Stadium Car Park To Become Airport Car Park

Just shows the kind of money we can be making here. That talks about an 8% yield per annum on one space for an investment of 20k, an annual income of £1600 per space.

Let's be frugal/conservative and say we will only get half that per space per year. We have over 400 spaces; 400 x 800 is an annual income of £320,000.

This time in 3 and a bit years Rodney, we will be millionaires smile.png

Fuckin' hell!

Let's pave over the stadium and the pitch - cocaine & hookers at the next shareholder's meeting! sorcerer.gif

Just shows the kind of money we can be making here. That talks about an 8% yield per annum on one space for an investment of 20k, an annual income of £1600 per space.

Let's be frugal/conservative and say we will only get half that per space per year. We have over 400 spaces; 400 x 800 is an annual income of £320,000.

This time in 3 and a bit years Rodney, we will be millionaires :)

Pretty sure the land on FP Avenue directly opposite the Airdome is a club asset. If there really is that much money to be made then, if the existing carparks prove to be lucrative, maybe the club could look at paving and securing this land for the same purpose.

On a car park related note, judging by posts on the official forum it seems renewal notices for car park passes aren't being sent out this year, which I believe they have in the past. You can call reception to renew - and I'm assuming buy if you don't already have one.

Haven't seen that been announced anywhere so guessing there might be folk waiting renewal letters.

I renewed mine on Monday, at the same time as I renewed my season ticket.

I wonder how that'll work if it's being used as an airport car park? I wouldn't like to think of attempting to park my car before a game only to find out its full.

Why don't we give every car driver that books into the car park a voucher that sees them get a future match ticket at SMP for a fiver? Even if they don't support us, they could use it or give it to someone else. Just hand it in at the PATG window and hand over a five spot. If the car owner is an 'Old Firm' fan, they might still pop along to take in a game for a cheap price.

Great idea and like others have said about time too..

Not sure how it will work though with certain days without access.

Hopefully a good earner for the club.

I would guess that out of the 400 spaces that are available there will be x amount available for matchday say possibly 200 and the others will be used for airport parking and when there are no games all 400 will be available for airport but the logistics will be dealt with by our new director who obviously sees where there is money to be made.

Good news.

I note that lovestreetparking ltd has been in operation since December 2013 and has 4 other airport car parks, including at Edinburgh. Registered office St Vincent St, Glasgow.

I'm assuming its a Saints fan behind it.

Presumably paying Saints a fee to rent the car park and no risk to the club.

Got to laugh at the Saints fans who said this should have been done before now. Totally clueless.

Pretty sure the land on FP Avenue directly opposite the Airdome is a club asset. If there really is that much money to be made then, if the existing carparks prove to be lucrative, maybe the club could look at paving and securing this land for the same purpose.

Always thought that this could be a money making area. That is where the original blueprints had our indoor football park before the plug got pulled on it.

The use of the current carpark for the airport link could be another way of showing prospective buyers that there is areas with an investment.

Good news.

I note that lovestreetparking ltd has been in operation since December 2013 and has 4 other airport car parks, including at Edinburgh. Registered office St Vincent St, Glasgow.

I'm assuming its a Saints fan behind it.

Presumably paying Saints a fee to rent the car park and no risk to the club.

Got to laugh at the Saints fans who said this should have been done before now. Totally clueless.

Doubt it. Looks like they were called Fountainbridge Parking or the like until about six months ago before changing name. Same company that want to build a car park at Love Street, hence the name. Dunno how that's coming along.

While such deals will hopefully mean an increase in the playing budget, it would also be nice to see the extra funds used elsewhere - such as by re-hiring one of the people made redundant at Ralston are expanding the commercial or media departments which would, hopefully, in lead to even more revenue being generated.

I just noticed another Airport parking has opened straight across from our Main Stand.It's called Swift Parking and is on the land that the L bikers used for training.

F'ck nose how long it's been there!!!

Apparently the club have recently appointed a surveyor to value the other land they own. That's possibly the reason.