John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

[quote name="TopCat" post="1295041" timestamp="1438333872

Anyway, wish him all the best. As with the other ten players who started the cup final, he will remain a Saints legend.

As with Iain Ferguson he has tainted his legendary status with his suing of the club and the way he left.

He ain't a legend in my eyes.

Deals with options works for players who are never going to have a transfer value and are unlikely to play at a higher level than us. Guys like Grainger and Van Zanten have signed them in recent seasons.

It makes no sense for a promising young player who maybe worth something one day to sign a deal which gives the club so much control over his future. I think you're suggesting we give 3 year deals to young players with a 2 year option for the club... But not the player? What's the incentive there for him to sign that? If you're a good young player at St Mirren you don't want to be tied into a contract till your mid 20's... You want a platform to get yourself a move to a bigger club around the age of 21-22.

So according to you an agent should be getting his young players 5 and 6 year deals cause they're the longest available? Don't give up the day job, you're never going to make it as a football agent!

Last try....

Footballers want the longest, best paid contract possible because...... It means they Are getting paid a good wage, which may increase each season subject to appearances/goals etc...

Agents want to get footballers the longest, best paid contract... It means they get paid for the duration, and they can pick up(like the player) a hefty wedge if said player is transferred.

It happens at Dundee Utd, Hamilton to name two.... But if it doesn't, and its been really bad for their young players please highlight a few examples.

It takes years to develop and produce players that can be sold on. The fact we are receiving 6 figure sums for players who were here for the majority of the time pre Ralston means I'm looking forward in ten years time to see the ones that are just starting at Ralston.

Facilities will make a difference to a degree but it's the coaching that's the key

The longer the club are in the championship the harder it will be to attract the better young players to the club and possibly even coaches

The club have taken a lot of kids who have been released by the old firm over the years and these kids may look at clubs like killie and Hamilton if they are in the SPL rather than teams in the championship

In your dreams.

My comment, with respect to booing, was tongue in cheek.

As another poster has said, "John Who?". I won't be booing him, but then again I won't be clapping him.

I knew your comment was tongue in cheek mate. But some folk on here would take it seriously, so I was trying to head them off at the pass, so to speak.

our youth system is rubbish absolutely no players are making it into the first team.

What a load of pish

We've had Naismith McLean Steven and John mcginn

Now we've got players breaking through that show just as much promise if not more in Mallan Baird mclear Morgan.

Nosferatu and his numerous aliases clearly has an agenda against our youth system.

I have said it before and I will say it again development squad players should be attending college/university during the day and training at night. Boys like McGinn, McLean etc careers could be over in one challenge so look for the most money they can make in their playing years but know nothing else for after.

So Mcginn goes to a championship club a slap in the face to St Mirren but I hope we received a bit of money for him although will be interested to hear if the claim against the club has been dropped?

Anyway he won't be the last to come through the ranks to leave at least he did not leave in January. Has a lot to live up to now and to be honest I think he won't be to badly missed as last year was not to great for him.

McGinn tweet.........

John McGinn (@jmcginn7) tweeted at 3:45 PM on Fri, Jul 31, 2015:

I'd like to thank everyone at St Mirren for a great 13 years. I wish the club all the best in the future and I will never forget that day

(https://twitter.com/jmcginn7/status/627127916007133184)

Aye aye, but actions speak louder than er..... tweets.

I have said it before and I will say it again development squad players should be attending college/university during the day and training at night. Boys like McGinn, McLean etc careers could be over in one challenge so look for the most money they can make in their playing years but know nothing else for after.

So Mcginn goes to a championship club a slap in the face to St Mirren but I hope we received a bit of money for him although will be interested to hear if the claim against the club has been dropped?

Anyway he won't be the last to come through the ranks to leave at least he did not leave in January. Has a lot to live up to now and to be honest I think he won't be to badly missed as last year was not to great for him.

A slap in the face for ST Mirren and a spear in the thigh for MCGinn, so all in all ends about right then. This has been a particularly frustrating exit fwiw, yet again ST Mirren in player loss and crap remuneration received story.

