Trialists Update

Surprised at howieson seen him in the Ayr and Bradford games playing left mid didn't see him take on one player or put in one cross, but maybe Murray has seen something in him in training.

He looks the type of player that would be better played inside of midfield.

I am shocked and stunned that you've taken this news and applied an anti-Murray slant to it.

Your shocked that the new manager who all and sundry praised as the right choice because he I quote 'knew this league, and the players' has so far only been able to bring in who he worked with before and assess a shed load of trialists?

Wouldnt you expect him to have identified players he knew about and didnt need a trial, just the right offer? It smacks of naivety and inexperience to devout all your recruitment drive into one format that delivers the poorest return. Why isnt he signing players he knows? Why the reliance on panning for a gem amongst the shit?

Your shocked that the new manager who all and sundry praised as the right choice because he I quote 'knew this league, and the players' has so far only been able to bring in who he worked with before and assess a shed load of trialists?

Wouldnt you expect him to have identified players he knew about and didnt need a trial, just the right offer? It smacks of naivety and inexperience to devout all your recruitment drive into one format that delivers the poorest return. Why isnt he signing players he knows? Why the reliance on panning for a gem amongst the shit?

To be fair he hasn't worked with Carswell or McMullan before...?

I thought Conlan was decent as well. The Bradford right winger was fast and Conlan kept him under control.

As others have mentioned, I didn't see Howieson put in any crosses against Bradford.

We were on the back foot most of the game though and he put in a shift defensively. Hopefully we'll get to see his attacking ability soon.

Did you forget that Dumbarton are part-time? Big difference in attracting players with a job outside of football on the side and getting players to sign on full-time contracts on an extremely tight budget. Just because other teams in the league have been making signings, doesn't mean they are good enough for us.

Their was not one player in the game against Bradford City I was overwhelmingly impressed by. Given that I do not think you can take much, forby finess, or anything at all from friendly games. In Ian Murray I believe we have a good manager who does not seem to make any rash signings and time and time alone will prove whether if he is the right man for the job. Like all St.Mirren fans I certainly hope he is but please do not judge the man already which several of the posts seem to be inclining to do.

Edited by stripey

Did you forget that Dumbarton are part-time? Big difference in attracting players with a job outside of football on the side and getting players to sign on full-time contracts on an extremely tight budget. Just because other teams in the league have been making signings, doesn't mean they are good enough for us.

What have other teams got to do with it? I am only interested in our team, and we are very light with the first competitive game this weekend.

Edited by Lord Pityme

I was watching howieson pretty closely, his touches and awareness were excellent I agree he didn't take anybody on but I think he has the attributes , he has also played at international level so I think he could be a find and Murray obviously sees him in training , extremely happy to see the back of Reilly he was given several opportunities and failed to impress

Make your mind up!

I was watching howieson pretty closely, his touches and awareness were excellent I agree he didn't take anybody on but I think he has the attributes , he has also played at international level so I think he could be a find and Murray obviously sees him in training , extremely happy to see the back of Reilly he was given several opportunities and failed to impress

I'm also surprised that athe majority seem to be not impressed with howieson. He never wasted a pass all afternoon, was involved in all (few as they were) our attacks. Yes he never took anyone on, but he doesn't look like a winger to me. Play him in Agnews position and let aggy be backup or play wide - howieson was far more impressive than Agnew was on Saturday.

I think Murray should make his mind up rather than constantly sifting trialists. How come he doesn't have a target list, how come he hasn't got a handle on the

game, who is available, who is up to it? This was supposedly his skill set?

How do you know that he doesn't have a target list? Laughable claim.

I think Murray should make his mind up rather than constantly sifting trialists. How come he doesn't have a target list, how come he hasn't got a handle on the

game, who is available, who is up to it? This was supposedly his skill set?

Every time I read one of your posts I just go

giphy.gif