John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

Has it not already been confirmed that Houston can't sign McGinn as they have used up their quota of Non Domestic signings?

Johns agent is certainly getting a lot of mileage out of this trip

There was a suggestion somewhere that there is a way round the international player quota (might have been something about them having bagged another player to accommodate?).

Has it not already been confirmed that Houston can't sign McGinn as they have used up their quota of Non Domestic signings?

Johns agent is certainly getting a lot of mileage out of this trip

They have used their quota but may it sounds like they are trying to trade some of their quota in so they can take McGinn on instead. According to the article he is out there training with them indefinitely, which makes me think Dundee United would need to make him a good offer and hope we accept what they want to pay us.

I've seen talk of a sell on a few times on here, I could be wrong but I don't think we can get one. He is no longer our player so it's purely compensation rather than a transfer is it not?

You would think if club A is negotiating with club B over a compensation fee then A could say they'll take less than a tribunal would set if B agree to a sell on clause.

But when you're talking about small sums like taking £50k off to come down to £170k then you would think any sell on clause would be a tiny %.

John McGinn should be forever remembered as a cup winning hero at St.Mirren football Club , the young man who had Wanyama in his back pocket, The player who excited us all with a style of play & a confidence rarely seen .

Instead , the last few months have seen him become a Judas figure in some peoples eyes. He is a young man who has been badly advised & it is such a pity to see his time with saints come to such a tawdry end, much the same as Ian Ferguson after his Cup Heroics in 87.

Hopefully time will heal the current wounds & in the future John will be remembered with fondness rather than the vitriol being directed at him by a certain section of fans on here.

Bye , John. Have a good future but don`t forget the club that helped make you the player you will undoubtedly become.

We should be holding out (in terms of development fee) for a bit of a bidding war if Utd are still interested.

That said, could he simply sign for a club and we would have to pursue it after the fact (tribunals, etc.)?

We should be holding out (in terms of development fee) for a bit of a bidding war if Utd are still interested.

That said, could he simply sign for a club and we would have to pursue it after the fact (tribunals, etc.)?

I believe so.

Robbie Neilson is in the papers today, saying that they accepted reasonable recompense from the Blue Bigots for Jason Holt, rather than letting it drag on, by being settled by tribunal.

I suppose if the club need the money quick, for whatever reason, then they might settle for less than they might get through a tribunal.

Surely they can afford it !

McGinns agent has played this very well. Throwing in his visit to Houston Dynamos last week, i think this has weakened our bargaining hand when dealing with both Dundee Utd and Hibs.

I reckon the fee of around 100k is most likely at this stage. Hibs seem front runners at the moment.