Luke Conlan

Conlan Flush.gif im sorry but he is complete and utter jobbie

Bravo!

The accurate spelling of jobbie. From feeling a bit disconsolate, I now have a renewed sense that all is not bad in the world.

Edited by Drew

I do feel sorry for the lad, he is left woeful exposed by our wingers.

Yep i suppose that is a problem but what about his tackling , positional sense & distribution ? Cant blame the wingers for that .

Dont get me wrong , i want him to do well ,as with any player wearing the stripes but you have to admit , first impressions have not been good.

Yep i suppose that is a problem but what about his tackling , positional sense & distribution ? Cant blame the wingers for that .

Dont get me wrong , i want him to do well ,as with any player wearing the stripes but you have to admit , first impressions have not been good.

First impression (Ibrox) was 'bring back Tesselaar'. Second impression (Dinkydome today) was 'bring back Tesselaar and Jure Travner'.

Edited by pozbaird

To me, this thread seems petty and silly.

Saints were not defeated today because of a young left back.

This.

It's concerning that we were tactically inept against a team who our manager managed and who knows this division.

I genuinely felt more burst after today's game compared to anything last season. Last season I knew deep down we were fecked, this season I felt some optimism.

If he is with us on loan , i would cancel it .

Would it cost us to send him back and with the limit on the number of clubs you can play for in a season we may be stuck with him or the cost of him.

I am sure we could get a replacement from Celtic, Kieran Tierney just signed a new contract and was supposedly joining with McMullan and has also some first team experience

To be fair yesterday was the best I've seen him play.

He's big strong and determined. I think his better than he is showing. A lot of English boys have been coached at a "Higher level" than our boys and are used to being told exactly what to do and playing with players than are doing exactly what they have been told. Too often yesterday he was making passes to players that were not there. and expecting cover where it was not coming from. I think this is also part of Howison's problem as well.

Once he's settled he may go on to do well.

How's that for happy clappingthumbup2.gif

Edited by insaintee

To be fair yesterday was the best I've seen him play.

He's big strong and determined. I think his better than he is showing. A lot of English boys have been coached at a "Higher level" than our boys and are used to being told exactly what to do and playing with players than are doing exactly what they have been told. Too often yesterday he was making passes to players that were not there. and expecting cover where it was not coming from. I think this is also part of Howison's problem as well.

Once he's settled he may go on to do well.

How's that for happy clappingthumbup2.gif

FFS!

Yes. Yes it is, as I said one game was enough! Not good enough out his depth!

I understand saying that he did not play well yesterday that is understandable, it was not a great performance by any stretch, but to go to such ludicrous extents of criticism towards a young player just starting out his St Mirren career is just absurd.

From what ive seen so far this season most of the goals we have conceded

have been on the right hand side off the pitch.

Yes certainly in competitive games that is the case. Rangers 2nd and 3rd came down our right as did Dumbartons 2nd. I think Berwick's goal was down the right side of our team as well.

I'd give him a chance, he doesn't look like a natural left full-back but a converted one.