John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

Houston is also one of the most dangerous cities in America. It has violent crime rates almost 3 times the US average and fatal shootings are 2.5 times higher. Now given that on average you are 36 times more likely to be shot dead in the US you are about 90 times more likely to be shot dead in Houston than in the UK. Better standard of living I don't think. That and they are, sadly, racists and bigots to a man (and woman) - and the Klan is recruiting in numbers again! They don't do liberal in Texas.

Where there any stats on how likely it would be to be hit by a spear?

Houston is also one of the most dangerous cities in America. It has violent crime rates almost 3 times the US average and fatal shootings are 2.5 times higher. Now given that on average you are 36 times more likely to be shot dead in the US you are about 90 times more likely to be shot dead in Houston than in the UK. Better standard of living I don't think. That and they are, sadly, racists and bigots to a man (and woman) - and the Klan is recruiting in numbers again! They don't do liberal in Texas.

It is also the most dangerous villages in Renfrewshire.

The terrorists who attacked Glasgow airport resided in that village and I once witnessed a horseless carriage without a tax disc!

I really liked John McGinn as a St. Mirren player.

Although he didn't have a great season last season (not many players did), he always gave his all and never hid (unlike some others). In the seasons prior to that, he was one of our most exciting young players along with Kenny McLean.

It's a shame it's all ended like this, but good luck to him anyway.

There is absolutely no loyalty in football. This isn't a new discovery, money talks.

I'm disappointed McGinn didn't sign a new contract but after the way things have panned out this summer I now don't even want him at the club. How could he stay now after all the negativity he's brought to the club?

The most unfortunate senario is that John would leave for nothing, sadly that can happen with the MLS loophole.

We must move on, this season is the start of a new era for our club- f**k John McGinn!

Having been to Dallas three times, Fort Worth twice, and Austin once, boy, I'm glad I haven't been to Houston. Racists and bigots every last one of them? Thanks for the heads-up. I'll make San Antonio my next Texan port of call instead.

The guy gets speared in the leg by a fellow player, who the club back and offer a new contract to, whilst obviously not compensating him for the career threatening injury... What else should he do other than seek recompense and move on?..

No one in The UK wanted to take a chance on a leg-speared player so he gets a gig in a minor MLS outfit. If you want someone to blame perhaps the guy that stabbed his leg played a part in all this?

The last sentence of your post is probably actionable.I know you'll come back greeting like a wean but all I'll say is that Steven Thompson stabbed nobody.

I take it McGinn will have no problems getting a work permit or whatever over there? I mean he's not an internationalist, and he's not going to boost the profile of the league. I take it their rules are a lot easier going than ours, as I guess if he was an American trying to come the other way he would struggle?

Owen Coyle got a manager's job there

how hard can it be?

Good luck to the young lad. He has a career to continue and will likely soon have a family to support so best of luck to him in his endevaours, best of luck in his endevours indeed.

Whilst it would be most unfortunate if our fabulous club was not to get any compensation (thats typical of our luck though) young John has to make the decisions that are best for him. If the situation dramatically changes and he was to stay then I would be most pleased, most pleased indeed, again though should he leave then he has my best wishes, another cup winning hero moving on to a new chapter.

He will always have a cup winning medal and a scar to remember us fondly by.

Edited to add: I did try and type "endeavours" but I appear to have made a flareybob of it!

Edited by TediousTom

Good luck to the young lad. He has a career to continue and will likely soon have a family to support so best of luck to him in his endevaours, best of luck in his endevours indeed.

Whilst it would be most unfortunate if our fabulous club was not to get any compensation (thats typical of our luck though) young John has to make the decisions that are best for him. If the situation dramatically changes and he was to stay then I would be most pleased, most pleased indeed, again though should he leave then he has my best wishes, another cup winning hero moving on to a new chapter.

He will always have a cup winning medal and a scar to remember us fondly by.

Edited to add: I did try and type "endeavours" but I appear to have made a flareybob of it!

I doubt he has ever made a decision all by himself.

Didn't Dundee United have to pay some argentine team for signing Casilinuovo? Wouldn't this be the same type of case?

I believe Casilunovo still had a contract with the Argentine team. Yet told United he didn't. So not same type of case.