I would hazard a guess he was being sarcastic, as you may well be.

Lord Look at Me has certain idiosyncrasies of some other lunatic aliases, hence this could be the reason behind the "guess", unless it's a family thing, can you shine any light?

Will this do....post-4944-0-16085100-1438434630_thumb.jp

I genuinely wish John McGinn all the very best for his future career. I have no ill feelings towards him and am disappointed to read that one of the most talented young footballers to play for us in the last few years has had such a fall from grace in the supporters eyes.

I am very confident that McGinn was the lowest paid player by some distance to play in the semi final and final of league cup 2013. He was a standout in both games and for many games over a 2 year period. John lost his way last season as did everyone at the club from top to bottom bar maybe Mclean for a 6 week period before his big move. He would have been on a much lower wage than many in his time at the club ie Mair and Wylde who did nothing to help our cause and raked in very handsome wages.

Mcginn was always going to move on but the suing of the club was a strange one as I don't imagine he would really ever get that much money and was always going to leave a bad taste in the mouth for many people. It was done by agent to force a move away from St Mirren.

John is a good guy having met him a few times over the years and will always be held in high regard by me for what he gave us in the semi final and final. I think Aberdeen should have taken a wee punt on him for £100k because he is a very talented player and I think will do ok longterm.

Good luck John but think if you remain at Hibs for the next few years you will be playing championship football. I think we will be back in topflight football before hibs.:-)

Edited by Mr Zo

I genuinely wish John McGinn all the very best for his future career. I have no ill feelings towards him and am disappointed to read that one of the most talented young footballers to play for us in the last few years has had such a fall from grace in the supporters eyes.

I am very confident that McGinn was the lowest paid player by some distance to play in the semi final and final of league cup 2013. He was a standout in both games and for many games over a 2 year period. John lost his way last season as did everyone at the club from top to bottom bar maybe Mclean for a 6 week period before his big move. He would have been on a much lower wage than many in that time ie Mair and Wylde who did nothing to help our cause and raked in very handsome wages.

Mcginn was always going to move on but the suing of the club was a strange one as I don't imagine he would really ever get that much money and for a number of people on here and on ithee social media outlets have been very down on him.

John is a good guy having met him a few times over the years and will always be held in high regard by me for what he gave us in the semi final and final. I think Aberdeen should have taken a wee punt on him for £100k because he is a very talented player and I think will do ok longterm.

Good luck John but think if you remain at Hibs for the next few years you will be playing championship football. I think we will be back in topflight football before hibs.:-)

Fitzy tweeted a nice message to John wishing him all the best at Hibs and mentioning his 13 years at our club.

I refer you to Faraway's post.

Also, it's a good idea, if you're trying to be smart, to use a capital "I" when referring to yourself.

You can try and refer me, but he's been on ignore a LONG time now. Don't feel the need to replicate it for me, if that is the kind of person who is a preferred source of referrence then I am wasting my time with you. Enjoy life in the gutter with the paper hard man, it says so much more about you than I ever could. (enough caps in there for you?)

Thanks for the typing lesson though. I clearly annoyed you enough that you felt the need to try and look smart

I left out a full stop so you can have something to do with your Sunday

Edited by beyond our ken

You can try and refer me, but he's been on ignore a LONG time now. Don't feel the need to replicate it for me, if that is the kind of person who is a preferred source of referrence then I am wasting my time with you. Enjoy life in the gutter with the paper hard man, it says so much more about you than I ever could. (enough caps in there for you?)

Thanks for the typing lesson though. I clearly annoyed you enough that you felt the need to try and look smart

I left out a full stop so you can have something to do with your Sunday

Yip, it all comes down to "hardman" patter. lol.gif

Nothing new there. bye1.gif

Best thing I did was putting that clown "faraway" on ignore...was totally ruining forum...get the feeling he no quite the full shilling because a normal male doesn't go on like he does...when I mailed mods about him they agreed he is ruining forum and would look at It when they came back from holidays...thing is he is such a thicko he will give some smart reply to this and he's blocked...

Edited by Ra's Al Gul