Annan Athletic V St Mirren - Challenge Cup Round 2

TopCat

Posted some info on the other thread but will copy it over here incase anyone has missed it.

Galabank is a nice wee ground. There's a stand with about 400 seats (I think) and the two ends were standing areas when I was last there, although I think they've put crush barriers in one of the ends now. The side across from the stand has nothing but a fence, no space for spectators. It's a 3G pitch so that's a ready made excuse. Perhaps the most important thing is they have a social club.

By all means go to Gretna if you wish but you're as well leaving the motorway earlier than that and taking the road that brings you into the town past the ground. Annan is one of the few places down here that has a train station, although there's only about one an hour to Glasgow and it'll take a couple of hours. There's a wee bit of car parking space just behind one of the goals which folk use when they're walking their dogs, although given the time of the game it's more likely a different type of dogging will be going on...

Posted some info on the other thread but will copy it over here incase anyone has missed it.

Galabank is a nice wee ground. There's a stand with about 400 seats (I think) and the two ends were standing areas when I was last there, although I think they've put crush barriers in one of the ends now. The side across from the stand has nothing but a fence, no space for spectators. It's a 3G pitch so that's a ready made excuse. Perhaps the most important thing is they have a social club.

By all means go to Gretna if you wish but you're as well leaving the motorway earlier than that and taking the road that brings you into the town past the ground. Annan is one of the few places down here that has a train station, although there's only about one an hour to Glasgow and it'll take a couple of hours. There's a wee bit of car parking space just behind one of the goals which folk use when they're walking their dogs, although given the time of the game it's more likely a different type of dogging will be going on...

Didnt they make a small terrace opposite the main stand ? & they covered the South end beside the social club about two or three years ago.

Away fans are usually in the North terrace ( i use the word terrace loosely ) I`ve been in Galabank a few times , it was a tidy wee ground when i was last in about 10 years ago & i believe they have spent quite a few bob on it over the years.

Didnt they make a small terrace opposite the main stand ? & they covered the South end beside the social club about two or three years ago.

Away fans are usually in the North terrace ( i use the word terrace loosely ) I`ve been in Galabank a few times , it was a tidy wee ground when i was last in about 10 years ago & i believe they have spent quite a few bob on it over the years.

They hadn't when I was there, although that was a couple of years ago. I don't think there's any space since they installed the 3G as it's pretty much a fence right beside the edge of the pitch. There wasn't segregation when I was there so no idea what that will be like.

It's Annan v Queens in the League Cup this weekend and I imagine someone from work will be covering it so I'll ask him next week what there is in terms of terracing and segregation.

Edited by Stu

There is now covered terracing beside what I was told is the clubhouse (:lol:) but you don't want to go there apparently as that's where the Annan Young Team hang out :lol: There is no spectator area down the touchline across from the main stand which is where the dugouts are.

Mate says Rangers usually got the uncovered terracing behind one of the goals and part of the main stand so we'll probably get the same. Also confirmed 3G signal is crap so not going to be fun for anyone trying to tweet the game.

Been to the ground a few times it's tiny it's ok if the pub/mainstand/pavilion/chainging room/players lounge/Bungalow type thing is open and serving alcohol!

One stand mixed no segregation and capacity is only about 2600!

Mybe about 200 seats!

The Pubs in town are shite!

There's a wee poolhall/Bar on the way to the ground can't remember the name about the best on offer!

There is a great wee sit in Chippy bang in the middle of the high street!

The Local inhabitants are a mixture of Ned Bam where as the woman are slappers buy us a drink! Oh and meet my boyfriend! Don't worry he doesn't mind! Because he's my Brother! Type charchters!

There is a Train station but be warned it's like a Rail Journey to list of Scotlands worsts dives! Cummnock and Sanquhar particular stand outs it takes about 3 and a half hours!

Having said that got a St.Mirren supporting mate who lives just outside town so I will be going!