Q & A With The Manager

Having scanned this thread this evening and the comments made at last night's meeting I am really up for this season. Yes it might take a few weeks for the team to gel. Murray will be judged on who else he brings in and where we are at in October. I do not see us getting thrashed on Friday unless we go gungho at them. Peterhead lost three on Sunday late on and surely we are a much better team than them. Would not be surprised if we come away with a draw on Friday. Whatever happens, it cannot be nay worse than last season, can it? Murray and Spalding impressed with their comments and it was refreshing to hear some of the comments from Gilmour. Do think, however, that the official website could be better employed to keep us informed on issues such as JD Sports.

I can understand in the top league being realistic and saying we won't win the league at the start of the season. Not in the Championship however, every team starts on 0 points and we should be aiming to win the title. Whats the point in taking part otherwise?!

I can understand in the top league being realistic and saying we won't win the league at the start of the season. Not in the Championship however, every team starts on 0 points and we should be aiming to win the title. Whats the point in taking part otherwise?!

Setting yourself up for failure if you come out and say you are going for the title. As Murray says, both hibs and the zombies have claimed they will win it. We go about our business quietly and let our talking be done on the football park. Edited by kevo_smfc

Something that did impress me with the Q&A was Murray's statement about locking Ralston down on fridays as he was pissed off the team for Berwick was leaked the day before the game.

Hear, Hear, Mr Murray! Though I suspect you will have a bigger job on your hands than you know as most of the leaks come from the board, who with age seem to be unable to hold anything for long without it seeping out. Indeed were we not definitely ' Selt' by the weekend..? Is this forum not awash with nudge, nudge... Wink, wink on players we are signing this week?

There isn't another club that i know where so much confidential information is given to whoever walks past SMP or Ralston. To be truly successful, that withering flow of info to our competitors needs to be stopped. But i suspect the 'I am a better Saints fan than you brigade' wouldn't like not being able to play the oneupmanship card...

Something that did impress me with the Q&A was Murray's statement about locking Ralston down on fridays as he was pissed off the team for Berwick was leaked the day before the game.

Hear, Hear, Mr Murray! Though I suspect you will have a bigger job on your hands than you know as most of the leaks come from the board, who with age seem to be unable to hold anything for long without it seeping out. Indeed were we not definitely ' Selt' by the weekend..? Is this forum not awash with nudge, nudge... Wink, wink on players we are signing this week?

There isn't another club that i know where so much confidential information is given to whoever walks past SMP or Ralston. To be truly successful, that withering flow of info to our competitors needs to be stopped. But i suspect the 'I am a better Saints fan than you brigade' wouldn't like not being able to play the oneupmanship card...

Maybe it's because no other team trains at SMP or Ralston.

Surely you dont mean those who do a good job for the club by hanging around the ground and ralston in the hope of getting comp tickets and other freebies as well as bragging about inside info that they have been sworn to secrecy on lol.gif Have they not convinced you of how good they are for the club. They give of their own time you know, they could easily hang around the town like a bad smell, then where would we be.

Surely you dont mean those who do a good job for the club by hanging around the ground and ralston in the hope of getting comp tickets and other freebies as well as bragging about inside info that they have been sworn to secrecy on :lol Have they not convinced you of how good they are for the club. They give of their own time you know, they could easily hang around the town like a bad smell, then where would we be.

I will tell you where we would be.... We would be Fan-Boy freeeeeeeeeeee........!