Bute Feast 17Th - 18Th - 19Th July

1,200 weekend tickets have been sold , been told 1,500 would be ideal though the site can take 2,000.

Only weekend tickets available however have heard day tickets will be available during the festival which should boost figures.

Would be great to see this become an annual event anything that brings in tourists to the island is a good thing.

Quite enjoyed that Youth and Young vid/track...

ETA

And I'm now enjoying ALL of their EP.

http://ravechild.co.uk/2013/03/07/record-review-the-youth-and-young-the-youth-and-the-young/

Great lyrics, catchy musical phrases, freshness.

Live Without a Lot reminds (surprisingly) on occasion of Big Country...

Edited by bluto

Last day of Bute Fest , been blown away by this festival have not seen one bad band. Great food on offer. Lots of real ales , amazing cider , a wine bar. The atmosphere is elictirc very very friendly you can see the bands are really enjoying playing as the crowd is in dancing mode. lots of stuff going on for kids. A big fire each night to get a heat if you want it.

The organisers have done a brilliant job I would give this 10 out of 10. Looking forward to tonight.

Lots of great pictures in that wee sequence.

It's a thread on the news that seems wonderful every week. Nooks, neuks, crannies and crevices and folk doing some very interesting things in all manner of glorious weathers throughout Sconnie Botland.

I love it! :)

Edited by bluto

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's a new line up from the one on that video IoBS........the singer in this video, Robert Robertson, has started a new band called "Tide Lines" and left with a couple of the others. The new singer for Skippinish is Norrie McIver previously of Manran. The nett effect is two good bands really.

Edited by WeeBud

This the third Bute Feast and great to see crowd number up again this year. The quality of music over three stages and a small stage at the campfire is awesome. An American guy called Van Tastik,  blues/gospel had one of the best voices I have heard in a long time. On the main stage Manran had the crowed going mental. The Wedding Present had the hairs on my arm standing up. Brilliant what a sound so going to get their most recent album. As we were walking out a band was playing so popped over to have a listen. Saxophone, trombone, guitar, bass and drums young guys playing Afro/ Caribbean type music had the crowd dancing. Saturday morning and still buzzing so going to give the game a miss today and go to the festival when something gets you feeling this high it should not be missed. 

20170728_210341.jpg

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Bute brewery has been the only beer available along with Williams lager and Scottish cross cider the last two years. Great to get Tennents in this year along with the rest. Bute beer is the most awful beer I have ever tasted. The guy who got it up and running must hate beer to come up with this over loaded hops beer. There some wonderful beers from micro breweries out there but this stuff yoch. Any tried Bute beer ? 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This the third Bute Feast and great to see crowd number up again this year. The quality of music over three stages and a small stage at the campfire is awesome. An American guy called Van Tastik,  blues/gospel had one of the best voices I have heard in a long time. On the main stage Manran had the crowed going mental. The Wedding Present had the hairs on my arm standing up. Brilliant what a sound so going to get their most recent album. As we were walking out a band was playing so popped over to have a listen. Saxophone, trombone, guitar, bass and drums young guys playing Afro/ Caribbean type music had the crowd dancing. Saturday morning and still buzzing so going to give the game a miss today and go to the festival when something gets you feeling this high it should not be missed. 

20170728_210341.jpg

Manran are excellent IoBS, I'm not sure who's playing today but tomorrow "Have Mercy Las Vegas" are well worth a watch and a listen.

Enjoy the rest of the festival and hope the weather is kind

Edited by WeeBud

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Bute brewery has been the only beer available along with Williams lager and Scottish cross cider the last two years. Great to get Tennents in this year along with the rest. Bute beer is the most awful beer I have ever tasted. The guy who got it up and running must hate beer to come up with this over loaded hops beer. There some wonderful beers from micro breweries out there but this stuff yoch. Any tried Bute beer ? 

Can't recall tasting any of the Bute Beers, although that's not to say that I haven't.

I like the look of the red ale though.

Anyway, I might be doing a day trip to Bute on the week beginning the 7th of August. Unfortunately, I'll most likely be driving, so ne beer to be consumed.:(

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

20170728_210341.jpg

I like the sound of the camp fire , it would be great to sit around it and re-tell the coconut dug joke . .

32 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

Over in Bute just now, staying until next Saturday. Heading home just in time for the Falkirk game! :-)

Hope you are enjoying yourself I know the weather is crap a good time can still be had though. If you are looking for good places eat and drink or to visit pm me. I will be on the 12 lunchtime ferry for the Falkirk game get off the train in Port Glasgow 3 min later the train to St James.