Trialists Update

How do you know that he doesn't have a target list? Laughable claim.

If he has why is he constantly sifting trialists? Why isn't he signing people he already knows can do the job? One of the main supposed plus points on bringing Murray in was his knowledge of the game and the players at this level. So why are we a few days from our first competitive fixture with him saying we still need five? If you want laughable, thats it right there!

His old club, who started a bit behind us in getting a manager in are up to strength, why not us?

I think Murray should make his mind up rather than constantly sifting trialists. How come he doesn't have a target list, how come he hasn't got a handle on the

game, who is available, who is up to it? This was supposedly his skill set?

Sepp Blatter-esque bodyswerve there. Stu's post rattled you?

Murray said right at the start that he had targets that we might have to wait for into August before they sign.

Might be guys with a good pedigree holding out for clubs at a higher level, but who have intimated they'll sign if their first choice doesn't work out.

Might be guys with a good pedigree holding out for clubs at a higher level, but who have intimated they'll sign if their first choice doesn't work out.

That would seem the most likely situation.

Or possibly after a testimonial....................

This was supposedly his skill set?

Aye, maybe so, but it's somewhat negated when the club in question is ST Mirren . We are way down the pecking order of clubs that agents / players want to get involved with. We are very much considered almost a last resort.com option by many in the in Scottish game at present. Shame that, a frugal penny wise club is considered in such a poor light, just sums up the garbage state of the game here tbh.

Aye, maybe so, but it's somewhat negated when the club in question is ST Mirren . We are way down the pecking order of clubs that agents / players want to get involved with. We are very much considered almost a last resort.com option by many in the in Scottish game at present. Shame that, a frugal penny wise club is considered in such a poor light, just sums up the garbage state of the game here tbh.

Bawz...

If Dumbarton, QoS , Morton and Falkirk can bolster their squads then so can we, there is always a surfeit of professional footballers in every transfer window, some clubs seem to be able though to know who and what they want and make signings. We on the other hand run multiple bounce games to look at players the coaching team apparently know nothing about.

I was asked by many when i made it clear Murray wasn't my choice to 'judge him on results'... I'll stick to that, its the only way to make fair judgement.

Guest TPAFKATS

Bawz...

If Dumbarton, QoS , Morton and Falkirk can bolster their squads then so can we, there is always a surfeit of professional footballers in every transfer window, some clubs seem to be able though to know who and what they want and make signings. We on the other hand run multiple bounce games to look at players the coaching team apparently know nothing about.

I was asked by many when i made it clear Murray wasn't my choice to 'judge him on results'... I'll stick to that, its the only way to make fair judgement.

Erm, it reads as though you are already making your judgement.

Bawz...

If Dumbarton, QoS , Morton and Falkirk can bolster their squads then so can we

Have you seen who Morton have signed? A centre half from Stranraer or Stenny and that's it. Duffy has said there will only be two more guys on short term contracts and that's their whack.

Safe to say their fans are in meltdown.

Bawz...

Why do you keep going on about Dumbarton? They're a part time team who can pay £500 a week. No wonder they're getting players rushing to sign for them! Unless you want us to become part time so we can start competing with them, is that really what this obsession with Dumbarton is about? Edited by steve_the_saint

Why do you keep going on about Dumbarton? They're a part time team who can pay £500 a week. No wonder they're getting players rushing to sign for them! Unless you want us to become part time so we can start competing with them, is that really what this obsession with Dumbarton is about?

From what I've read it's more an anti Murray obsession.

Why do you keep going on about Dumbarton? They're a part time team who can pay £500 a week. No wonder they're getting players rushing to sign for them! Unless you want us to become part time so we can start competing with them, is that really what this obsession with Dumbarton is about?

For clarity of furtherance doubt exactly how many on here really believe that Dumbarton!!! Are a much more appealing option for professional footballers than ST Mirren..?

Because the line that because they are part time, they then appeal to more players isn't going to float. I think a fe on these boards need to step out of denial and see so far Murray hasn't delivered on new recruits. That said he still may do so? But as our first competitive game is a few days away we should only still be looking for the odd one or two quality players that become available. Not five or six to field a competitive team.

For clarity of furtherance doubt exactly how many on here really believe that Dumbarton!!! Are a much more appealing option for professional footballers than ST Mirren..?

Because the line that because they are part time, they then appeal to more players isn't going to float. I think a fe on these boards need to step out of denial and see so far Murray hasn't delivered on new recruits. That said he still may do so? But as our first competitive game is a few days away we should only still be looking for the odd one or two quality players that become available. Not five or six to field a competitive team.

Tell me Pityme, out of all of Dumbartons signing so far, who would walk into the St Mirren team? Please enlighten us.

All of their players have clearly went part-time for a reason. The manager Aitken himself has a very good full-time job outside of football and that's what appealed to him stepping up a division remaining on a part-time contract closer to home.

I don't remember there being panic the season 2005/06, when we went on to win the league off the back of the late August signings of Adam and Sutton as mentioned by another poster. Two key figures in our promotion.

Would you rather we had a repeat of the past 3 or so season where we just bulked the squad up with numbers and had to pay them off a few months down the line as they were not deemed good enough? I personally do not think we have missed out on any players available in the market at the moment.