Oap Tickets ...

My old man is now in receipt of his auld age pension, and is now excited at getting the chance to get half price entrance to matches.

I usually just buy tickets online via the ticket website. If I buy 1 x adult and 1 x concession, how does this work at the turnstiles?

Does he have to produce his pension book / OAP travel card for a steward to check?

Edited by andysaint

Speak to the oap's. They supported the glorious Buds before your putrid tracksuits were invented and may be able to relay stories of killer Lindsay, Gerry Baker, Cockles Wilson, Gordon McQueen, Tottie Beck and maybe even the amazing Dan McGarry. They were once the lifeblood of our club and you owe the existence of our great club to them and the many great Buds who have since passed. We were all once annoying pricks enjoying freedom from our mothers apron strings on a Saturday except they probably worked a job as well you ungrateful little piles of sperm. The old folk are you (if you don't lose the bug as many of you so called diehards will) so occasionally say hello and don't just tut at your spotty uneducated friends when they take a lot longer to descend a stairwell than you and your uncouth friends can.

Concession tickets flash up amber on the turnstile rather than green, and I guess this is so that the stewards can check whether the person matches the profile of a concession (kid or OAP)

Interesting. Kids season tickets flash green and that was part of the spot check a few years back to capture adults using kids tickets

OAPs should be charged extra.

They are rolling in it.

And we get to go to the Inverness game on a fancy bus for free too.

The only downside is we probably only have another 20 years left at the most.

Still, I will probably still outlive the drug dependent, booze crazy smoking youngsters of today.