Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

I like Langfield. Gets a fair bit of criticism from some quarters but he's a very decent keeper IMO and a local lad to boot.

I like him too as his Uncle lives next door to me.Uncle hadn't heard anything about a move.

He gets his info from the forum. whistling.gif

That was my thoughts too. Langfield is the current Charle Miller or Robbie Winters - every transfer window there's a rumour about him coming and it never happens!

Might be true this time though. Looks like he'll be third choice at Aberdeen after they signed someone from Liverpool so could be looking to move.

That was my thoughts too. Langfield is the current Charle Miller or Robbie Winters - every transfer window there's a rumour about him coming and it never happens!

Might be true this time though. Looks like he'll be third choice at Aberdeen after they signed someone from Liverpool so could be looking to move.

Still a year left on his contract though and been given a testimonial season including a game at the end of July.

Craig Gordon probably made his Hearts debut at 19 never did him any harm. Chris Smith got flung in when we needed it in 2004. We do however need a goalkeepere coach to bring them on.

Yeah true. I have no problem with having a young player given the opportunity to step up. I think with the loss of our goalkeeping coach though, that there is need to bring in someone else who can cover both rolls of cover and coach.

We certainly need an experienced goalie.

Whether that's someone like Mathers who is primarily a coach but registered to play in emergencies, or Langfield who will be primarily a player who coaches.

Either way we can't go into a season with a 24 year old and a 19 year old keeper with no goalkeeping coach.

Why has it never been confirmed that Mathers has left?? Anyone know the story there??

Too big a salary, cost cutting. Got offered new contract on less money or pay off, took second option

Edited by TB1