Integrity... Spine... Lying Down To The Sellik

pozbaird

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33422964

I feel bad that my club bent over and 'took it up the arse' for Celtic by allowing them to temporarily erect a plywood sign over our shop.... Our complete lack of morals, backbone, scruples and integrity has clearly assisted them in raising extra cash, and being able to once more completely rape the fcuking arse out of their feeder club in Dundee.

Integrity, backbone, rolling over for the Sellik, eh? A bit of plywood and a crest? How about selling them your best three players when you are supposed to be 'challengers' and a 'big club' along with Aberdeen. Arabs' arses must be red-raw from the complete raping they are taking.

Shame on you Stewart Gilmour and St Mirren FC. It's clearly all your fault.

Edited by pozbaird

If we had any players Celtic were prepared to pay for Gilmour would drive them to Parkhead himself.

Undoubtably. Scottish football is a busted flush. Celtic don't need Henrik Larsson types, they simply assemble a team from any Scottish players they want, and no-one can do a damn thing about it.

Just hand them the next ten, twenty, thirty.... titles.

I wasn't happy with the Celtic signage going up at our ground, but it wasn't a major problem in the grand scheme of things. My real complaint is that, as usual, the club didn't think about heading this off before it became an issue. A sensibly worded article on the website, showing that this was only a temporary inconvenience for a worthwhile return would have killed the outrage - it would have been a non-story. Does no-one understand PR at Saints?

I wasn't happy with the Celtic signage going up at our ground, but it wasn't a major problem in the grand scheme of things. My real complaint is that, as usual, the club didn't think about heading this off before it became an issue. A sensibly worded article on the website, showing that this was only a temporary inconvenience for a worthwhile return would have killed the outrage - it would have been a non-story. Does no-one understand PR at Saints?

No, they don't. They only react afterwards.

Which is fair enough, but you termed those who would have liked a wee heads-up from the club about an unliked club's signage going up at our place as knickerwetters and drama queens.

You may not be drama queens or knickerwetters but you certainly are attention seeking needy people who clearly feel the need to be cuddled before unpleasant announcements are made.

Which is fair enough, but you termed those who would have liked a wee heads-up from the club about an unliked club's signage going up at our place as knickerwetters and drama queens.

Aw diddums

You may not be drama queens or knickerwetters but you certainly are attention seeking needy people who clearly feel the need to be cuddled before unpleasant announcements are made.

Puzzling post. The sign hasn't bothered me, I understand it was a late add-on to the deal, but I have clearly posted that for these three games, it is Celtic playing at a hired 'home' stadium, so a bit of Celtic branding does not bother me in the slightest.

Would you agree that it wouldn't have been asking too much of our club's custodians for a brief statement about what was happening ahead of the sign going up? It was bound to be divisive, it was guaranteed to see St Mirren fans getting grief from workmates etc....

It's not as if the BoD don't have previous in regard to completely woeful PR - or should I say, lack of it.

Not sure if you and Shull are at the wind-up or not. Who is asking for cuddles from the BoD? Who needs mollycoddled? Bet your bottom dollar if they want us to pony up with £10 per month to back the 'GLS / SMiSA' bid - we'll hear plenty from them then.

So looking for some communication from a service provider to its customers is attention seeking? You have a strange understanding of how marketing is supposed to work. Also, there was no 'before unpleasant announcements' in this case. They just did what they always do - relied on the unconditional support of the fans.

So looking for some communication from a service provider to its customers is attention seeking? You have a strange understanding of how marketing is supposed to work. Also, there was no 'before unpleasant announcements' in this case. They just did what they always do - relied on the unconditional support of the fans.

As Poz likes to repeat himself I might as well join in..................do you really think any statement by the board would have stopped the absolute meltdown that happened?

If you're in any doubt read through the whole thread, eye wateringly embarrassing.

The "smokescreen" about a statement, which seems to be desired for every fcuking thing under the sun, is only an attempt to cover up a stunningly laughable over reaction to a total non story.

Just my opinion you understand.

As Poz likes to repeat himself I might as well join in..................do you really think any statement by the board would have stopped the absolute meltdown that happened?

If you're in any doubt read through the whole thread, eye wateringly embarrassing.

The "smokescreen" about a statement, which seems to be desired for every fcuking thing under the sun, is only an attempt to cover up a stunningly laughable over reaction to a total non story.

Your opinion is pish unless it is backed with a full statement from the Board.

Till then LOG OFF .bye1.gif

There would always be some who would spit out the dummy, that's inevitable. But, I'm looking at it from a business perspective. Any firm worth its salt, if they have news which they know will piss off their customers, will do it in a way that will minimise the damage. They won't just let the shit hit the fan and pick up the pieces afterwards. The business world is littered with failed companies who believed that blind brand loyalty allowed them to get away with anything. Effective communication with your customer base is vital when you are competing with bother bigger brands, as we are.

ETA. Such statements should be coming from the people who manage the club on a daily basis, not necessarily the BoD. We don't seem very good at it. For example, what happened to the regular updates we were supposed to get? They just seem to have stopped for no reason.

Edited by saint in exile

I am not a customer.

I was not pissed off.

It was a non story.

No need for any statement.

BRING ON THE BERWICK.

Might need a statement from Manager if we lose.

COYS

Lol

Funny thing is with all these 'in denial' types shouting loudly that something that was a non event, didn't bother them, and anyone who dare mention it bothered them is a knickerwetter.... Well good job it didn't 'Bother' the 'in denial' types then, heaven knows how loud, vociferous and abusive they might become if something did bother them.

Worth mentioning what chance a re-branding exercise would happen by either of the ugly sisters if they hosted their rival, even though it would no doubt be a financial no brainer? We have a very small club mentality, we could have put up a marquee for bar, music, food, merchandise etc and made loads more than pulling down our sign for theirs!