John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

Quite a lot of soft touches on here.

He sued the club over an accident and now has gone on to sign for our biggest rivals in the league. He deserves to be hounded out of Paisley on his return. I hope he spends all four years of his Hibs contract rotting away in the Championship.

He sued the club over an accident

I was speaking to someone very closely connected to Dundee FC on Friday night; he said he'd been asking the other two McGinns about the incident (before Stephen left the club, obviously).

Apparently, this wasn't the first time Thommo has thrown corner flags/makeshift javelins at other players in training. It was described as 'his party piece' - he usually aims for the youth team players, apparently.

If true, that makes the club more liable for the incident than we might have expected, as the club has failed to act to eradicate potentially dangerous behaviour.

Just what I heard, but the guy had no reason to lie.

Just to be clear, John McGinn has not sued the club. His representatives have raised a claim against the employee liability insurance on his behalf.

He may well pursue the matter in court if the insurance claim doesn't go his way but as things stand he is doing no more than you or i would do if claimed against another party for a motor incident

Edited by beyond our ken

Just to be clear, John McGinn has not sued the club. His representatives have raised a claim against the employee liability insurance on his behalf.

He may well pursue the matter in court if the insurance claim doesn't go his way but as things stand he is doing npo more than you or i would do if claimed against another party for a motor incident

Bullshit!!!

John McGinn dropped the claim so the club would drop the price of his development fee so he could join Hibs as Hibs weren't willing to pay the full price, he's a wee scrote.

I was speaking to someone very closely connected to Dundee FC on Friday night; he said he'd been asking the other two McGinns about the incident (before Stephen left the club, obviously).

Apparently, this wasn't the first time Thommo has thrown corner flags/makeshift javelins at other players in training. It was described as 'his party piece' - he usually aims for the youth team players, apparently.

If true, that makes the club more liable for the incident than we might have expected, as the club has failed to act to eradicate potentially dangerous behaviour.

original reports suggested it was thrown in frustration / temper tantrum rather than as a prank - has that ever been cleared up?

He may well pursue the matter in court if the insurance claim doesn't go his way but as things stand he is doing npo more than you or i would do if claimed against another party for a motor incident , edit - or indeed a similar incident that resulted in hospital treatment.

Indeed

Maybe that's the reason for him tweeting that there's two sides to every story.

If this is the case it stinks.

Can you imagine the meltdown if this was Goodwin?

Bullshit!!!

John McGinn dropped the claim so the club would drop the price of his development fee so he could join Hibs as Hibs weren't willing to pay the full price, he's a wee scrote.

so the club dropped the level of fee to avoid someone else getting a bill for injuty compensation that would have run only into the hundreds or low thousands of pounds?

It would be interesting if it didn't smell of - Bullshit whistling.gif

John has just apologised to Saints fans in an interview on STV, for being part of such a poor team performance last season.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/1326090-hibs-john-mcginn-sorry-for-st-mirren-fans-after-car-crash-season/

Reflecting on the end of his time with Saints, McGinn told STV: "From a personal point of view last season wasn’t my best. From the club’s point of view it was a bit of a car crash of a season.

"Nobody really enjoyed it and it was just a case of when rather than if [the club would be relegated]. It just started to get everyone down. I can only apologise to the supporters for being part of it.

"St Mirren is also a club that deserves to be in the top flight and I wish them all the best this season."

Edited by FTOF

Please don't hate me... I'll say nice things!

He HAD to move to progress his career? Really? We had a new management team in place who are very refreshing in their approach and determination to improve things. Hibs may well work out for John. They are indeed a bigger club. But they are in the same division... the one he didn't fancy playing in yet may well spend the next few years in!

I wish him no malice. I really liked John as a player. I thought much of the criticism he faced was over the top for a young player in a struggling team. However... the manner of his departure leaves a bitter taste and I am not convinced by his platitudes, sincere or otherwise.

Kenny McLean on the other hand... I will continue to follow his career with much interest and support him in his progress to the very top of the game!

I must confess I don’t get the vitriol towards John McGinn. When he first came into the first team it seemed to me he was one of the best prospects we had for many years. He went on to prove that with his play. The fact that last season, in common with near enough every team mate, the performances dipped badly should not detract from that.

Hibernian are a far bigger club than St. Mirren, will be paying him more money and will in all likelihood be in the top flight before us. What exactly has he done any differently from anyone else in his position? He owes St Mirren nothing in my view.

I for one will be very pleased to see him do well at Hibernian and in his subsequent career.

Hibernian are a far bigger club than St. Mirren, will be paying him more money and will in all likelihood be in the top flight before us.

Hibernian are not a far bigger club than St Mirren, he will be getting a bit more money but nothing spectacular and there is every chance we will be in top flight before them.

Jim Goodwin happily knocked back a move there to stay at St Mirren when they were in the top league remember.

What has John McGinn done differently from others?

1. Petty sniping at the club on twitter, a public forum, seemingly because his less talented younger brother wasn't given a first team place.

2. Openly supporting Celtic, again on twitter, while employed as a St Mirren player

3. Is developed by our club and through our youth system for 13 years then leaves to play for our biggest rivals in the league this season.

4. Threatens legal action against the club to drive down the development fee St Mirren are due.

5. Issues an apology for helping relegate us.

None of this is crime of the century stuff but I'll certainly be amused if we witness yet another Hibs implosion this season, and having watched them ship 6 goals the other week we may well be treated to one!