The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

If you go with the posters on here who believe we will get nothing out of eight games with Sevco and Hibs.... Then games against anyone else are must win to have a slight chance. Having poached their manager, and he in turn poaching who he bleives was their starplayer.... Are you really saying we shouldnt expect to beat them..?

Wheres the belief?

I believe we can win the league

I dont believe we will lose all 8 games to rankgers or hibs

I believe we should go into every game thinking we will win (or whats the point)

and I believe if you read my post again you will see that i stated i would be glad if we keep a clean sheet to boost confidence

I believe we can win the league

I dont believe we will lose all 8 games to rankgers or hibs

I believe we should go into every game thinking we will win (or whats the point)

and I believe if you read my post again you will see that i stated i would be glad if we keep a clean sheet to boost confidence

Agreed. But the bit that gets me, and this is not just your posts, is the continual reference to "we need to consolidate, re-build, maybe a couple of seasons to build a squad that can get promoted"

Hearts didn't do that, Ross County, Hamilton and Dundee have proven you don't need to, and you haven't got time to do that... They shuffle most of their squads each season. If Murray, Gilmour etc have that attitude "maybe in a couple of seasons its more realistic" then they wont get out of this league the direction we want to..!

Someone, somewhere in St Mirren-Time has to have belief, and convince everyone else that it is possible whoever is in your league..!

Agreed. But the bit that gets me, and this is not just your posts, is the continual reference to "we need to consolidate, re-build, maybe a couple of seasons to build a squad that can get promoted"

Hearts didn't do that, Ross County, Hamilton and Dundee have proven you don't need to, and you haven't got time to do that... They shuffle most of their squads each season. If Murray, Gilmour etc have that attitude "maybe in a couple of seasons its more realistic" then they wont get out of this league the direction we want to..!

Someone, somewhere in St Mirren-Time has to have belief, and convince everyone else that it is possible whoever is in your league..!

How many teams have went down and have been down for many years?

Usual selective choice to back up his current and sad, campaign.

Hearts, Dundee and Ross Cunty all had money people allowing their respective managers to strengthen their squads. We haven't and don't have millionaires ready to plow cash in. Hamilton were down on the lower leagues for a number of years and rebuilt around a core of excellent players - many now plying their trade in the EPL.

There is no simple short term solution after a lot of money went paying off managers and player contracts so it is pointless to accuse some on here who are a bit more realistic in our chances this season. We all want the team to do well but this is a period of stability with a cut in money from the drop plus living within our means. I believe we will challenge for a play off spot but unlikely to win the league with a stronger Rangers in it. Just being realistic and would love to be proved wrong re winning the league.

Edited by nedflanders123

Concerned to say it but I agree with Lord Looney. Inverness and St Johnstone also came down and bounced back up to the top half of the SPL. This talk of consolidating for seasons is as ridiculous as it is dangerous.

Get stuck down for a couple of years and the rot sets in...like Falkirk, or Partick Thistle before them....or St Mirren of the 90s.

Falkirk, QOS, Raith are all pish. Hibs look a bit pish too. We should be taking Rangers on for the title.

Concerned to say it but I agree with Lord Looney. Inverness and St Johnstone also came down and bounced back up to the top half of the SPL. This talk of consolidating for seasons is as ridiculous as it is dangerous.

Get stuck down for a couple of years and the rot sets in...like Falkirk, or Partick Thistle before them....or St Mirren of the 90s.

Falkirk, QOS, Raith are all pish. Hibs look a bit pish too. We should be taking Rangers on for the title.

Those two clubs didn't have Rangers and Hibs in the league. Explain how we compete with a club attracting 12 x our home support, have a millionaire benefactor and pay higher wages for better quality players? They are not unbeatable but have you forgotten the horrendous season just gone and that we have less money to bring in and pay for better quality players? Yet, you expect us to suddenly be challenging for the title? We have not even completed our squad rebuilding and let's not write Hibs, Falkirk or any other team off yet.

