The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

One thing I do notice, despite the bleating about a reduced budget and inability to sign this player or that, it hasnt stopped Saints charging £20 a skull for a second tier match against Dumbarton.

A chap was on the phone-in programme last night berating Kilmarnock for charging £26 for a midweek match which was on tv (not on my tv it wasnt, but thats another story) and followed a 0-4 trouncing by Dundee.

Unless fans take action against these ridiculous pricing structures, nothing will be done until the attendances dwindle even further.

As an aside, I am becoming perturbed by Ian Murrays signing policy so far. Not one of the players he has signed has impressed me ( only my personal view of course)I hardly think signing an average goalie at the end of his career is wise.We dont have ANYTHING up front, and our defence is a shambles.

I await the usual comments from the experts on here to pick my post to pieces.

I think it's a symptom of far too many clubs simply not prepared to work together for the betterment of all clubs.

Too many have delusions of grandeur.

Too many fans talk about wanting us to build a team bringing youngsters through but no patience whatsoever to allow that to happen.

How to solve it? You need to start with having better people running the clubs IMO.

I think it's a symptom of far too many clubs simply not prepared to work together for the betterment of all clubs.

Too many have delusions of grandeur.

Too many fans talk about wanting us to build a team bringing youngsters through but no patience whatsoever to allow that to happen.

How to solve it? You need to start with having better people running the clubs IMO.

Ah, now I understand your obsession with Longwell and the youth team.

You're one of the pushy 'football' dads whose son is a youth player at the club. He's only a filler but you think he's the next Messi and you run around licking all the youth coaches' arses!

:lol:

Maybe you could offer your lecturing services to the youth academy?

Are there any scotvec modules that would be relevant?

You're a deadbeat oaksoft!

Ah, now I understand your obsession with Longwell and the youth team.

You're one of the pushy 'football' dads whose son is a youth player at the club. He's only a filler but you think he's the next Messi and you run around licking all the youth coaches' arses!

:lol:

Maybe you could offer your lecturing services to the youth academy?

Are there any scotvec modules that would be relevant?

You're a deadbeat oaksoft!

There have not been scotvec modules for a number of years

Looking forward to this. Dumbarton are now my local team, so always keep a wee eye out for their results. I hope we eviscerate them tomorrow, however.

I would start with Gallagher over Thompson. Bring the skipper on later in the match depending on how things are shaping up. We need to be looking to the future, and a home game against a P/T club is the opportunity to let the young players gain experience.

Don't get me wrong, I don't anticipate an easy win for one moment, but we should be looking to take this game to Dumbarton from KO, as The Rangers did with us last week. Pace up front will be key. I suppose we could start with Gallagher and Thompson up top, but I'm not sure who I would drop to accommodate this.

I hope the midfield push up at every opportunity. We won't sit back as we did at Ibrox. That was horrible to watch in the first 25 minutes of the game - sitting deep and inviting them onto us. This match is an entirely different proposition.

Hopefully Conlan will have settled a bit, and will be more composed. McMullen should terrorise their defence, and Mallan will hopefully control things alongside Carswell and Agnew in the centre of the park. Oh, and I don't expect the latter to indulge in overly exuberant celebrations of his two goals.

4-2 Saints.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Dumbarton did have a good result last week, this won't be an easy game.

I do think we will have enough to win the game and we really need to start as we mean to go on.

4-2 saints. Would be good to see Thommo grabbing a goal after his shocker last week.

COYS!

My son's first league game too, though I've not really given him much choice about who he'd support.

Hope he enjoys his day and see's a rampant Saints perfomance and goals a plenty, ps if he gets bored and we are getting pumped he can always go to food kiosk for a Refreshers bar / Hot dog or count one of the many aeroplanes taking off from Glasgow Airport.

Edited by Stmirren#1