La Vuelta 2015 - Can "unloved" Froomy Do The Double?

Bud the Baker

Interesting stuff, today. In tour de Britain.

Not impressed by the commentary team, though.

The Jock.... Who is he? Sounds like a Highlander...

I didnae know they did biking.... unsure.png

There have been a couple of great cyclists who came from up north . .

The late great Jason McIntyre came from Fort William. .however , he was sponsored by a very successful Paisley cycling firm. .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_MacIntyre

Edited by saintnextlifetime

There have been a couple of great cyclists who came from up north . .

The late great Jason McIntyre came from Fort William. .however , he was sponsored by a very successful Paisley cycling firm. .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_MacIntyre

And, it seems, I regularly drive past the spot at which he was killed. And there's supposed to be a ghost bike, there. I don't recall it.

So... Do you know the "Heelan" commentator on the UK tour?

And, it seems, I regularly drive past the spot at which he was killed. And there's supposed to be a ghost bike, there. I don't recall it.

So... Do you know the "Heelan" commentator on the UK tour?

The Scotsman is Brian Smith , I never realised he was heelan right enough as he comes from Gallowhill in Paisley and I never knew that was in the f**ken heelans ., .

I yes I do know him , I have raced against him, once . His whole family were members of the JWCC when I was in it. .

The bit that rises over the railway line. There's been a few times I've had to stop in at the tappit hen for a few refreshments to recover.

Right enough. Paisley's Rest And Be Thankful. Used to go to the Tappit Hen nearly every Sunday in the bad old days when it was hard to get a drink on the Sabbath.

Guest TPAFKATS

Is there an uphill bit on Renfrew Road anywhere? I once walked from The Ferry Inn to Glenburn when I was pissed. So pissed I've no idea how long it took me.

Are we talking in terms of hours or days?

Are we talking in terms of hours or days?

Dunno. It was in the early 70's and I think shutting time was 10 o'clock. Not sure. Walked up to Broadloan with my first wife's brother in law, then headed on meaning to wave down a taxi but I forgot. I said Glenburn earlier but it was actually Corsebar Drive where I lived I was heading to. Got a bit mixed up with Glenburn where I was brought up. I woke up in a shelter in Brodie Park at six in the morning so nearly made it. Got home to a hellish row and a week of hell. I've rode many a bike but wasn't up to it that night. Not in any sense.

Ouch that was tough on Dumoulin - after going 3200km with the GC contenders he cracked on the penultimate mountain and dropped to 6th place.

Wee Kanga back in red, tomorrow will be the traditional lap of honour as the race finishes in Madrid.

What did we learn - that it'll take a hard, hard jobby to win two consecutive grand tours in the same year.

Congrats to all the winners and to Adam Hansen who is 55th. Respect to all the riders who took part even those who didn't finish and a special round of applause to Big Tam clap.gif for making it a helluva race. clap.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker