements to the people who know, instead of setting hares off running with scant regard to unnecessarily raising expectations?

No doubt Atkinson will be jumping all over this too!

Please don't attempt to speak for how the rest of us might respond to Div's post. I, for one, am quite happy to hear that there appears to be some mileage in this yet, but I won't be wetting my knickers in excitement, so don't be worrying overly about that.

I know Div well enough to trust that he is sharing what limited info he has in good faith. I imagine many on here will be of a similar view. Perhaps if you spent less time shit stirring and craving attention, people might be inclined to regard you in a similar light. Not that I would wish to speak for anyone else, of course.

Please don't attempt to speak for how the rest of us might respond to Div's post. I, for one, am quite happy to hear that there appears to be some mileage in this yet, but I won't be wetting my knickers in excitement, so don't be worrying overly about that.

I know Div well enough to trust that he is sharing what limited info he has in good faith. I imagine many on here will be of a similar view. Perhaps if you spent less time shit stirring and craving attention, people might be inclined to regard you in a similar light. Not that I would wish to speak for anyone else, of course.

I've had Lord Pityme on ignore for the last few months, so only see his posts when they are re-tweeted.

My forum life is infinitely better for it.

Purpose of the post was not to unduly raise expectations, but simply to say that things are still progressing.

That information came from Gordon Scott himself who I spoke to at half time on Saturday so I'll leave the forum to decide if it might be accurate or not.

I'm very happy to leave SMiSA and Gordon to decide when it's time to update everyone on where it's all at and I'm sure they will when they have something concrete to say.

Who would want to speak for you? I am impressed you can type whilst your nose is wedged between Div's hairy cheeks.

And "limited Info"? ... ffs thats the biggest understatement since Harold Schipman said he was "delighted people over the age of 75 were going to get a dedicated GP"..!

Theres "No Info" in Div's post, its a direct copy of a LoveStreetzo PM....

Now if you can speak for anyone else with your face pressed up there that will be something to commend!

Seems as good a place as any to ask this - any word on when the club's AGM will be? Surely can't be too far away now. The Miller appointment last week struck me as the board trying to do something in a bid to reduce the amount of criticism that will be flying about.

Update from SMiSA this morning;

We are conscious it has been a number of weeks since the last update to members on SMiSA’s joint offer with former St Mirren director Gordon Scott for the majority shareholding in the club.

We outlined what this would involve when we first made all members aware during the summer (http://www.smisa.net/news-archive/182-latest-on-smisa-gordon-scott-bid)

The SMiSA committee entered into this process because we believe no future owner would take better care of our club than you, the fans, and because Gordon’s involvement has opened up a route through which that could happen in a viable and sustainable way.

In the past couple of months the SMiSA committee and Gordon have had constructive ongoing dialogue with the consortium about how a deal might work, but to date no agreement has been reached.

When we started this process we knew it would not be easy for a small team of volunteers to pull off a deal of this size, and that has proven to be true.
A lot of work has and continues to go on behind the scenes to make sure our proposed model is robust and viable and to make sure we are getting appropriate professional help.

So far, we have been able to do so without having to dip into trust funds, however we wanted to notify members we now require to spend £2,000 on financial advice.
This money will allow an independent expert with top-level football boardroom experience to carry out a specific piece of work for us, and is coming via Supporters Direct, the football fan umbrella body of which the trust is a member.

This is money we feel will be well spent to help us get the best information possible about how a fan-run St Mirren might work – but given it is a significant sum we felt it was appropriate to make all members aware.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience throughout what has been a complex process. We will continue to work away behind the scenes and will update the members as soon as there is any news to report.

The SMiSA Committee

Update from SMiSA this morning;

We are conscious it has been a number of weeks since the last update to members on SMiSA’s joint offer with former St Mirren director Gordon Scott for the majority shareholding in the club.

We outlined what this would involve when we first made all members aware during the summer (http://www.smisa.net/news-archive/182-latest-on-smisa-gordon-scott-bid)

The SMiSA committee entered into this process because we believe no future owner would take better care of our club than you, the fans, and because Gordon’s involvement has opened up a route through which that could happen in a viable and sustainable way.

In the past couple of months the SMiSA committee and Gordon have had constructive ongoing dialogue with the consortium about how a deal might work, but to date no agreement has been reached.

When we started this process we knew it would not be easy for a small team of volunteers to pull off a deal of this size, and that has proven to be true.

A lot of work has and continues to go on behind the scenes to make sure our proposed model is robust and viable and to make sure we are getting appropriate professional help.

So far, we have been able to do so without having to dip into trust funds, however we wanted to notify members we now require to spend £2,000 on financial advice.