I don't think we can win the league but I do expect to get to the playoffs!

Sevco will win the league we will take points off them and Hibs over the course of the season.

I don't think the Team we have this season is worse than the one we had last season in the premier. We still have spaces to fill and the manager still says he needs 4 player's a Central defender a Goalkeeper another young striker and some cover on the left.

If we get these player's RIGHT I expect us to finish in second behind Servco and ahead of Hibs!

St Johnstone's bounce back took 7 years.

Those two clubs didn't have Rangers and Hibs in the league. Explain how we compete with a club attracting 12 x our home support, have a millionaire benefactor and pay higher wages for better quality players? They are not unbeatable but have you forgotten the horrendous season just gone and that we have less money to bring in and pay for better quality players? Yet, you expect us to suddenly be challenging for the title? We have not even completed our squad rebuilding and let's not write Hibs, Falkirk or any other team off yet.

I'm not disputing Rangers are strong favourites, however we have a squad with plenty top flight experience and we are the 3rd biggest club in the league. Its laughable to say we should expect to finish behind Queen of the South or Falkirk. If we went with your level of ambition we would never have been promoted in the first place.

Rangers have spent 70m quid to get through the part time leagues. Dont underestimate their ability to f**k it up again.

Who will be in Goals, Mykey?

I would guess that Langfield will only start training with the squad today or tomorrow so probably Ridgers on Saturday but after that probably Langfield (I reserve the right to change this opinion at any time)

I think if Thommo had stuck the penalty away last Friday, we could have gone and won the game as Sevco would have cacked it. We're up against it this year but there's every reason, with a couple more additions in the right areas, that we could mount a serious challenge as Hibs are gash.

I'm not disputing Rangers are strong favourites, however we have a squad with plenty top flight experience and we are the 3rd biggest club in the league. Its laughable to say we should expect to finish behind Queen of the South or Falkirk. If we went with your level of ambition we would never have been promoted in the first place.

Rangers have spent 70m quid to get through the part time leagues. Dont underestimate their ability to f**k it up again.

This is ambition v reality. We do not have a squad with plenty of top flight football if you take the youngsters out. Still, are we a bigger club than Falkirk?

At no time did I say we should finish behind Falkirk and QOS but there is a possibility that could happen. Our management team and playing staff have to be ambitious, whether we have a squad good enough only time will tell. As I have said, I will wait until the squad is complete and we play the first quarter to establish how good we are v the other 8 team we have to play.

Lastly, ambition has nothing to do with any fan. It is the club who set out the ambition and WE, as fans have expectations. I have always gone into every season positive minded as I have with this season. I am, however, realistic that our squad is not as strong as in previous seasons and as such it may take more than one season to get back up. I may be wrong (hopefully) and we go back up but the damage caused by the last 2 seasons mismanagement will take time to get right.

This is a real potential bannana skin, we must remain patient on Saturday and get right behind the players if we do this i am confident we can win by at least a couple of goals, interesting to see Ladbrokes have us as 1/3 to win which is terrible odds, may have a flutter on Dumbarton +2 goals @ 4/6, therefore would be happy with a scrappy 1nil win to get off and running.

How many teams have went down and have been down for many years?

Usual selective choice to back up his current and sad, campaign.

That's kinda his point... :1eye

You need to try and get out of this league as quickly as possible or it becomes harder and harder.

Our problem this season is having The Rangers in the league. It means we are very unlikely to win the league.

However, with 3 other play off spots up for grabs, we should certainly be aiming for the play offs. And if we are in the play offs then we will surely be attempting to win them?

As the Lord says, you can't build teams these days. There is a huge turnover of players at every club every close season.

You have to take each season on a stand alone basis and do the best you possibly can. You can't look any further than that. You can't look to "consolidate" or "build".

If we have a front line of McMullan, Thompson, Gallagher and possibly Shankland and they all leave at the end of the season and we haven't won promotion, then how on earth can that be considered "consolidation"?

We'll be rebuilding again all over again next close season...