Q & A With The Manager

Thought MANAGEMENT spoke tremendously well tonight. I suspect murray knows he desperately needs reinforcements and particularly in defence at Centre half. on Friday I fear our lads will be torn apart and I worry about them big time at ibrox. I do believe come October we will be stronger tho

They only had positives to say about Goodwin to be fair And hi attitude.

Just that he will not play 36 league games a season. He will play 20-25 at best due to age etc. And that he must realise he is not the same player he was 2-3 years ago. His legs have gone and he has to change the way he plays, and reads the game. If he can do that he will contribute.

Currently reading Sir Alex's book. He said the same about Roy Keane near the end of his Man U career but Keane couldn't accept this.

Enjoyed the meeting, Murray and Spalding come across really well, Seemed very honest, But we have to give them time to mould a team. Well done all who attended tonight,

Giving them time is key.

Hopefully, there won't be the pressure of a relegation battle, and we, as supporters, will be suitably patient (oh how he laughed).

to be honest its a bit of a sham when the chairman say's 'we need the money' more than the product being available to the supporters as no supporters means no season tickets and therefore no club

something surely has to be done about this

come on sg sort it out

its getting ridiculous now, no tops for children, no training gear and not to mention tops that u cannot fit your neck through

this alone has stopped me buying 3 full strips for me and my 2 kids

how many others have the same view??

shambles

They only had positives to say about Goodwin to be fair And hi attitude.

Just that he will not play 36 league games a season. He will play 20-25 at best due to age etc. And that he must realise he is not the same player he was 2-3 years ago. His legs have gone and he has to change the way he plays, and reads the game. If he can do that he will contribute.

In recent memory, Tommy Turner was perhaps the most effective ageing player who knew his limitations and played to his strengths. He maintained discipline, marshalled the players around him, and focused on keeping possession while clearing his lines when necessary. He didn't need to have young legs, and a 21-year-old's dynamism for that. Jim would do well to catch a few VHS recordings of TT. Edited by Drew

Gilmour just saying difference between JD and Provan is £100,000.

A lot of money to the club... 100k for some shoddy service?

I'm confused. JD are kit and training wear suppliers (and shirt soonsors), they should be compared to the Hummel / Braehead combination prior to them coming in. PSL did all our merchandising. Surely PSL should be compared to the guys currently doing the stadium shop - which is now very good IMHO.

What about the change of Dugoots ?

There are no forth officials at league games at this level other than TV games so if we want to make a sub, get an explanation on a decision then it's best to have the linesman on our side of the pitch. subs will warm up as normal from now on so they aren't in front of opposition fans

to be honest its a bit of a sham when the chairman say's 'we need the money' more than the product being available to the supporters as no supporters means no season tickets and therefore no club

something surely has to be done about this

come on sg sort it out

its getting ridiculous now, no tops for children, no training gear and not to mention tops that u cannot fit your neck through

this alone has stopped me buying 3 full strips for me and my 2 kids

how many others have the same view??

shambles

eta, cheers div for the feed

respect ;) :D

Currently reading Sir Alex's book. He said the same about Roy Keane near the end of his Man U career but Keane couldn't accept this.

Yeah I've read that as well. Hope Jim does adapt his game and play 25 odd games. Don't want him or Thompson to leave under a cloud or poor season.

Murray indicated that Jim has accepted this and has been great in training. Though admitted that the real test will come during the season if Jim perhaps hasn't featured in 4/5 weeks.

In recent memory, Tommy Turner was perhaps the most effective ageing player who knew his limitations and played to his strengths. He maintained discipline, marshalled the players around him, and focused on keeping possession while clearing his lines when necessary. He didn't need to have young legs, and a 21-year-old's dynamism for that. Jim would do well to catch a few VHS recordings of TT.

TT was struggling until Tom Hendrie came in and switched him to sweeper to play in his system. Not sure Murray wants to play this system.

There are no forth officials at league games at this level other than TV games so if we want to make a sub, get an explanation on a decision then it's best to have the linesman on our side of the pitch. subs will warm up as normal from now on so they aren't in front of opposition fans

Thanks Bud.

TT was struggling until Tom Hendrie came in and switched him to sweeper to play in his system. Not sure Murray wants to play this system.

I wasn't suggesting he should. It was an example, for illustrative purposes only.

Yeah I've read that as well. Hope Jim does adapt his game and play 25 odd games. Don't want him or Thompson to leave under a cloud or poor season.

Murray indicated that Jim has accepted this and has been great in training. Though admitted that the real test will come during the season if Jim perhaps hasn't featured in 4/5 weeks.

Its a very polite way of saying 'I would like him to go and get him off the wage bill as i won't be picking him' very much like Danny with Lee Mair... Who eas well past it, but got the fan-boys on here stirring the shit on his behalf.... Aye Top Bloke Lee!

How the f**k can we have the same budget as Qos and raith if we have been in the prem for 10 years, won a cup, got a parachute payment, had our debt cleared and have an average gate twice that of them!!?? It beggars belief!!!! Oh and sold £400k worth of talent!!!!!

Are you an accountant.

I bet their strips fitted, and its the first time you could buy a strip in the club shop! How hard can it be to either make JD fulfil the contract, or terminate it?

I expect they would if someone comes in with a better offer. There lies the problem.

I expect they would if someone comes in with a better offer. There lies the problem.

With the end of their second three-year deal coming sooner rather than later, they should be inviting tenders for the gig.... Which would see X amount from a new supplier, plus X amount from interested shirt sponsors, plus discussions with tbe guys doing the club shop, plus removal of existing stadium advertising if JD are replaced...

Which is a fair amount of work, so if JD really ARE 100k better than any combination of new kit supplier / shirt sponsor - fair enough, but work the deal for a better deal for supporters, not just the directors / club.

Like Bournemouth and others - get kits in our club shop. If not, get a proper St Mirren presence in the three places they ARE available. Get the actual stock / online stock discrepencies bollocks sorted. Get kids strips available as full kits and at the time of summer when OF clubs and others flood stores with THEIR kit. Get proper kit launches. Get the kit to fit over people's nappers. Get the away kit properly photographed and worn by strapping handsome chaps like Thommo, instead of some half-arsed Twitter leak.

Get it sorted MacPherson.

In recent memory, Tommy Turner was perhaps the most effective ageing player who knew his limitations and played to his strengths. He maintained discipline, marshalled the players around him, and focused on keeping possession while clearing his lines when necessary. He didn't need to have young legs, and a 21-year-old's dynamism for that. Jim would do well to catch a few VHS recordings of TT.

100% Agree. I miss Tommy T

Still remember his post match bubble didnae burst interview.