This Seasons Captain

I hope and personally think Carswell would be my choice, thompson was shocking last season and looked like a huffy selfish c**t that didn't care about anybody else, he's had his chance and he won't last this season as he is done.

Carswell for me, Murray rates him very highly.

I hope and personally think Carswell would be my choice, thompson was shocking last season and looked like a huffy selfish c**t that didn't care about anybody else, he's had his chance and he won't last this season as he is done.

Carswell for me, Murray rates him very highly.

Have you cleared the starting of this Thread with Ronnie & Dumbartonsaint ?

Frankly, given the way Thompson led the line today; winning everything in the air, holding the ball off until others got into place to receive it, scoring one, almost scoring 2 others (one only prevented by Cameron's hand ball on the line), all the time constantly talking to and encouraging and cajoling those around him, I can't see the need for his topic. We have our captain and no need to even consider a change.

Frankly, given the way Thompson led the line today; winning everything in the air, holding the ball off until others got into place to receive it, scoring one, almost scoring 2 others (one only prevented by Cameron's hand ball on the line), all the time constantly talking to and encouraging and cajoling those around him, I can't see the need for his topic. We have our captain and no need to even consider a change.

Good post.

Some people have an agenda and won't let the facts get in the way of it.

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by TopCat

JJ, you should have more respect for what Thommo has done for us. If his legs have gone as you say, what's that got to do with being Club Captain? He will still be a great influence in the dressing room. He gives his all every match, unlike your precious Carey did. You bleat on about how a true Legend like Thommo is useless, yet you worship fat wasters like Carey

Undoubtedly Thommo, Sean Kelly for me as vice captain though. He has matured and came along leaps and bounds as a player in his favoured position.

A key player in a key position for us now. Give the young lad a chance to prove himself and he'll be captain next season. Fantastic defender and potential leader.

Age is but a number.

Edited by youngbud1877

Unless there are more experienced players coming in, with one of them taking the armband , then Goodwin should be captain. Fit as a fiddle , and a mentor for all the wee boys. If we're going with todays team into the League campaign then I have serious worries !

You must sit pretty close to me mate as that's exactly how I saw it today.

Unless there are more experienced players coming in, with one of them taking the armband , then Goodwin should be captain. Fit as a fiddle , and a mentor for all the wee boys. If we're going with todays team into the League campaign then I have serious worries !

100% agree with that last paragraph.

100% agree with that last paragraph.

Goodwin or Kelly for me, simply because I feel it's harder for a captain to influence a match from up top or in goals. I'd usually go with a centre half or centre mid as the skipper.

I've not complaints about Thommo being skipper though, he's clearly a huge character and someone young players would look up to but for me, Jim is just everything you want in a skipper and a dying breed in that there is no primadonna tendencies about him. His moment yesterday when he made an arse of the pass from a throw in and could laugh at himself and with the crowd summed him up and shows why we still need him at the club.

Did Thommo pump your burd or something? You seem to be banging on about him being "finished" in every other thread. We played our first game of the season, he scored a goal, had another cleared off the line by a hand ball and won most things in the air all day. Thommo is our captain and is a great player to have in our squad for the season ahead.