Smisa Statement On Fan Ownership / Gordon Scott

BLF

What are you on about?

Unless I'm mistaken, he offered to meet you for a face to face discussion.

Admission free - pay at the door, soft seats - sit on the floor.

Edited by Drew

Time for Div to intervene here.This for goodness sake is a serious thread about the very future of our beloved Football Club.Surely its not too much to ask for sensible contributions like when are initial talks to take place with the Selling Consortium and will there be a serious of meetings taking place etc.

Time for Div to intervene here.This for goodness sake is a serious thread about the very future of our beloved Football Club.Surely its not too much to ask for sensible contributions like when are initial talks to take place with the Selling Consortium and will there be a serious of meetings taking place etc.

This!

Take the Abuse and such like elsewhere.

Indeed.

The good name of the club is sullied every time that moon man "look at me" posts.sad.png

But it's the regularity of the same opinion.

Far be it for me to speak for Pityme but what else would you expect? If someone holds a strong belief in their own opinion and no-one has made an argument to that point that has changed their mind then of course the opinion is going to remain the same.

FWIW, on topic, I think Pityme has a point that we can surely all agree with. We don't have enough information, detail or time scales for anyone to decide right now whether this is a deal we, as individuals can support or not. It sounds like SMiSA don't have all the information either - they say themselves that talks are still at an early stage. As a SMiSA member I look forward to seeing more detail and as a big long term supporter of community ownership of football clubs I am quite glad to see that there at least seems to be another community bid proposal in the offing. I am also glad to see that finally the St Mirren Independent Supporters Association are finally focused on what they should have been doing all along - buying up shares with the aim to give fans the controlling stake in the club.

Like Pityme I would also love a situation where Gilmour and Co are forced to concede their shares are worthless and that they simply hand them over to SMiSA and that all membership funds can then be put into improving facilities and infrastructure at the club with a view to helping boost playing revenues in future. However I am perhaps more pragmatic in realising that it won't happen and that the only way to facilitate the change to community ownership of the club would be to have a funding vehicle - be that Gordon Scott, or a bank or one of the social funders - in place to buy the shares that will then need to be repaid, and that whatever vehicle that is it's likely to come loaded with some sort of interest repayment as well.

Do you think you'll get a serious answer on the forum.

I'm sure a statement will be made officially when a proposal is properly put in place, as it needs the support of the fans.

Edited by pod

For once I agree with you. You and your Gazzilion other aliases have taken abusing and insulting guid home Folks to new heights.

I only dish out abuse to those who strike first.

You regularly dish out abuse to people whose opinion differs from yours.

To make matters worse, you are stupid. Very stupid.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I love the forum.

The first line of my post is the context for the next 2 lines.

The very fact that you did that also highlights how very stupid you are.

He's an open target for abuse faraway as he struck first and abuses on a regular basis.

There are a number of very stupid people on this forum (myself included) but I wouldn't ordinarily point it out. However, with abusers, I'm more than happy to point out their stupidity. And Vambo is very very stupid.

In a similar vein, you are a complete and utter stupid c*nt. holiday.gif

Edited by nosferatu

The first line of my post is the context for the next 2 lines.

The very fact that you did that also highlights how very stupid you are.

He's an open target for abuse faraway as he struck first and abuses on a regular basis.

There are a number of very stupid people on this forum (myself included) but I wouldn't ordinarily point it out. However, with abusers, I'm more than happy to point out their stupidity. And Vambo is very very stupid.

In a similar vein, you are a complete and utter stupid c*nt. holiday.gif

Beep, beep, beep.....................backtracking. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Seventeen days since the opening remarks.How are matters progressing?I am especially keen that Fan Ownership comes to fruition and to this end time is of the essence.May I suggest that a Meeting of all interested parties takes place including the election of Office Bearers at which time we can formulate plans for Commitment Forms Direct Debiting Mandates and the opening of Bank Accounts for collection of relative payments.Can SMISA organise this?

Seventeen days since the opening remarks.How are matters progressing?I am especially keen that Fan Ownership comes to fruition and to this end time is of the essence.May I suggest that a Meeting of all interested parties takes place including the election of Office Bearers at which time we can formulate plans for Commitment Forms Direct Debiting Mandates and the opening of Bank Accounts for collection of relative payments.Can SMISA organise this?

Already all in place on Smisa website !

All in good time MCS, be assured we are constantly working on the plan and will arrange a meeting when the time is right. The SMiSA trust already have a "go cardless" account and other methods of collection will be in place when the time is right.