Andy Webster

billymehmet1

maybe a good target, there are only 2 weeks left in this window and he might come to us if he cant get another club

seems we are a soft touch for ex-rangers veterans just now-remind me again of the manager's provenance. Does he have rangers on his CV?

Just asking

Who are our ex-Rangers veterans? I can only assume that you are referring to Gow - who was brought in by Teale, albeit Murray kept him on.

I thought everyone was greetin' about a lack of experience in the squad, in any event.

Edit - F'cking phone!

Edited by Drew

Murray is a diehard Hibby, and once had '7-1' shaved into his head for a derby game against Hearts. He did play for Rangers for a short time, but I seriously doubt that he gives a monkey's about where players used to play when he's considering whether they would be useful signings.

maybe a good target, there are only 2 weeks left in this window and he might come to us if he cant get another club

seems we are a soft touch for ex-rangers veterans just now-remind me again of the manager's provenance. Does he have rangers on his CV?

Just asking

Trialist J. Greig rumoured to be on the team sheet tonight.

C. Jackson.... Waiting in the wings... Literally..! Then if they don't work out Goodwin will almost definitely, mibbaes get on for the dying embers.

COYSV!

Come on you sevco Vets!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Just asking

He can sign for anyone at any time as a free agent so the window has nothing to do with it.

Just asking

With the greatest respect, what a load of pish.

Just because someone has a big club on their cv, you're small minded enough to think that's going to cloud their judgement? Ex Rangers players at the club are Thompson (St Mirren legend) and Gow (brought in by Teale). We also have young Gallagher, but I'm sure you're not referring to him as a veteran.

Time to lose the paranoia.

Just telling.

Just because someone has a big club on their cv, you're small minded enough to think that's going to cloud their judgement? Ex Rangers players at the club are Thompson (St Mirren legend) and Gow (brought in by Teale). We also have young Gallagher, but I'm sure you're not referring to him as a veteran.

Just telling.

Correct.

A fit Andy Webster would be a no brainer for a club at our level. As far as his "come and get me" interview, he'd be an idiot not to want to evaluate all his options thoroughly before making any decision.

Just telling.

Indeed.

There really is some preposterous drivel posted on here. Lovestreet's rumours have greater substance to them than this surreal mind-fart.

Indeed.

There really is some preposterous drivel posted on here. Lovestreet's rumours have greater substance to them than this surreal mind-fart.

Old new. Lovestreet broke the Webo story weeks ago to those in the know

ETA Webzo obviously

Edited by insaintee

Just telling.

Correct.

A fit Andy Webster would be a no brainer for a club at our level. As far as his "come and get me" interview, he'd be an idiot not to want to evaluate all his options thoroughly before making any decision.

Whilst I agree about Webster understandably looking to ply his trade in the top league, it's time we stopped being such a soft touch. The contract has presumably been on the table for a few days now. Give him until the end of the week to make a decision and if none is forthcoming, take it away, thank him for his time and move on. We've a little under two weeks to secure our targets and I really, really hope we have a contingency plan if the main targets don't come up trumps.

No matter how many times managers change and personnel change, there is always a constant in that we always seem to be nice, cuddly St. Mirren.

Edited by djchapsticks

Whilst I agree about Webster understandably looking to ply his trade in the top league, it's time we stopped being such a soft touch. The contract has presumably been on the table for a few days now. Give him until the end of the week to make a decision and if none is forthcoming, take it away, thank him for his time and move on. We've a little under two weeks to secure our targets and I really, really hope we have a contingency plan if the main targets don't come up trumps.

No matter how many times managers change and personnel change, there is always a constant in that we always seem to be nice, cuddly St. Mirren.

I dunno if there have been any formal talks as of yet. Think we'll know one way or the other by the weekend.

We really need someone like Webster to come in to help the young lads, especially if the likes of Cuddihy and Stewart are going to get regular run outs.

I'd actually feel a bit more confident with our defence being so young with Langfield behind them. Anyone standing behind the goal at Annan last night will tell you he's constantly on at the defence and the deep lying midfield players, and speaks to them with real authority. Webster would add a bit more of that outfield, which could only be a good thing, but I was impressed with Langfield last night, think he could be a very good signing for us.