Windows 10

murray street

It's running fine with me, quite a few new features which sometime scares some people. whistling.gif

The new browser, "Edge" seems pretty smooth.

Takes a bit getting used to but, overall, at this stage, an improvement from Windows 8 for me.

The link below gives a pretty decent review...............

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/operating-systems/windows-10-1267364/review/3

Thanks Bill Gates.

Well , I assume that you do use passwords for a reason , yes . .

Ffs. .

So, you're trying to say Microsoft will steal my passwords and empty my bank account? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Dear oh dear, you might be better not using the internet, mobile phones and go back to living in a cave, much safer. bye1.gif

FFS.

PS Don't forget your tin foil hat, better safe than sorry. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Can I ask why. Getting a new pc delivered next week with the free upgrade. Does it cause problems?

Slowed my computer down.

Features that worked in Windows 8, like sound on video clips and my laptop scrolling from touch pad, didn't work on Windows 10.

Also, found it far too cluttered.

To top it all, after I uninstalled it, my computer wouldn't start, which took me 45 minutes to sort.

Someone else I know, did the same as me, after being on their support "help" line for over an hour.

Think I'll wait until I get a new machine in a couple of years, when hopefully all the glitches will have ben ironed out.

Slowed my computer down.

Features that worked in Windows 8, like sound on video clips and my laptop scrolling from touch pad, didn't work on Windows 10.

Also, found it far too cluttered.

To top it all, after I uninstalled it, my computer wouldn't start, which took me 45 minutes to sort.

Someone else I know, did the same as me, after being on their support "help" line for over an hour.

Think I'll wait until I get a new machine in a couple of years, when hopefully all the glitches will have ben ironed out.

You should have thrown another log onto the burner, that would have helped............steam power has it's limitations. whistling.gif

Have installed it on both my laptops. HP & SAMSUNG, what an improvement on that Window 8.1, both laptops are running smoothly and I have noticed a vast improvement whilst multi tasking. In my opinion I like it big improvement

Same for me on my HP. Very happy with it. I even like Microsoft Edge. I haven't had a play around the with XBox features on the laptop yet but I saw the BBC bit on it this morning where you can stream your XBox 360 games to your laptop screen.

I suffered an initial slow down in performance on the laptop but after a few hours usage it settled down. It's now faster than ever. The only frustration I had was having to set up my wifi printer again after the upgrade - connecting the laptop to the printer with a USB cable triggered the software download and within 2 minutes everything was back working as it usually does.

So, you're trying to say Microsoft will steal my passwords and empty my bank account? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Dear oh dear, you might be better not using the internet, mobile phones and go back to living in a cave, much safer. bye1.gif

FFS.

PS Don't forget your tin foil hat, better safe than sorry. 1eye.gif

nerd.gif

Whether they actually empty your bank account is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned , the point being that the operating system would give them the access to what you type on your computer . .

Now , it is obvious that you are the kind of guy that lives by the "well ,if you have nothing to hide " bullshit , personally I don't buy that one . Google Chrome already goes a long way to looking at where you go and what you do on the internet and Windows 10 just takes that a step further , of course it is all for your own good because it isn't so much what Google and Windows want the data mine for but who else may have access to it . .bye1.gif

and now for some of the wee psychotic laughs you like. .lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

nerd.gif

Whether they actually empty your bank account is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned , the point being that the operating system would give them the access to what you type on your computer . .

Now , it is obvious that you are the kind of guy that lives by the "well ,if you have nothing to hide " bullshit , personally I don't buy that one . Google Chrome already goes a long way to looking at where you go and what you do on the internet and Windows 10 just takes that a step further , of course it is all for your own good because it isn't so much what Google and Windows want the data mine for but who else may have access to it . .bye1.gif

and now for some of the wee psychotic laughs you like. .lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Well, going by your paranoia, we should all stop using all technology as, no matter what you do nowadays, you leave an imprint that can/will be "used" for various reasons.

As I said, get back into your cave, no mobile, no internet ,and plenty tin foil. 1eye.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Well, going by your paranoia, we should all stop using all technology as, no matter what you do nowadays, you leave an imprint that can/will be "used" for various reasons.

As I said, get back into your cave, no mobile, no internet ,and plenty tin foil. 1eye.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Christ , you are really not that bright are you. .

Whilst I realise that if, a motivated burglar wishes to get in my house when I'm not here , then no matter what I do he will get in but l'm not going to leave the bloody front door open for him . .

Nor , am I going to walk down certain streets in Greenock , at night time , whilst wearing Paisley Saint Mirren FC colours . .

If you think that is paranoia , then perhaps you should check what the psych's actually meant when they coined the word . .

You do admit that you know you leave some sort of imprint , so I'm assuming that you have some sort of awareness . Spyware exists all over the internet , mostly for commercial interests but often for other interests whether they be political or malicious , the point is that you take steps to protect your data . If you don't take steps you are leaving the front door open . You can even take steps so that you wont have to listen to the talking adverts that now pepper this site . .

As operating systems go , you can get ones that have no spyware whatsoever , however , Windows 10 has the spyware built in to the operating system , Microsoft agreed with the NSA through a system called Prism to hand all the data on people like you , over to them . Now if you are happy with that , then batter in but do bear in mind that it is an insidious move towards a future whereby you will have no privacy . .

Oops . . ETA some puerile lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif for wee farawa'. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Christ , you are really not that bright are you. .

Whilst I realise that if, a motivated burglar wishes to get in my house when I'm not here , then no matter what I do he will get in but l not going to leave the bloody front door open for him . .

Nor , am I going to walk down certain streets in Greenock , at night time , whilst wearing Paisley Saint Mirren FC colours . .

If you think that is paranoia , then perhaps you should check what the psych's actually meant when they coined the word . .

You do admit that you know you leave some sort of imprint , so I'm assuming that you have some sort of awareness . Spyware exists all over the internet , mostly for commercial interests but often for other interests whether they be political or malicious , the point is that you take steps to protect your data . If you don't take steps you are leaving the front door open . You can even take steps so that you wont have to listen to the talking adverts that now pepper this site . .

As operating systems go , you can get ones that have no spyware whatsoever , however , Windows 10 has the spyware built in to the operating system , Microsoft agreed with the NSA through a system called Prism to hand all the data on people like you , over to them . Now if you are happy with that , then batter in but do bear in mind that it is an insidious move towards a future whereby you will have no privacy . .

Thanks. thumbup2.gif

ETA Thanks again...............laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Edited by faraway saint