The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

Heading through from darkest Fife with three generations of Saints fans today(daughter's first game, but son already a grizzled long suffering Bud like his grandad). I'm really excited about this one, feels like a new start, although it's our third game. A win would be massive, building confidence and a platform for the rest of the season.

Hope we come out and have a real go today, pushing the game, attacking with pace. Would definitely have Thommo on the bench, coming on to grab a goal in the last 20. COYS!

Murray needs a good win today for many reasons. First and foremost the team, and support need something to get behind, but personally he needs to show clear blue water (pun not intended) between us Dumbarton, and their ilk in this league.

Murray needs to demonstrate his St Mirren are one of the top three in the league, with the likes of Dumbarton as one of the following pack. That's why its a must win and a good win at that. Excuses wont cut it for anything less, we cant afford to go six points adrift to the likes of Dumbarton when there are so many other difficult games and sides to play this season.

COYS.... Lets do the buddy business and kick on!

We have a very young team who will feed off the crowd, lets get right behind them from the start today .... hope to see a high tempo pressing game from us in Murray's first home league game. 4-1 to the Buds punk.gif

Agree, and early goal for us would do wonders for the team and the crowd.

If we lose the first goal look out for the crescendo of abuse led by Lord Lookatme. whistling.gif

thumbup2.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I hope the manager has seen and acted upon what Sheffield Wednesday uncovered, and what Sevco targeted relentlessly last week from the off. That being our weakness down the left. We couldnt handle Wallace at Hillsborough, and Sevco played left side tag attack for the entire game leading to all three goals against.

I would put Goody in at the centre of defence, and shift either Baird or Kelly out to the left to address tha until such time as we have a permanent solution. No doubt Aitken will have seen what a blind man could have seen and target that area as well. Lets hope we have bolstered in that area and can attack from there too, rather than continually defend.

COYS

I hope the manager has seen and acted upon what Sheffield Wednesday uncovered, and what Sevco targeted relentlessly last week from the off. That being our weakness down the left. We couldnt handle Wallace at Hillsborough, and Sevco played left side tag attack for the entire game leading to all three goals against.

I would put Goody in at the centre of defence, and shift either Baird or Kelly out to the left to address tha until such time as we have a permanent solution. No doubt Aitken will have seen what a blind man could have seen and target that area as well. Lets hope we have bolstered in that area and can attack from there too, rather than continually defend.

COYS

Conlan improved a bit as the match at Ibrox progressed. But yes, I would agree that our left side is weak at present. I'd be surprised, however, if Dumbarton can exploit it to the extent that SW and The Rangers did.

Conlan improved a bit as the match at Ibrox progressed. But yes, I would agree that our left side is weak at present. I'd be surprised, however, if Dumbarton can exploit it to the extent that SW and The Rangers did.

Tweet from Douglas McNeill...

"@DouglasMcNeil: Get yourself down to St Mirren Park today! Should be a cracker. Interesting team selection. Wasn't one I was expecting."

The big tease.

Hmm... maybe he has saw the wisdom of bringing Goodwin back..?