John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

but the time we offered the deal the cards were in his favor no player would sign .we let contract run down

hoping to get dev fee ,his agent f**ked that right up .why bidnt we foresee this possibility

look at other clubs do you see this ,,no mcginn ,mclean come on our prize assets gone for what

buttons

why are we blaming john for this its the club at fault

we never plan anything contracts on case in point

we either have to pay off them and then release players so the sign for someone else and get another wage

or we get he-haw for them if they are worth anything poorly run

heads should roll for this

We offered him a contract at the start of the season and he rejected it. It's not the clubs fault.

Not sure how we can blame the club for this. At the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to sign a contract, he won't. We offered him a new 2 year deal. He turned it down.

Need to understand that for some people, it's always the clubs fault.

Kenny McLean signed a contract last summer, and when he left in January some were blaming the board for not letting him go for nothing in the summer! Now the opposite is happening it's the club's fault too.

The reality is there's nothing we can do here, other than offer him a contract, which we have. John wants to leave he can leave, he's not committing a crime or anything, his contract is up. He doesn't owe us any loyalty and anyone who believes he does is pretty naive.

The rule's are a bit daft regarding compensation really, I personally don't believe there should be any restriction of movement for out of contract players. But them's the rules, and John is operating within them.

He certainly isn't the first and he definitely won't be the last to do so. As with every player that's left before him, we will replace him and move on. No need to cry over spilled milk.

bid deal but what did we offer him championship football ,come no way was he going to stay

might have stayed if danny had been in charge ,but manager merry go round ,club up for sale .

loosing kenny ,then getting speared ,

you must be mad to think he would have stayed .all the mcginns left us at some point

I think the reason some folk 'blamed the club' and would rather have seen Kenny McLean leave for nothing is that at the time he left, it was like running up the white flag and flushing our only chance of survival down the U-Bend. I don't think it is going too far to say that last season, one player was almost single-handedly looking like the only one who cared / had fire in his belly / was scoring goals.... and that player was Kenny McLean.

The problem for the club however is the fine balancing act of telling McLean he was staying, and that action seeing McLean become resentful and 'down tools' - maybe not deliberately in a cynical act saying 'fcuk you Gilmour', but still, would he have been the same player had we insisted he stay? Would he have kept fighting for the cause - when some of the shitebags around him in the multi-striped Halloween costumes clearly couldn't give much of a fcuk for the crest on their crimes-against-design shirts?

Tough one for the club. Sometimes they'll get the contracts right, sometimes they'll get it wrong. Sometimes they simply can't win.

In McGinn's case, I have been watching St Mirren for a fairly long time - have seen great players, good players, and some right diddies. I think McGinn is a good enough player, but not nearly as good as he (and/or his advisors) think he is.

He will be replaced, of that there is no doubt, certainly on last season's pre-harpooning showings, he'll be replaced without a lot of drama.

Edited by pozbaird

I for one will be glad when the entire John McGinn affair is dead and buried, as I stated before he may be legally correct in claiming compensation but morally wrong. Its also highly unlikely, purely down to his actions and the advice given, that he will be playing football in any part of the UK. Who in their right mind would wish to have John McGinn in the squad, as any incident that took place whilst training with teammates might or most probably likely, lead to him to suing the club or one of his teammates, this combined with the fact that Steven Thomson is one of the most likeable footballers. He was rewarded with a new contract due to his ability and the fact that he is a team player, all of which will be to the clubs benefit.

Finally I do not see (correct me if I'm wrong)how St.Mirren F.C. are in anyway to blame for, what is, a very sad incident however as always St.Mirren will progress. We have a new season to look forward to under a bright new manager.

John really has ruined it. I think he should go to the states and let us be rid of his stinking attitude. Yes he was great two years ago but not now. He played all last year and only twice v celtic did he show up. He also doesn't score goals is it 0 in 47? He will no doubt return to Scotland in six months on loan to St.Johnstone but really he hasn't progressed and this action against a club that nurtured him since he was 8? Leaves a rotten taste. I hope he goes soon so we can get on with talking about players who want to play for us eg thommo over 40 goals for saints. Now we're talking about players who deserve our support. Come on the saints let's get right in about it this year and lets forget this crap.

