Animal Magic?

RickMcD

I was sitting watching Andy's match on TV yesterday at peace with the world when there was a sudden noise behind me. I looked round and there was a grey squirrel half in the window. Leaping up and down trying to catch it was one of my neighbours' gigantic great black and white cat. It's a huge bloody fat thing and it had no chance of getting near the squirrel. But our black tom cat Baggy (short for Bagheera) had been sleeping on the inside window sill soaking up the sun and he jumped up. saw what was going on and he was just about to pounce on the poor squirrel when a bloody great ginger tom appeared on the outside window sill to see if he could join in.. Baggy has crossed swords with him before so they were glaring at one another through the window. Meanwhile my black and white Springer/Lab cross Buddy who likes watching tennis sprang into life. He was going apeshit with all the carry on and started bouncing off the window trying to get at the two cats. My other dog came in from the kitchen to see what the f**k was going on so he was soon up on the back of my armchair giving it laldy. I was hesitating to grab the squirrel because I'm told they can bite like hell. At that point my son pulled up and saw what was going on. And then the squirrel disappeared. I couldn't see where it had gone but Scott told me it somehow managed to run along the front of our house. God knows how he managed to cling on. He then fell down on the other side of the fence into our neighbour's fence and disappeared with all three cats in pursuit. As far as I know the squirrel survived. And Buddy and I saw Andy wrapping up his match.

Edited by RickMcD

Guest TPAFKATS

This the kind of story that's good to read on a Friday morning rather than the doom and gloom in the press. Very enjoyable.

Yeah, but what we all want to know is what colour is the sign outside the window!