Q & A With The Manager

I have to say that on the evidence of tonight's Q&A, that I am very impressed with Ian Murray. Extremely capable, professional and says it like it is.

Just back from the session.

If we f**k it up this season, it won't be due to lack of preparation. If the management team can convert their enthusiasm and commitment into results on the park, then we could be in for an enjoyable season

I was impressed the honesty displayed by all at the top table and most of the questions were pretty sensible.

An enjoyable and informative evening.

Enjoyed that tonight

Mark Spalding didn't talk much but was impressive when he did. Seems like a guy who is technically good and well qualified, and just absolutely loves what he is doing, his enthusiasm was contagious.

Murray is just a class act, comes across well and seems intent on proving people wrong this season

Even Stuart seemed to have a bit more spring in his step from when I last seen him in a similar setting at the agm.

Good night, well done to fans council for arranging.

How in the name of fcuk can a football club chairman publicly brand their biggest sponsorship partner "a disaster" but then say "we need their money though".

Kick their fcuking arse and tell them to shape up.

They're having a meeting with them next week.

As someone mentioned, they've managed to f**k up Bournemouth's strip release. Their fans haven't been able to buy their new strips and the season starts on Saturday.

How the f**k can we have the same budget as Qos and raith if we have been in the prem for 10 years, won a cup, got a parachute payment, had our debt cleared and have an average gate twice that of them!!?? It beggars belief!!!! Oh and sold £400k worth of talent!!!!!

cause we had to pay off Cheesy. Edited by Hambud

They're having a meeting with them next week.

As someone mentioned, they've managed to f**k up Bournemouth's strip release. Their fans haven't been able to buy their new strips and the season starts on Saturday.

Glad to hear they're meeting with JD. They should review the terms of the contract in advance, and check if REAs recent assertion that the contract should deliver more than a dozen shirts hanging behind big racks of 'Old Firm' shirts, trainingwear, polo shirts and rain jackets is correct.

Was in the Braehead store again a couple of days ago - zero St Mirren trainingwear, only the aforementioned ragtag random collection of jerseys sandwiched between the ubiquitous Barca' and Chelsea offerings.

While they're at it, could they, between them, figure out the situation with the away kit? Is it JDs fault that the team have already worn the thing, yet the only appearance anywhere is a fan's Tweet showing it on a coat hanger!

Missed this at the time. Who released the team? Media? Or one of the players?

Fan sussed it out by watching the training session on the Friday.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

One of the guys who asked a question near the end, apologised for the team being posted online and then said that the guy who did it was in the room.

Murray then said, whilst laughing, "don't worry, we know who he is".

Maybe, you had to be there......................unsure.png

Glad to hear they're meeting with JD. They should review the terms of the contract in advance, and check if REAs recent assertion that the contract should deliver more than a dozen shirts hanging behind big racks of 'Old Firm' shirts, trainingwear, polo shirts and rain jackets is correct.

Was in the Braehead store again a couple of days ago - zero St Mirren trainingwear, only the aforementioned ragtag random collection of jerseys sandwiched between the ubiquitous Barca' and Chelsea offerings.

While they're at it, could they, between them, figure out the situation with the away kit? Is it JDs fault that the team have already worn the thing, yet the only appearance anywhere is a fan's Tweet showing it on a coat hanger!

I'll forward your post to SG.tongue.png

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

One of the guys who asked a question near the end, apologised for the team being posted online and then said that the guy who did it was in the room.

Murray then said, whilst laughing, "don't worry, we know who he is".

Maybe, you had to be there......................unsure.png

Maybe they got the guys name from the facebook post.

Sounds very positive though.

Any specific reference to the Langfield & Shankland saga?

Murray said that Langfield ticked all the boxes with respect to the type of 'keeper/coach they were looking for, but as with all potential signings, until any deal is done and dusted, he won't mention any names.

Shankland wasn't referred to by the fans or the manager.

Edited by FTOF

Any specific reference to the Langfield & Shankland saga?

Wasn't naming names. Said Langfield ticked all the boxes of the profile ie player/coach that club wanted, but didn't confirm specifically.

He said they are very wary over the goalkeeper player/coach. Has to be the right person, as can't have someone taking the huff about not playing yet be the coach of the other keepers.

Concerned about the high regard Naismith and Kelly are being held in here. I just don't see this keeper and defence as being good enough, and all the video analysis in the world aint going to change that.

I guess they are still looking to get Goodwin out the door then?

I would kick the current sponsors out over the 100k. Many haven't bought the strip due to the piss poor quality and no doubt loads of kids are wearing Barca tops (and next year Cellic tops) instead of Saints ones due to these clowns. In the end that this is worth way over 100k to the club.

McGinn remains a wee fanny, and will be 66.6% of a fanny if we ever get any sell on fee for him.

They didn't discuss specifics

Someone asked direct about Langfield, answer along the lines of he ticks all the boxes but he's not available as it stands, definitely more going on than was let on

Did anyone point out that lovestreet has given us an exclusive?

Concerned about the high regard Naismith and Kelly are being held in here. I just don't see this keeper and defence as being good enough, and all the video analysis in the world aint going to change that.

I guess they are still looking to get Goodwin out the door then?

I would kick the current sponsors out over the 100k. Many haven't bought the strip due to the piss poor quality and no doubt loads of kids are wearing Barca tops (and next year Cellic tops) instead of Saints ones due to these clowns. In the end that this is worth way over 100k to the club.

McGinn remains a wee fanny, and will be 66.6% of a fanny if we ever get any sell on fee for him.

They only had positives to say about Goodwin to be fair And hi attitude.

Just that he will not play 36 league games a season. He will play 20-25 at best due to age etc. And that he must realise he is not the same player he was 2-3 years ago. His legs have gone and he has to change the way he plays, and reads the game. If he can do that he will contribute.