The Stadium

Now you really are talking nonsense, Love st was a super atmosphere, the new ground is hopeless, Broadwood Stadium and more acoustics than our ground ffs.

It certainly was not.

Love Street was no better than what we have now.

As shull says, from the Family Stand, the North Bank was quiet.

I think individual season ticket seats should be binned. I'm in W4 in a great seat but I think allocated seats are a nonsense for us. If I am going to a game and I can persuade 3 or 4 lads to come along, it means you can't sit together or else you give up your own seat and that leaves a space. It also doesn't allow for future generations. If I had grandkids(God forbid)it would mean me moving seat to take them which is no big deal really but only one seat would become available amongst my friends which I think would make it hard to sell.

Why do we need specific seats for 2,500 season ticket holders in an 8,000 seater stadium. First come ,first served imo.

Those who want a specific seat reserved for their ST should have one. However, it should be an 'opt in', otherwise all tickets should be for be free seating.

It's astounding that the old ground get's such praise.

Sure there were some glorious nights/days but there were plenty of shite

Must be a "loss of memory" thing................

I happen to believe the new ground gets such negative comments is because we've had such little success, nothing to do with the ground.

Such little success, other than winning only the 4th major trophy in the club's history plus reaching another major final, a number of seasons in the top flight, finishing in the highest league position in a quarter of a century and our biggest win over Celtic in the league in 115 years?

:1eye

Such little success, other than winning only the 4th major trophy in the club's history plus reaching another major final, a number of seasons in the top flight, finishing in the highest league position in a quarter of a century and our biggest win over Celtic in the league in 115 years?

:1eye

And at that Celtic game, the atmosphere was immense! Loud, passionate, and certainly comparable to the best days at Love Street. As it was with the Christmas eve victory over the other of the ugly sisters! :)

1eye.gif

What are the win/loss/draw stats at our new home?

Must have missed us winning the 4th major trophy at home. 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Thanks. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

What are the win/loss/draw stats at our new home?

Must have misses us winning the 4th major trophy at home. 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Thanks. lol.gif

You tell me the stats and you can compare them to the stats at Love Street. Its YOU who is making the claim that we haven't been successful at the new ground!

The FACTS that I have highlighted quite clearly show that the time at our new ground has been one of the most successful era's in the club's entire history. :1eye

Your comment about not winning the major trophy at the new ground is stupid as every club wins their major trophy finals at neutral venues. We were based at the new ground when we won that trophy and won a tie at the new ground en route.

You make some completely ridiculous posts but the last 2 take the biscuit.

You clearly need to read up on the history of the club.

Edited by nosferatu

You tell me the stats and you can compare them to the stats at Love Street. Its YOU who is making the claim that we haven't been successful at the new ground!

The FACTS that I have highlighted quite clearly show that the time at our new ground has been one of the most successful era's in the club's entire history. 1eye.gif

Your comment about not winning the major trophy at the new ground is stupid as every club wins their major trophies at neutral venues. We were based at the new ground when we won that trophy and won a tie at the nee ground en route.

You make some completely ridiculous posts but the last 2 take the biscuit.

You clearly need to read up on the history of the club.

REALLY upset this morning. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Somebody remind this trumpet of the thread title. bangin.gif

Clearly not reading OTHER posts, aww diddums. laugh.png

bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

REALLY upset this morning. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Somebody remind this trumpet of the thread title. bangin.gif

bye1.gif

You can tell when faraway has lost a debate when his reply starts to fill up with smileys.

The title of the thread is 'stadium'.

You said we've achieved little success at the new stadium.

I have pointed out that, quite apart from our success in major trophies, our league record at the new ground, is up there with the most successful in the club's entire history.

Only a spell in the 1920s and the period from late 70s to late 80s were better. And there wont be many Saints fans left from the 20s and many wont even remember the 80s.

You are completely wrong. As usual.

Edited by nosferatu

You can tell when faraway has lost a debate when his reply starts to fill up with smileys.

The title of the thread is 'stadium'.

You said we've achieved little success at the new stadium.

I have pointed out that, quite apart from our success in major trophies, our league record at the new ground, is up there with the most successful in the club's entire history.

Only a spell in the 1920s and the period from late 70s to late 80s were better. And there wont be many Saints fans left from the 20s and many wont even remember the 80s.

You are completely wrong. As usual.

^^^^^^^^^^^ All because I called you a fud. lol.gif

Truth hurts, obviously. bye1.gif

I think individual season ticket seats should be binned. I'm in W4 in a great seat but I think allocated seats are a nonsense for us. If I am going to a game and I can persuade 3 or 4 lads to come along, it means you can't sit together or else you give up your own seat and that leaves a space. It also doesn't allow for future generations. If I had grandkids(God forbid)it would mean me moving seat to take them which is no big deal really but only one seat would become available amongst my friends which I think would make it hard to sell.

Why do we need specific seats for 2,500 season ticket holders in an 8,000 seater stadium. First come ,first served imo.

Spot on.

The ability to impulsively attend a game is halted in its tracks with this ST seating specific baws, especially as two thirds of the place is empty. Fire regs my arse. I can recall at least half a dozen times when this reason saw a group of us stay in the pub , whilst a couple of others ( rightly proud ST holders ) went to the game......... reluctantly it has to be said. whistling.gif

Some stewards and their dogmatic bluster dont help in this regard either, some flexibility in the seating can surely be offered, common sense it seems is abandoned upon approach to the ground.

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Spot on.

The ability to impulsively attend a game is halted in its tracks with this ST seating specific baws, especially as two thirds of the place is empty. Fire regs my arse. I can recall at least half a dozen times when this reason saw a group of us stay in the pub , whilst a couple of others ( rightly proud ST holders ) went to the game......... reluctantly it has to be said. whistling.gif

Some stewards and their dogmatic bluster dont help in this regard either, some flexibility in the seating can surely be offered, common sense it seems is abandoned upon approach to the ground.

If two thirds of the Stadium is empty, what is the problem getting seats together with your pals ?

Group walks into Stadium, preferably at kick off time, sees empty seats then they aw sit doon.

Simple

If two thirds of the Stadium is empty, what is the problem getting seats together with your pals ?

Group walks into Stadium, preferably at kick off time, sees empty seats then they aw sit doon.

Simple

Stewards have intervened on several occasions to prevent this in the past, seriously, you couldn't make this up, I wish I was. Seemingly rools is rools.

Its a nonsense

Take away the atmosphere side of things... The view is rubbish.

A soulless grey box of a stadium sadly.

That simple.

Too many seats have a piss poor view of the action.

I really like the new ground - and that's from someone who was there in the pre-seating days in the old North Bank.

But this is a very good point.

We've got seats in the very back row at the middle of the west stand - so probably best view you can get - and while it's good, if you're much nearer the front the view is poor.

Much as I'd hate to have a two-sided stadium like the Accies, and I think the raised stands look a bit weird, from a view perspective if everything was raised 10 feet views all round would be miles better - and we'd have loads more room under the stands.

Oh.... and filled in corners :-)

Why do people moan about everything.

I've a great idea why don't we knock it down and build a nice stadium where we will win all the time? We can build it nice an high with great views.

Or why not live in the real world and realise this is our stadium lets get used to it and be proud of it. All the greeting in the world won't change a thing.