Luke Conlan

So we should only express opinions that you agree with? That will make for some cracking debate then!

So we should only express opinions that you agree with? That will make for some cracking debate then!

Twisting things yet again. Quell surprise!!!

I asked the question... what do you hope that online abuse of a young player in our team will actually achieve?

Well?

Those who are openly criticising Conlan... what do you hope to achieve?

I have not so far openly criticised him - but so far he deserves plenty of this abuse. He has been the weakest link and Murray must share the blame for this. Why not bring him on in the reserves and on for 20 minutes as sub when it is appropriate. The lad is being thrown in at the deep end and is still learning to swim at this level.

What I would hope to achieve is to develop him slowly if indeed he has the talent to improve - in the meantime improving the team must be the primary objective :-

The answer is simple - get Kelly at LB sign a decent C-Back and sign some real goal scorers - then we might pick up a win or 2.

The number of shots on target Morton managed compared to us (even in the 1st half) - truly embarrassing how far we have fallen in such a short time.

Langfield - enormous improvement - Goodwin - a real driven pro. Watson - solid and competent

Maybe a pattern is immerging - the boys need better pro's to bring them on.

So how about some strikers that can score goals - that would be novel for us in recent seasons! Thomo will score goals if he gets some service and support - he was robbed of a good goal against the soap dodgers - but get someone right up there who can complete, win the ball, score and lay on some for him and our other badly needed new striker.

All good team get goals from several sources - usually all their front men - often 3 NOT 1

And you genuinely feel that online criticism and abuse will help "develop him slowly"?

Exactly, guys that come in on loan should be ready to compete at our level. Only team that are going to benefit developing him is Burnley! And our opposition of course...

Exactly, guys that come in on loan should be ready to compete at our level. Only team that are going to benefit developing him is Burnley! And our opposition of course...

So Dummett was a waste of a jersey then? Is that what you truly believe?

dummet was ready if you think he wasn't shows you are clueless he might not of been fantastic at the start but he was no where near as bad as conlan plus we are at a lower level and he has even looked poor against teams from lower leagues Edited by buddies1877

Twisting things yet again. Quell surprise!!!

I asked the question... what do you hope that online abuse of a young player in our team will actually achieve?

Well?

Ah I see! So now we cant comment on any player or manager even if they obviously arent up to the job. What is your suggestion reagrding players who are not competent, and if anyone should comment on it. I take it you would include manager, coaching staff, fellow players in your 'no comment' if you are not competent clause?

Ah I see! So now we cant comment on any player or manager even if they obviously arent up to the job. What is your suggestion reagrding players who are not competent, and if anyone should comment on it. I take it you would include manager, coaching staff, fellow players in your 'no comment' if you are not competent clause?

It is bad manners to answer a question with a question.

Thats actually the managers job which he ain't doing. He is supposed to shield his players from criticism by only playing them if they can do,the job.

Nonsense. You Implying that our manager is clairvoyant and knows how his players are going to by only playing them if they can do the job? I have seen Messi having a bad game and most other top stars. There is no guarantee that all players will perform on the day just like most other professions.

Murray will protect his players as much as he can but every player is open to criticism by fans and the media if they underperform. Conlon is still adjusting to playing in our team and I am sure he will come good. I trust Murray and Sean Dyke as to the quality of this young lad.

No, Dummett was clearly good enough for the level we were at, as overrated as he is.

Conlan hopefully is too, but if he isn't able to significantly improve his performances soon then there is no point putting up him all year just to allow Burnley to get the benefit next year. In short, if we are going to have shite, then it might as well be oor shite.

Nonsense. You Implying that our manager is clairvoyant and knows how his players are going to by only playing them if they can do the job? I have seen Messi having a bad game and most other top stars. There is no guarantee that all players will perform on the day just like most other professions.

Murray will protect his players as much as he can but every player is open to criticism by fans and the media if they underperform. Conlon is still adjusting to playing in our team and I am sure he will come good. I trust Murray and Sean Dyke as to the quality of this young lad.

em Adam drury springs to mind where's he now do you not trust pelligrini

As various posters have stated Ned,vand as you have so studiously avoided we are not in the business of paying a loanee to 'develop' in the hope that he may come good one day. Sensible managers take loanee's on as they should be good enough from the get go to perform in the team.. Conlon shouldnt be taking up a wage that we desperately need to spend a year learning then going back to Burnley.

We can develop our own players, and see them go off to other clubs with little or no return without bringing in more!

Edited by Lord Pityme

And you genuinely feel that online criticism and abuse will help "develop him slowly"?

Well telling him he is good or ready to play at this level is simply a lie.

Developing him is not the job of a fans forum! Murray should know better and start delivering with a team that is ready for this level before we fall even further behind.

Very few young lads get thrown straight in to a level above without it being as a sub for many games until they build up experience and confidence!

I wasn't impressed with Conlan in pre-season. However, I thought he got better as the game wore on against Dumbarton and looked ok against Morton until the sending off.

Dummett looked similarly poor in his early games for us, admittedly against better opposition.

I wasn't impressed with Conlan in pre-season. However, I thought he got better as the game wore on against Dumbarton and looked ok against Morton until the sending off.

Dummett looked similarly poor in his early games for us, admittedly against better opposition.

I thought he had a shocker against Dumbarton tbh. He hardly found a saints player with any of his passes, looked nervous and out of his depth.