The Stadium

Unfortunately Shull seeing as you try your best to start more threads than anyone else it is pretty difficult to avoid the ones started by you.

I think even you might understand that until you open a thread you don't know who started it.

Hundreds of people went to game today found there seat dirty moved to a clean seat end of story no big deal but not you.

Ejaculated at prospect of starting another meaningless thread.

More mess

• 3 weeks later...

Just a shame there's no atmosphere in the place!

Plenty atmosphere if we are creating chances, scoring and winning.

Far louder than Love Street ever was with equivalent attendance.

Couldn't hear North Bank from Main Stand.

I hate this ground now due to having to share the west stand with teams with small support. A few hundred away fans treated better than 1200 home fans due to issue of space, or lack of it under the stand and toilets. Feel sorry for the fans in wheelchairs who have only 1 disable toilet between them due to the club believing saving a handful of pennies is more importance than looking after your supporters. My mate didn't even get into the west stand yesterday due to be told it was full thumbdown.gif Plenty of empty seats in W1 so feel they just ran out of tickets and couldn't be arse printing more. Thank to a saint employee and the stewards I was able to join him in the south stand for the 2nd half, but the experience at the start has already piss me off and what I saw on the pitch made it worst sad.png

Plenty atmosphere if we are creating chances, scoring and winning.

Far louder than Love Street ever was with equivalent attendance.

Couldn't hear North Bank from Main Stand.

Now you really are talking nonsense, Love st was a super atmosphere, the new ground is hopeless, Broadwood Stadium and more acoustics than our ground ffs.

The atmosphere in the North Bank was great if one was in the middle of the North Bank.

Otherwise, Naw.

Even sitting at the Love Street end of the North Bank, the singing was barely audible.

Just my opinion.

The singing from the West Bank is great and loud when it gets going.

The Sons were in great voice yesterday and so are we when the going is good.

Yer erse. The ground is as lively as a morgue, even at the best of times.

When things were going well at the old ground you could feel the ground shaking.

Edited by stlucifer

Its been a few years now since the relocation. it ain't growing on me one bit.

Tye new place is not a good experience from a football supporting perspective imo. The depth to the stands is way too shallow, low rows are limiting in viewing perspective and the exposure to wind is terrible.

The good stuff, it's functional , it is clearly the correct capacity as in all the time since the move we have not sold out, it is liked by the media for its ease of broadcast enablement, its probably energy effiecient and compliant with current building regs, all good and relevant stuff.

Its not home for me though , maybe newer generations will enjoy the place without having the option of default of comparison with the Love street ground, the walk via the Wee Barrel the Cosmo blah de blah, nostalgic nonsense.

I know, just me , but a piece of the St Mirren fc I loved to support at games at Love street died when we moved, ironically on for a new life.

Edited by Seaside Nipper

I think it is a generational thing. If you grew up at Love Street then the new place is definitely not home and probably never will be, despite being better in terms of access and functionality.

The same as those who attended before seating was installed hanker after those days of swapping ends and standing for the whole game.

However my 8 year-old son who was never at Love street loves the new ground and will call it home as its all he's ever known.

Edited by ADMITCHELL

I think it is a generational thing. If you grew up at Love Street then the new place is definitely not home and probably never will be, despite being better in terms of access and functionality.

The same as those who attended before seating was installed hanker after those days of swapping ends and standing for the whole game.

However my 8 year-old son who was never at Love street loves the new ground and will call it home as its all he's ever known.

Love Street had better facilities for disabled supporters. Given it is a modern stadium, the current grounds falls woefully short in that regard.

I think individual season ticket seats should be binned. I'm in W4 in a great seat but I think allocated seats are a nonsense for us. If I am going to a game and I can persuade 3 or 4 lads to come along, it means you can't sit together or else you give up your own seat and that leaves a space. It also doesn't allow for future generations. If I had grandkids(God forbid)it would mean me moving seat to take them which is no big deal really but only one seat would become available amongst my friends which I think would make it hard to sell.

Why do we need specific seats for 2,500 season ticket holders in an 8,000 seater stadium. First come ,first served imo.

I think individual season ticket seats should be binned. I'm in W4 in a great seat but I think allocated seats are a nonsense for us. If I am going to a game and I can persuade 3 or 4 lads to come along, it means you can't sit together or else you give up your own seat and that leaves a space. It also doesn't allow for future generations. If I had grandkids(God forbid)it would mean me moving seat to take them which is no big deal really but only one seat would become available amongst my friends which I think would make it hard to sell.

Why do we need specific seats for 2,500 season ticket holders in an 8,000 seater stadium. First come ,first served imo.

Brave man.

I have said as much for years and you justify your thoughts very well... but prepare to be shot down by the myseatters.

Love Street had better facilities for disabled supporters. Given it is a modern stadium, the current grounds falls woefully short in that regard.

You are right there. Apart from having to sit in the rain there is only 1 toilet is available for them in the west stand when it is being shares. I am surprise the fans and their carers are not complaining to the club about this.

You are right there. Apart from having to sit in the rain there is only 1 toilet is available for them in the west stand when it is being shares. I am surprise the fans and their carers are not complaining to the club about this.

I suspect they might have done. Not sure what the response was.