Q & A With The Manager

On topic.

1. What is the manager's assesment on our Central defensive options

and

2. What are his plans , ambitions, expectations for us over the next two seasons.

Skip that.

Let's talk Doos.

Apart from Gull shit infested Stands there is nothing to get angry about down St Mirren Park way.

Most people don't attack the club over a wee bit of 'doo' on there seat!

We need an anti sniping, anti anyone who is anti shitty seats, anti asking questions, anti having an opinion.... Tsar..!

To help steer us through this quagmire.

Just started watching on periscope.

On Goodwin: "Jim's attitude has been great since we've arrived. At his age, can probably play 20-25 games this season......."

On defenders: "Baird and Kelly chalk and cheese: can be a good partnership (Kelly - technical, Baird - no nonsense), but don't talk to each other enough.Trying to get another defender in but it's very difficult.... "

Mark Spalding:

"This week, have had Rangers watched, have come up with game plan. Have gone through video analysis with players to come up with individual plans."

"Players are far better, physically and technically than at Dumbarton."

"I personally have watched Rangers v Burnley 4 times, Rangers v Hibs 4 times, Rangers v Peterhead 2 times."

"Am sometimes in at the club from 7am to 10pm at night. Loving it here."

SG:

"Ian and Mark have brought a freshness to club"

"Ian has handled trialist situation very well. Makes a decision very quickly. I think one of them was within 10 minutes!"

"Very pleased with enthusiasm in dugout. Haven't seen that in awhile."

"Has been a huge change in atmosphere for the better"

"Realistic target for St Mirren is a couple of seasons to get back up into the Premiership. This season would like to get into the play-offs and see what happens."

Ian:

"Another club came in for me and Mark about a year ago, but wasn't right."

"Huge draw for coming here was using Academy to bring players through, particularly with Mark's expertise. Was impossible at Dumbarton."

"Want to secure ourselves in the top 3 or 4 in this league this season, and bring through young players into first team."

Edited by Julian Banjos

SG:

"Difficult to get players to sign longer than 1 year contracts"

On John McGinn's 4 year deal: "John was talking to Hibs for 10 days. Made it clear he didn't want to be here and was taking advice from someone. He's a good lad, I've known him since he was a wee kid. I wish him all the best"

"6 figure sum for McGinn and we still have 33% of John." (presuming that's a sell-on fee????)

Edited by Julian Banjos

SG:

"Difficult to get players to sign longer than 1 year contracts"

On John McGinn's 4 year deal: "John was talking to Hibs for 10 days. Made it clear he didn't want to be here and was taking advice from someone. He's a good lad, I've known him since he was a wee kid. I wish him all the best"

"6 figure sum for McGinn and we still have 33% of John." (presuming that's a sell-on fee????)

On the tip of the flag post.