Stadium Car Park To Become Airport Car Park

Can't argue with that, makes complete sense. The Car Park hasn't really been used even on matchday's as I think everyone would have imagined when we moved there.

More money to the coffers, more money to the team. Good !

On a car park related note, judging by posts on the official forum it seems renewal notices for car park passes aren't being sent out this year, which I believe they have in the past. You can call reception to renew - and I'm assuming buy if you don't already have one.

Haven't seen that been announced anywhere so guessing there might be folk waiting renewal letters.

Yep, outstanding news. Good to see other commercial revenue streams being considered/put into action.

I wonder if they're just nicked the best ideas from that English Consortium's bid whistling.gif

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to come up with these sort of ideas, they were being talked about when the ground was first built but never materialised. Which is why it's a bit strange that it's taken them this long to do it. I would hazard a guess that it's something to do with the new director we have (forgot his name) who already has airport parking (in Murray street I think?) and who owns the Murray street industrial units across from the ground. But why could the existing board not have done it years ago? Seems like the usual laziness and lack of ambition/foresight from gilmour and co.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to come up with these sort of ideas, they were being talked about when the ground was first built but never materialised. Which is why it's a bit strange that it's taken them this long to do it. I would hazard a guess that it's something to do with the new director we have (forgot his name) who already has airport parking (in Murray street I think?) and who owns the Murray street industrial units across from the ground. But why could the existing board not have done it years ago? Seems like the usual laziness and lack of ambition/foresight from gilmour and co.

Lol

Somebody always pishes their pants

Even in a good news story.

They thought of the idea... but parked it.

Makes a lot of sense as the car park is empty 99% of the time and even on match days it has few vehicles in it for its size. I had a permit for the second half of our first year there but gave up after a few weeks due to the ridiculous delays in getting out. I started parking just outside the car park gate and could be back in Ayrshire before my mate got to Renfrew.

I think Ian Henderson being in at the club will make a difference. These things do take time and planning to implement and whilst it's easy to sit back and say it should have been done ages ago the main thing is it's done now and should hopefully provide us with extra revenue for many years to come.

We must make St.Mirren Park a venue that makes revenue as much as possible outside of matchdays.

On a car park related note, judging by posts on the official forum it seems renewal notices for car park passes aren't being sent out this year, which I believe they have in the past. You can call reception to renew - and I'm assuming buy if you don't already have one.

Haven't seen that been announced anywhere so guessing there might be folk waiting renewal letters.

I am one of the eight disabled fans that was due a free car parking pass as negotiated by SMDSA, how will this affect us. Perhaps as it's not available for airport parking on match days it will not in anyway have an affect on us at all, that being the case then it makes sense.

Edited by stripey

I am one of the eight disabled fans that was due a free car parking pass as negotiated by SMDSA, how will this affect us. Perhaps as it's not available for airport parking on match days it will not in anyway have an affect on us at all, that being the case then it makes sense.

Says there will be reduced number of airport parking spaces on matchdays so shouldn't affect Saints fans.

Makes a lot of sense as the car park is empty 99% of the time and even on match days it has few vehicles in it for its size. I had a permit for the second half of our first year there but gave up after a few weeks due to the ridiculous delays in getting out. I started parking just outside the car park gate and could be back in Ayrshire before my mate got to Renfrew.

Me to I park across where the buddie good trailer is only to get away quick on match days. This is another area the club should look into. Though would imagine the Poilice have some control over this.

I have a friend who was working on laying Tarmac at the car parks down Murray Street and appearently these car parks can be quite lucrative if people buy an individual car space and then rent if out. Don't know if this is the route St. Mirren are taking but would be worth looking into. I believe spaces go for upwards of £20k.

Here is a statement I've found on a website called Park First Investment...

Airport car parking is at a premium and has been a long-standing, high yielding corporate investment worldwide. Park First is proud that this investment is no longer just for the super rich, with individual parking spaces now available to purchase from just £20,000 each.

Single or multiple parking spaces are available to purchase, which provide a guaranteed return within the first two years of 8% per annum. Each parking space carries a single title deed, which is registered in your own name or that of your company at the Land Registry.

Glasgow Airport is expanding, along with all other main city airports. It offers strong long-term growth due to the massive expansion of global air travel. Glasgow Airport long stay parking is an excellent commercial property investment and a fantastic way to diversify your investment portfolio.

I have a friend who was working on laying Tarmac at the car parks down Murray Street and appearently these car parks can be quite lucrative if people buy an individual car space and then rent if out. Don't know if this is the route St. Mirren are taking but would be worth looking into. I believe spaces go for upwards of £20k.

Here is a statement I've found on a website called Park First Investment...

Airport car parking is at a premium and has been a long-standing, high yielding corporate investment worldwide. Park First is proud that this investment is no longer just for the super rich, with individual parking spaces now available to purchase from just £20,000 each.

Single or multiple parking spaces are available to purchase, which provide a guaranteed return within the first two years of 8% per annum. Each parking space carries a single title deed, which is registered in your own name or that of your company at the Land Registry.

Glasgow Airport is expanding, along with all other main city airports. It offers strong long-term growth due to the massive expansion of global air travel. Glasgow Airport long stay parking is an excellent commercial property investment and a fantastic way to diversify your investment portfolio.

Just shows the kind of money we can be making here. That talks about an 8% yield per annum on one space for an investment of 20k, an annual income of £1600 per space.

Let's be frugal/conservative and say we will only get half that per space per year. We have over 400 spaces; 400 x 800 is an annual income of £320,000.

This time in 3 and a bit years Rodney, we will be millionaires :)