Burnley

Was a good wee game. Had 5 or 6 trialist playing. 3.0 to Burnley but they were a good side. Big lad Rooney looked good again. Lewis Morgan came on 2nd half and had a great game. Lots of positives. Enjoyed it.

Shaun said that he had a shocking game and doesn't expect to be offered a deal. He will find out tonight if there is a deal but expects nothing on offer. His agent has had contact from Hearts and another top flight outfit so he's got other options on the table.

Shaun said that he had a shocking game and doesn't expect to be offered a deal. He will find out tonight if there is a deal but expects nothing on offer. His agent has had contact from Hearts and another top flight outfit so he's got other options on the table.

well from were I was he done well. Player are never happy with their performance. Was just my opinion.

He is by his own admission very self critical of his performance game to game. Time will tell if he's in Murray's plans as his agent will be told tonight one way or another.

Cheers for the info on the boy, it's been appreciated! Hopefully he signs. Would rather have a young and promising player to compete with Naismith for right back than some has been.

Cheers for the info on the boy, it's been appreciated! Hopefully he signs. Would rather have a young and promising player to compete with Naismith for right back than some has been.

Exactly. I can't help shake the feeling that if we don't take up the offer on him it'll be an opportunity missed. Especially when there are other clubs of simliar and larger stature more than readily sniffing around him.

I mind you saying he didnt expect to feature against Bradford and he went on to make a late appearance, followed by an extended weeks trial. Hope it works out for him.

Great job well done if you have won him over.

It looks like Ian Murray wants to offer Shaun a deal to play for the under 20's. Not what the lad needs at this stage as the money on offer to play at that level doesn't even compare to his first year apprentice wage.

He's got first team experience under his belt albeit at a lower level but nonetheless he's got experience. But more importantly he needs to earn a full time contract in order to give up his full time job.

It looks like Ian Murray wants to offer Shaun a deal to play for the under 20's. Not what the lad needs at this stage as the money on offer to play at that level doesn't even compare to his first year apprentice wage.

He's got first team experience under his belt albeit at a lower level but nonetheless he's got experience. But more importantly he needs to earn a full time contract in order to give up his full time job.

Hmm, that's frustrating. Hopefully they can work something out for the lad.

Hopefully there's some wiggle room in that. Murray clearly has quite a tight budget and it's good sense to go cheap as an opening gambit. Better to go in too low than too high. Hopefully they'll meet somewhere in the middle.

From what I have read about Rooney and what I saw on Saturday, he has the potential to play in other positions other than just right back.

Centre half is obviously a position he could fill.

I'd get the guy signed up on a first team wage.

His favoured position is right back but he can play centre half and pretty much anywhere on the right side. Started off as a striker and his contribution of goals from a defensive position at Queens Park was pretty good.

I'm obviously bias but I think we should be taking the chance and giving him a full time contract. A year with a years option would seal it.:-)

Both Douglas and Robertson left Queens Park and joined Dundee Utd going straight into their first team squads at different times.Rooney has obviously gained similiar experience with the Spiders and should not be expected to join our Dev Squad on low wages.He is wanting to turn pro and willing to give up secure employment to do so hence he should be recompensed accordingly.