The guy gets speared in the leg by a fellow player, who the club back and offer a new contract to, whilst obviously not compensating him for the career threatening injury... What else should he do other than seek recompense and move on?..

No one in The UK wanted to take a chance on a leg-speared player so he gets a gig in a minor MLS outfit. If you want someone to blame perhaps the guy that stabbed his leg played a part in all this?

I take it McGinn will have no problems getting a work permit or whatever over there? I mean he's not an internationalist, and he's not going to boost the profile of the league. I take it their rules are a lot easier going than ours, as I guess if he was an American trying to come the other way he would struggle?

The guy gets speared in the leg by a fellow player, who the club back and offer a new contract to, whilst obviously not compensating him for the career threatening injury... What else should he do other than seek recompense and move on?..

No one in The UK wanted to take a chance on a leg-speared player so he gets a gig in a minor MLS outfit. If you want someone to blame perhaps the guy that stabbed his leg played a part in all this?

1/10

We need to remember what caused this wholly unsavoury episode before we start crucifying McGinn. His relation ship with the club was ended when another member of staff maimed him. We can accept this was an accident but it does seem to me and hance probably to McGinn and his advisors that the perpetrator has got off very lightly in this whole sorry affair and has even been "rewarded" with a new contract. As many have said in other threads had it been anyone but Thommo this may well have played out very differently.

Crap. More of a case of a petted lip. He was as much a prankster as Thommo............ post-4944-0-36240400-1436739730_thumb.jp

Houston is also one of the most dangerous cities in America. It has violent crime rates almost 3 times the US average and fatal shootings are 2.5 times higher. Now given that on average you are 36 times more likely to be shot dead in the US you are about 90 times more likely to be shot dead in Houston than in the UK. Better standard of living I don't think. That and they are, sadly, racists and bigots to a man (and woman) - and the Klan is recruiting in numbers again! They don't do liberal in Texas.

He's just back from injury with no pre-season training. Possibly joining a team well into their season, for free, with links to Dundee!! Maybe I'm adding 2+2 and getting 5 but , Houston sign him for free, pay his wages until January (probably less than what we'd get as compensation) he has a few months training possibly a game or two, then it's back to Dundee next transfer window

When they're propping up the division. whistling.gif

F*ck sake Lordy, didn't realise you had sense of humour. lol.gif

Houston is also one of the most dangerous cities in America. It has violent crime rates almost 3 times the US average and fatal shootings are 2.5 times higher. Now given that on average you are 36 times more likely to be shot dead in the US you are about 90 times more likely to be shot dead in Houston than in the UK. Better standard of living I don't think. That and they are, sadly, racists and bigots to a man (and woman) - and the Klan is recruiting in numbers again! They don't do liberal in Texas.

Sounds like the ideal holiday destination for a The Rangers fan!

John really has ruined it. I think he should go to the states and let us be rid of his stinking attitude. Yes he was great two years ago but not now. He played all last year and only twice v celtic did he show up. He also doesn't score goals is it 0 in 47? He will no doubt return to Scotland in six months on loan to St.Johnstone but really he hasn't progressed and this action against a club that nurtured him since he was 8? Leaves a rotten taste. I hope he goes soon so we can get on with talking about players who want to play for us eg thommo over 40 goals for saints. Now we're talking about players who deserve our support. Come on the saints let's get right in about it this year and lets forget this crap.

What he said!

It was somebody from Houston that speared him in Paisley!!!!

Right.....here's a plan.......McGinn goes to the.USA...He'll be made for life.....Good luck to him.......BUT.......Whatever money he makes from "the claim he donates to the Club.

Over to you John........

Houston Dynamo averaged home gates of over 20,000 last season. This would be a big step up for McGinn if he does get a deal over there.

No doubt Soccerball is on the up over there.

I don't think it's that much of a step up though

Houston main central midfield player couldn't get a game for us or Ross County when we were last in the first division

No grudges against him if he goes over there and gives it a go but if he's back over here within a year we know it's just a scam by him and his agent