Tickets For W5/6 ...

Im not a season ticket holder, and wanted to buy tickets for the West stand.

Looking on the ticketing website I can see that half of W5, and the whole of W6/7 are unavailable. The only tickets left in the West stand are not the best positions (I prefer to sit near the top of the stand for a better view).

Its a bit sickening to know that there will be over two full sections cordoned off to fans, and I now need to buy tickets for seats I dont really want. I know the club usually keep these seats off limits to season tickets holders due to having an overflow for away fans ... but surely the sections should be open for general sale (even one section!) for games such as Berwick.

Anyone else a bit peeved off about this?

I thought they were on general sale for the lower end games...

Or maybe they're planning on using that section for the smaller away supports and not opening the North Stand next season. Would guess we could fit every away support apart from Morton, Hibs and The New Club in W6 and W7.

Or maybe they're planning on using that section for the smaller away supports and not opening the North Stand next season. Would guess we could fit every away support apart from Morton, Hibs and The New Club in W6 and W7.

I think they will be using that section for the smaller away supports. Easier and cheaper to police.

County have been put in there a couple of times haven't they?

I think they will be using that section for the smaller away supports. Easier and cheaper to police.

I don't think there will be that many small supports this season.

Alloa are the only club I can see bringing any less than 300 & maybe Dumbarton.

The Section will be open.

Just purchase tickets for anywhere available in the West Stand, then walk over and plant yir arse in whatever seat you fancy in W5.

Sortit.

Ha yeah I was thinking the same thing. But can see the area partitioned off and some jobs worth steward telling us "ye canny sit there pal!"

Think I'll email the club to confirm if Im just gonna have to sit in the main stand this season bangin.gif

That's exactly what the club are planning on doing , every teams support will be put into the sectioned off bit of the West area or as we St.Mirren supporters know it the North Bank, the Away stand will only be open for the games against Rangers, Morton and Hibs. If the number of places in the sectioned off area of the West stand exceeds the demand, then and only then will the Away stand be opened.

The reason is that this will save costs in policing, stewarding and in the snack bar area plus utility costs.

Always means the bloody pie queue is huge in the west stand when there's only one kiosk for the whole of the home support in that stand :(

I'd reckon most folk are either coming from home or through Paisley, so either have something to eat at home or buy something in Paisley. Most folk could be doing without the shite that they sell in the pie stalls any way by the looks of things.

That's exactly what the club are planning on doing , every teams support will be put into the sectioned off bit of the West area or as we St.Mirren supporters know it the North Bank, the Away stand will only be open for the games against Rangers, Morton and Hibs. If the number of places in the sectioned off area of the West stand exceeds the demand, then and only then will the Away stand be opened.

The reason is that this will save costs in policing, stewarding and in the snack bar area plus utility costs.

Falkirk will definitely bring a big support through, and I would be fairly sure QoS will bring enough to merit being in the Away stand.

Dumbarton, Alloa, Raith and Livi will be the only ones who would have any chance of being in the West IMO and all of them will bring more than ICT, Ross County or Hamilton.

Shou;d be M6 and M7

I don't think there will be that many small supports this season.

Alloa are the only club I can see bringing any less than 300 & maybe Dumbarton.

I think the Dumbarton support might surprise you. I'd be surprised if it is less than 500.

I think the Dumbarton support might surprise you. I'd be surprised if it is less than 500.

Really? Thats about half their average home gate.

falkirk have a higher average than us, with Hibs and Sevco miles in front, the rest pretty poor, i think it is realistic to assume the away stand will be shut for a lot of games.

falkirk have a higher average than us, with Hibs and Sevco miles in front, the rest pretty poor, i think it is realistic to assume the away stand will be shut for a lot of games.

Handiness, and novelty value will feature. Just a hunch.

Falkirk's average last year boosted by 6 home games against big travelling supports (Hearts, Hibs & Rangers) whereas we had Accies, ICT and and County.

I do think we'll get a wee boost in terms of travelling support as many of them won't have been to the the new ground and will want to visit.

Falkirk, QOS and Dumbarton will all likely bring more than the aforementioned top flight teams but shutting the stand at the away end probably makes sense and should have been done in previous years for select games.

Should create a good atmosphere, which is sadly lacking.

Falkirk's average last year boosted by 6 home games against big travelling supports (Hearts, Hibs & Rangers) whereas we had Accies, ICT and and County.

I do think we'll get a wee boost in terms of travelling support as many of them won't have been to the the new ground and will want to visit.

Falkirk, QOS and Dumbarton will all likely bring more than the aforementioned top flight teams but shutting the stand at the away end probably makes sense and should have been done in previous years for select games.

Should create a good atmosphere, which is sadly lacking.

I think there is a good chance our average gate this season will be higher than last year.

Our home support should certainly be higher IF we have a decent team on the park and we are competing at the right end of the table.

Last year the average home support at our home games was 2982. that was down from 3469 the season before and 3555 the season before that so there were an average of around 500 fans posted missing last year who will hopefully be tempted back by a decent team.

Rangers, Morton, Hibs and Falkirk will all bring as much as Celtic, Kilmarnock, Partick and Aberdeen brought.

As touched on previously ICT, Hamilton, St.Johnstone and Ross County brought next to nothing to Paisley last season.

I'd say the smaller supports in the Championship like Alloa, Dumbarton, Livi and Raith will all still average out higher than those clubs.

I got an email back from the club who confirmed that they are indeed planning to use W6-7 for most away supports this season, so that costs can be saved on catering/stewarding etc after relegation.

It looks like the North stand will be closed for the majority of the season.

I got an email back from the club who confirmed that they are indeed planning to use W6-7 for most away supports this season, so that costs can be saved on catering/stewarding etc after relegation.

It looks like the North stand will be closed for the majority of the season.

Pretty sensible really.

Still feel the club made a huge boobboo when we moved to Greenhill Road from Love Street!

The North-end of the main stand has about 20 bods in it most games, whilst the "town" end has lots of spare space.

This part could easily have been designed to accommodate small away supports / overflow for larger ones, or even allow for both stands to be split, resulting in greater ticket supply for those that want it (Celtic/ Partick Thistle in particular!)