John Mcginn - Out Of Contract, Away, Farewell, Jacks Grandson Thread.

Slight repetition of others above (and in other now locked threads) but as much as it may hurt some and annoy others to various degrees John is entirely entitled to do as he wants. It is his career, it is often a short and fickle career with little/no job security.

He has been a fine player for us and whilst he hasn't necessarily kicked on to where a lot of us thought his talent would take him very few around him got pass marks either last year.

It clearly would be better for us if compensation were forthcoming, but some of the above comments are particularly childish and distasteful.

It is disappointing and a slight set back for the youth development plan that his relationship with the club has soured, but in the end the lack of financial remuneration will be the only loss.

Sadly this is the risk you take with even the success stories from the youth development plan. It does however put the 'gentleman's agreement' from our much maligned BoD into perspective.

A disappointing way for things to go as undoubtedly he has talent. Best wishes with future endeavours and time for us to move on again and concentrate on our players who want to play for our club.

We need to remember what caused this wholly unsavoury episode before we start crucifying McGinn. His relation ship with the club was ended when another member of staff maimed him. We can accept this was an accident but it does seem to me and hance probably to McGinn and his advisors that the perpetrator has got off very lightly in this whole sorry affair and has even been "rewarded" with a new contract. As many have said in other threads had it been anyone but Thommo this may well have played out very differently.

We need to remember what caused this wholly unsavoury episode before we start crucifying McGinn. His relation ship with the club was ended when another member of staff maimed him. We can accept this was an accident but it does seem to me and hance probably to McGinn and his advisors that the perpetrator has got off very lightly in this whole sorry affair and has even been "rewarded" with a new contract. As many have said in other threads had it been anyone but Thommo this may well have played out very differently.

Do you want Thommo jailed?

I don't agree, his relationship ended when he chose not to sign a new contract with us and packed his bags on and off the pitch. the training incident was unfotunate as john couldn't be in the shop window for the last few games.

he's gone under a cloud I won't miss his last seasons perfomances but I will miss the young player who outplayed most of scotlands top players on the way to winning the cup.

John hasn't had a great relationship with the club for a while. I am sure the Thommo incident didn't help but he was going to leave this summer anyway.

Suing the club who have developed him since he was a kid.

Off to America and no doubt back in the UK within a year, all to avoid the development fee.

Often seen running the club down with snide digs on twitter.

He won't be leaving with my best wishes. Hope we see him again in a Dundee jersey so we can let him know what we think of him.

Suing the club who have developed him since he was a kid.

Off to America and no doubt back in the UK within a year, all to avoid the development fee.

Often seen running the club down with snide digs on twitter.

He won't be leaving with my best wishes. Hope we see him again in a Dundee jersey so we can let him know what we think of him.

Yeah, you may have seen it but a Dundee fan of P&B mentioned that their directors (who are American) have very close ties with Houston Dynamo. Dundee have been linked strongly with McGinn for a long time now as well. Probably just coincidence but it wouldn't shock me.

I'm just glad this whole saga is coming to an end. I don't wish John good or bad luck...he's not a St Mirren player now so i no longer care. He has chosen to go to the USA meaning we don't get a development fee and that is very unfortunate, i would like to think this hasn't been done out of spite on John's part....clubs were hardly battering the door down to sign him so this might have been his best offer on the table. Time to focus on those who are with St Mirren.

We shouldn't forget it was an accident and not deliberate. Should we have told Thommo to "get tae?"? I have no doubt that Thommo has apologised profusely to John. We should also remember that John is out of contract and even if this accident had not happened he is well within his rights to go wherever the best deal is for him. There is no loyalty in the game and, as rightfully pointed out, it is a short career and he should do what is best for him.

He certainly won't be leaving with my best wishes.We have developed him from the age of nine.No-one can tell me going to USA is a good career move at his age.He did not have a good last season in a poor side and has yet much to learn.He has treated our club and our fans disgracefully in my opinion.If I was a Premiership manager I would think long and hard about signing this guy who is now making all the wrong decisions ignoring pre-season etc.Will not be sorry to see the back of him quite frankly.A player who has a totally inflated notion of his ability and importance.

Yeah, you may have seen it but a Dundee fan of P&B mentioned that their directors (who are American) have very close ties with Houston Dynamo. Dundee have been linked strongly with McGinn for a long time now as well. Probably just coincidence but it wouldn't shock me.

He's just back from injury with no pre-season training. Possibly joining a team well into their season, for free, with links to Dundee!! Maybe I'm adding 2+2 and getting 5 but , Houston sign him for free, pay his wages until January (probably less than what we'd get as compensation) he has a few months training possibly a game or two, then it's back to Dundee next transfer window

why are we blaming john for this its the club at fault

we never plan anything contracts on case in point

we either have to pay off them and then release players so the sign for someone else and get another wage

or we get he-haw for them if they are worth anything poorly run

heads should roll for this

Do I wish him well? No I don't.

Keep in mind (and call me bitter if you think appropriate) we the fans pay a lot of money each year, part of that money goes to youth development, for example McGinn's. He's worked his move, suing the club which could potentially mean less money for our squad (I'm not sure the insurance thing will cover being impaled by a flagpole) So, why would I wish him well? It wasn't long ago he was compared with Scott Brown and a move to Celtic. I believe he's been badly advised and has shown the club (and support) a total lack of respect.

why are we blaming john for this its the club at fault

we never plan anything contracts on case in point

we either have to pay off them and then release players so the sign for someone else and get another wage

or we get he-haw for them if they are worth anything poorly run

heads should roll for this

It's the club's fault? What a load of shite, McGinn is a snake.