Annan Athletic V St Mirren - Challenge Cup Round 2

TopCat

This is my problem with Murray. You can't wait for players to make a mistake before they get dropped at the end if they day that mistake could cost us promotion

We need to play our best team on Friday no matter what. Langfeild is out number 1 end of

Couldnt agree more, Langfield behind, and Goodwin in front of our defence gave it much needed experience, organisation and communication that settled it down. To go into Friday without either would be madness, as would the rest of the season unless Murray recruits credible alternatives?

I thought Langfield was fantastic, not just for his goalkeeping but the way he talked to his defence and his distribution of the ball was really fantastic. Prefers his left foot but can also use his right, he also set up two attacks from throw outs over halfway. One resulted in a desperate challenge on McMullen where a yellow card was issued.

As for Gow, cut him some slack he is our player and if he is to improve he needs encouragement not stick. He scored our winner which some seem to forget.

Langfield must start on Friday. No offence to Ridgers but aside from the two brilliant stops, Langfield was vocal, had good command of the box and was constantly reassuring the team in front of him.

Even at the penalty, he clearly shouted three times that there were two unmarked men hovering in front of him before Goodwin made the foul. He was constantly trying toake his defence more aware and we need exactly that. Ridgers is painfully quiet.

Terrible ground, McMullan on as a sub, takes the ball past a guy and is hacked down when he was well past the guy, similar tackle 5 minutes later, sums up Annan. If Jim Goodwin had made those tackles he would have been red carded for either of them. Wont be unhappy if thats the last time we have to go to that dump.

Cant agree with that. I thought it was clean , tidy & in a really good state of repair (Firhill anyone ?)

Still dont like astro for pro matches tho`.

Cant agree with that. I thought it was clean , tidy & in a really good state of repair (Firhill anyone ?)

Still dont like astro for pro matches tho`.

I agree however the one thing that let it down was only 2 Portolos for the away end. Not really good enough. Edited by Kendo

One thing I heard him say to his defence "I think it could have been Kelly but not sure". Langfield came for a ball which was an easy pick up for him and shouted for it, however it was cleared for a corner.

He said guys you need to trust me when I shout please believe in me or words to that effect. Really good communication skills, Ridgers can learn a lot from him.

Langfield must start on Friday. No offence to Ridgers but aside from the two brilliant stops, Langfield was vocal, had good command of the box and was constantly reassuring the team in front of him.

Even at the penalty, he clearly shouted three times that there were two unmarked men hovering in front of him before Goodwin made the foul. He was constantly trying toake his defence more aware and we need exactly that. Ridgers is painfully quiet.

I would have Langfield in the team too but Murray said afterwards that Ridgers would be back for Friday as he hasn't done anything wrong. He also said he's already noticed Ridgers upping his game in training since Langfield came in.

I would have Langfield in the team too but Murray said afterwards that Ridgers would be back for Friday as he hasn't done anything wrong. He also said he's already noticed Ridgers upping his game in training since Langfield came in.

Jesus christ, starting to have serious doubts about Murray.

Play Ridgers and we are giving Morton a goal head start.

A win is a win, is a win. I want our figures to read something like WWDLWWWLD.... Not LLLDLLDWLL...

So, congratulations to IM & MS & SMFC for their first W.

Gie's another one on Friday.

So the 3-1 victory over Berwick doesn't count then....?

Jesus christ, starting to have serious doubts about Murray.

Play Ridgers and we are giving Morton a goal head start.

Are u serious about the serious!!

Murray has played 4 competitive matches and has a 50% win record, a defeat to Sevco we incidentally are the only team to run them close.

Give the guy a chance, what do you expect Kemp ? Stubbs had a poor start last year as did Houston. Murray is highly regarded and he will deliver

19th August 2015- Ok. Not Jan 2016. If he maintains 50% we will be 2nd in League

Well his two wins have been against fourth tier opponents. We can hardly use them as a gauge for how the league campaign is going to go.

A win is a win, tell that to Falkirk and Sons who lost to inferior. Just saying TC its a bit early for a new manager, new players , new systems, new coaching to gel unless your Sevco who can just buy success at this level

Thought we poor in the first half last night. Passing was terrible. Don't think Mallan passed to a Saints player the whole of the 1st half. But we done much better in the 2nd half. Goody was excellent and Jordan Stewart. Thought Langfield was superb. Good wee trip to Annan good ground for them. Good luck to them the rest of the season. Coys

This thread is an absolute belter. Reading back over some of the comments it's a textbook example of the knee-jerk reaction, lack of patience & myopic view for which a number of Saints supporters have become renowned. It's fúcking hilarious at times. thumbup2.gif

This thread is an absolute belter. Reading back over some of the comments it's a textbook example of the knee-jerk reaction, lack of patience & myopic view for which a number of Saints supporters have become renowned. It's fúcking hilarious at times. thumbup2.gif

Stop reading your own posts........................although mines are hilarious right enough. tongue.png