Q & A With The Manager

Friday is a tough start. I think we will be thrashed but will not moan. This has to be a longer project on the road to recovery

we are a newly relegated team with players who have experience of playing in premiership...if we get thrashed then something is badly wrong...if u feel like this piss off and don't go... Edited by Ra's Al Gul

How in the name of fcuk can a football club chairman publicly brand their biggest sponsorship partner "a disaster" but then say "we need their money though".

Kick their fcuking arse and tell them to shape up.

My take was that the situation was a disaster...well worded in other words...

In a similar vein to the squadgate incident it must be a fine line keeping interested fans informed and not losing a competitive edge with a number of aspects on the running of the club. Great to be kept updated and also to have to opportunity to watch the video, but does talking about certain aspects of players in detail aid the opposition? Or are the topics covered plain to see for any scout worth his salt? A fine balance indeed.

Now proper confused..?

Apparently our target for the season is...

The Title

The Play Offs

In the Top Four

Promotion More realistic Next Season

Maybe a couple of Seasons to bed in....

Between Gilmour and Murray you would have thought there was at least one consistent aim? This explains a lot about how we have been seemigly aimless and without guidance these last few years. No one actually knows what they are aiming to achieve, hence we end up achieving nothing!

Oh there was one clear aim I gleaned from the Q&A... Murray and Spalding believe they will be going on to bigger and better things in two season/years. Quite how they will achieve that without a clear and consitent set of objectives against which their performance and aptitude can be measured against is beyond me.

Now proper confused..?

The Title

The Play Offs

In the Top Four

Between Gilmour and Murray you would have thought there was at least one consistent aim? This explains a lot about how we have been seemigly aimless and without guidance these last few years. No one actually knows what they are aiming to achieve, hence we end up achieving nothing!

Oh there was one clear aim I gleaned from the Q&A... Murray and Spalding believe they will be going on to bigger and better things in two season/years. Quite how they will achieve that without a clear and consitent set of objectives against which their performance and aptitude can be measured against is beyond me.

They had a clear aim to me:

They said the Title was not a realistic expectation this season.

Playoffs and top 4 finish are the same thing, and thats what they hope to achieve this season. Thats their clear aim. However they said that they wont be too disapointed if they don't achieve that this season, that it may make 2 seasons due to the transition of new management and players, and our first season in the championship, and hibs and rangers still in the division. With them out of the way the 2nd season its more achievable.

On your final point. Surely their objectives is to win each game and their success and failure to do so will be what we measure their performance and aptitude?

Now proper confused..?

The Title

The Play Offs

In the Top Four

To be honest, most things are beyond you..........................although I do like your Arbroath/harbour/seamen jokes. 1eye.gif

They had a clear aim to me:

They said the Title was not a realistic expectation this season.

Playoffs and top 4 finish are the same thing, and thats what they hope to achieve this season. Thats their clear aim. However they said that they wont be too disapointed if they don't achieve that this season, that it may make 2 seasons due to the transition of new management and players, and our first season in the championship, and hibs and rangers still in the division. With them out of the way the 2nd season its more achievable.

On your final point. Surely their objectives is to win each game and their success and failure to do so will be what we measure their performance and aptitude?

The manager had already said he was going for the title before last night. If you re-read your first paragraph it highlights how confused the message to the support is! Either the aim is promotion (title or play offs) or it is to consolidate? If you don't know what you are aiming for, how can you hit it?

The manager had already said he was going for the title before last night. If you re-read your first paragraph it highlights how confused the message to the support is! Either the aim is promotion (title or play offs) or it is to consolidate? If you don't know what you are aiming for, how can you hit it?

You certainly know who you are aiming for!

I will be there as always unlike many part timers on here. In my opinion it will be October by the time we start to take shape. I don't think we will be able to cope on Friday but I very much hope I'm wrong. Also many of the team that starts have little premier league experience

Spoken like a mediocre middle manager at a mediocre (usually American) company.

Useless twats to a man.

The aim is to win each game as it comes with the likelihood of victory dependent on a whole raft of factors you can control and 100 times as many that you can't control.

Therefore whilst PLANNING may be important, PLANS are as fecking useless as the person who thought they were important in their own right.

Football teams only aim is to win games. Success is determined AFTER the games have been played not before in order to allow you to take the bigger picture into account. You just can't get much simpler than that.

Everything else is middle management pish which wastes time, money and other resources.

Edited by oaksoft

I will be there as always unlike many part timers on here. In my opinion it will be October by the time we start to take shape. I don't think we will be able to cope on Friday but I very much hope I'm wrong. Also many of the team that starts have little premier league experience

You should definitely keep repeating this ad nauseum. I think there are a couple of people in darkest Peru who are not aware of your pessimism.

Wouldn't you, and all of us rather both chairman and manager came out with a clear, consistent and agreed aim for the season? Something the support can hang its hat on...

I think Ian Murray's real objective this season is to be successful enough to piss you off.