Cheesey - Offered A Deal At.....

Offered a deal at Oldham Athletic. All the best to the St. Mirren legend. Great level of football in England to test himself at.

Not surprised.

A definite step up from ourselves. He's a good player think he will do well down there.

WTF..!

This cant be true... If it is that would mean all the 'experts' on here and the ones who continually howled abuse at one of their own players during games might have called it wrong..? Surely no?

Edit: just realised the posters i mentioned above will be able to play their classic get out line to my questions.

That being.....'Its Cheesy's fault he has secured a League One football offer in England'

We seem to be unable to acquire decent players from League 1 in England.... But we cant half give them away to English league one teams!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Doubt he'll last long in their 1st team to be honest.

Cannot agree with you, I think its a forward move and I and many others wish Cheesy all the best. He, as a St.Mirren player left the club in dubious circumstances but the amount of criticism he received on this site did not in anyway convince him to stay and whilst I would agree everyone is entitled to their opinion there was no need to call him a pr**k or put some of last seasons performances solely down to him, when in some games a the majority of players for us were poor too say the least

I've said on here before , the English lower leagues are perfect for Cheesy to perform in . Gary McKenzie , a much maligned central defender with Dundee went onto a successful career in the English lower leagues , and Josh Thompson who was way out his depth in the SPL , are both good examples for Cheesy to follow ! I think he'll do well if he makes the move !

He was in trial with them and offered a deal, he turned it down.

Don't know if it's still on the table or not.

I posted on the preseason thread that a Cup winning Saint may be playing against us preseason. He left them prior to this so didn't feature.

Edited by davidg

I fancy my chances in a one on one against Cheesy and also reckon i could challenge him in the air and win the ball ahead of him, did i also mention my distribution from defence is far better aswell ? (wouldnt be hard)

Aye ok buddie.

Cheesy isn't even at the club anymore and people are still putting the boot into him. Sad.

I fancy my chances in a one on one against Cheesy and also reckon i could challenge him in the air and win the ball ahead of him, did i also mention my distribution from defence is far better aswell ? (wouldnt be hard)

John Potter, is that you?

Aye ok buddie.

Cheesy isn't even at the club anymore and people are still putting the boot into him. Sad.

He is and always will be a championship centre half at best are we forgetting he was released by Queen of the South ? Sadly the powers that be at St Mirren brought him back and even made him a regular and a captain and there was a fair degree of favouritism, yes he played well enough in some games and contributed in our famous cup winning season however we have been without a solid, reliable centre half for around a decade now which does somewhat infuriate me thumbdown.gif