This money will allow an independent expert with top-level football boardroom experience to carry out a specific piece of work for us, and is coming via Supporters Direct, the football fan umbrella body of which the trust is a member.

This is money we feel will be well spent to help us get the best information possible about how a fan-run St Mirren might work – but given it is a significant sum we felt it was appropriate to make all members aware.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience throughout what has been a complex process. We will continue to work away behind the scenes and will update the members as soon as there is any news to report.

The SMiSA Committee

Faid do's.

Sorry to bother you but I will be honest up front

I am not a St Mirren supporter nor do I really follow one football team.

If I am in Motherwell I look at Motherwell if I am staying in Dundee I look at both Dundee teams I was following Forfar for he last 6 months but now I am back in Paisley

I do drop in to various forums just to see what is happening at the local team

I followed all the events on the CIC take over which failed now I see that GLS and SMISA are trying to buy the club and this seems to be popular with the support.

I do not know who GLS is but from what I have read he will be putting the money up front with SMISA then buying it back slow time

Can I ask what are SMISA bringing to the table? They are a fan group which I do not see bringing any more money into the club that you already have at the moment.

If they are going to bring more money into the club then why have they not done so before now to prevent your clubs freefall over the last 2 years,

Even if they get the bulk of your support say 2000 to subscribe say £10 per month that is only £20000 per month or £200000 per year would that really make a difference?

The only thing I can see happening is what is happening at Motherwell is that you will end up with a few privileged fans knowing a little about what is going on within the club and the rest being left out of the loop due to confidentiality. This then means that rest will get fed up and stop paying monies

I thought the CIC was interesting but I could not see how the model would have been a benefit to the club short term and it would appear the same thing is going to happen with this new take over bid.

Is there going to be an investment in the club or are you going to operate breaking even and hope the new owners GLS and SMISA appoint a better manager than the current board?

Again I am sorry to bother you but all the information I have read is online and there appears to be no plan to make things better

Sorry to bother you but I will be honest up front

If I am in Motherwell I look at Motherwell if I am staying in Dundee I look at both Dundee teams I was following Forfar for he last 6 months but now I am back in Paisley

I do drop in to various forums just to see what is happening at the local team

I followed all the events on the CIC take over which failed now I see that GLS and SMISA are trying to buy the club and this seems to be popular with the support.

I do not know who GLS is but from what I have read he will be putting the money up front with SMISA then buying it back slow time

Can I ask what are SMISA bringing to the table? They are a fan group which I do not see bringing any more money into the club that you already have at the moment.

If they are going to bring more money into the club then why have they not done so before now to prevent your clubs freefall over the last 2 years,

Even if they get the bulk of your support say 2000 to subscribe say £10 per month that is only £20000 per month or £200000 per year would that really make a difference?

The only thing I can see happening is what is happening at Motherwell is that you will end up with a few privileged fans knowing a little about what is going on within the club and the rest being left out of the loop due to confidentiality. This then means that rest will get fed up and stop paying monies

I thought the CIC was interesting but I could not see how the model would have been a benefit to the club short term and it would appear the same thing is going to happen with this new take over bid.

Is there going to be an investment in the club or are you going to operate breaking even and hope the new owners GLS and SMISA appoint a better manager than the current board?

Again I am sorry to bother you but all the information I have read is online and there appears to be no plan to make things better

My money is on Stu Dick with Lookatme a plausible alternative.

Hmmmm not a St Mirren fan, unnecessarily long winded (I think we all got the gist after "if I am in Motherwell..."), factually incorrect (are there really only 10months in the year!?).... I know who my money's on.

I was making the assumption that not all the money raise via the fans would go onto the park some of the funds would surely need to be invested in the running of the club

So basically from my post that no one knows of any plan to improve the club

I admit I am not part of your fan base but if I am on the outside asking these questions then why are the support not asking or is there an alternative source of information?

Liked the comment of what football is it really that bad only seen St Mirren on the TV twice against Rangers which you did not play that badly and the Raith game.

My money is on Stu Dick with Lookatme a plausible alternative. I am not sure what this is about in regards to the buy out are these other investors?

I was making the assumption that not all the money raise via the fans would go onto the park some of the funds would surely need to be invested in the running of the club

So basically from my post that no one knows of any plan to improve the club

I admit I am not part of your fan base but if I am on the outside asking these questions then why are the support not asking or is there an alternative source of information?

Liked the comment of what football is it really that bad only seen St Mirren on the TV twice against Rangers which you did not play that badly and the Raith game.

My money is on Stu Dick with Lookatme a plausible alternative. I am not sure what this is about in regards to the buy out are these other investors?

What's your opinion of the SNP?