Boys Or Men?

Boys v Men  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please feel free to express your opinion on how you think we should be lining up for a battling league campaign, in a difficult league.

Will a very young defence and defensive midfield be capable of getting us into at least a play off spot over the course of the season, or do we still need experience and battlers in there to help develop the youth?

Please feel free to express your opinion on how you think we should be lining up for a battling league campaign, in a difficult league.

Will a very young defence and defensive midfield be capable of getting us into at least a play off spot over the course of the season, or do we still need experience and battlers in there to help develop the youth?

I think we will know better after the Rangers game when challenged by good players. Jack and Sean have done really well and look skilful but we have lost a couple of easy goals down the middle. Personally, I think an experienced centre half would make us stronger.

I think we will have a decent season. I don't think we will have a league winning season as rangers will be head and shoulders above everyone given resources to them and not having mcoist, McDowal and mccall in charge.

3rd place and play off finals will show we are men not boys.

Edited by exiledfan

What a strange poll...

I'd rather we played players because of their ability.

Playing lots of games doesn't mean your a good player, nor does being a 'youth academy' mean that you should be played.

Our defense is poor, and I'd rather not start any games with potentially 3 players that failed to keep a clean sheet for how many games last season?

Would have Goodwin in midfield infront of the centre backs and next to carswell, carswell is good but against what looks like a good rangers team they'll kill him if he's left on his own! Even dropping thompson for the start to put goodwin in the side and put mallan or agnew in the "false 9" role with morgan and mcmullan getting in behind and seeing how it goes then bring thompson on later in the game! If we have any chance of getting a result at ibrox we need to hit them on the counter and hit the fast none of this passing back pish!!! Forward and direct there defence looked shaky at times against hibs and thats something we should be jumping on!

Our first choice central defence pairing is Baird and Kelly, and unless we get somebody else in that wont change. our first choice holding mid pairing is Agnew and Carswell, and unless we get somebody else in that won't change either. JG is just going to have to get used to warming the bench.

ETA - I say "Our", obviously by that I mean "Ian Murray's"

Edited by Mykey

Our first choice central defence pairing is Baird and Kelly, and unless we get somebody else in that wont change. our first choice holding mid pairing is Agnew and Carswell, and unless we get somebody else in that won't change either. JG is just going to have to get used to warming the bench.

ETA - I say "Our", obviously by that I mean "Ian Murray's"

But do you think its right?

Its obvious Murray doesnt rate Goodwin, i cant help feeling he is cutting his nose off to spite his face, time will tell?

I think that Goodwin, like Thommo is reaching an age when their game is in decline and there will be a cut off point where somebody younger will be a better pick. Thommo is a cleverer football player than Godwin and therefor can put off that cut off point because pace is less crucial if your mind works quicker or better. Neither Kelly or Goodwin can play on the right side of defence so really the question is Kelly or Goodwin, for what it's worth I'd pick Kelly.

I agree with Murray, u know our manager?, he will use Goodwin, but no no no no, not against pace. Jim not only doesn't like pace, he tends to destroy it. Must be great to be in so many eyes on here that JG is some sort of hero. Maybe if he had spent more time on the pitch we may be playing St Johnstone.

Oh and Elvis- Do me a favour- go back to dead. If your that scared then away and support Chelsea.

But do you think its right?

Its obvious Murray doesnt rate Goodwin, i cant help feeling he is cutting his nose off to spite his face, time will tell?

What evidence is there for that? Leaving him out of the starting line-up against Berwick?!

If he didn't rate Goodwin at all, he wouldn't have came on as a sub on Saturday. Just because he lists him as a sub, doesn't mean he doesn't rate him. It's a squad game.

What evidence is there for that? Leaving him out of the starting line-up against Berwick?!

If he didn't rate Goodwin at all, he wouldn't have came on as a sub on Saturday. Just because he lists him as a sub, doesn't mean he doesn't rate him. It's a squad game.

squad is the word,and as long as murray uses the squad to its full potential ,game by game then sometimes it needs tweeked or someone else playing a specific role for certain games that would seem sensible ,im not a Goodwin supporter but it we are paying his wages we are as well using him in some capacity,before people start ranting about how good certain players were on Saturday we have to realise this was a league 2 side who took the lead and carved us open on more than a couple of occasions,and the same players were very disappointing the week before v bradford

He hasn't even been played in some of the friendlies so go figure! Or show us the evidence he isn't being sidelined!!!