The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

Full time 1-2.

Can't really argue with that. Second half we did improve but Dumbarton defended well and always looked dangerous on the counter, thought overall they were worth the 3 points.

Goes without saying, this is an absolutely disastrous result for us and Murray. His team selection was wrong, he needs to get a grip and he a get a grip quickly, a few more results like this and the knifes will be out. We never threatened once after going 2-1 down, the team just didn't look interested.

Jim Goodwin isn't Beckenbauer, but surely his experience should be being utilised amongst such a young back line. Alan Gow should never play for us again, but then again he should never have been re-signed in the first place.

Naismith's injury looked worrying to say the least. Him being out long term is the last thing we need... Hopefully get good news about that next week.

the team should have stayed the same as last week changing it only disrupted it in my view Thompson shouldn't ave been dropped most players have a bad game but replace him with gow?

come on even most managers get it wrong

this seems to be the st.Mirren way....do it the hard way

Plenty to work on but no need to wet the scants, the first goal was a double deflection, and the second was a needless penalty. What we will need to work really hard on is pressing our opponents, we gave them far too much room and let them dictate possession on our home patch.

Full time 1-2.

Can't really argue with that. Second half we did improve but Dumbarton defended well and always looked dangerous on the counter, thought overall they were worth the 3 points.

Goes without saying, this is an absolutely disastrous result for us and Murray. His team selection was wrong, he needs to get a grip and he a get a grip quickly, a few more results like this and the knifes will be out. We never threatened once after going 2-1 down, the team just didn't look interested.

Jim Goodwin isn't Beckenbauer, but surely his experience should be being utilised amongst such a young back line. Alan Gow should never play for us again, but then again he should never have been re-signed in the first place.

Naismith's injury looked worrying to say the least. Him being out long term is the last thing we need... Hopefully get good news about that next week.

Sad, really sad to read...

Why Gow who did nothing last season got a new contract only Murray knows because it sure as hell wasnt based on performances or potential. Murray as i was at pains to point out when we were rumoured to, and then signed is extremely naive, cant build a defensive midfield or defence. His Dumbarton shipped 79 goals last season, and now after starting behind us in recruting a manager and squad have done us over at home.

Simply not good enough, and my greatest fear is this will wither on till Christmas at the earliest before the BoD admit they picked uet another dud.

Sad, really sad to read...

Why Gow who did nothing last season got a new contract only Murray knows because it sure as hell wasnt based on performances or potential. Murray as i was at pains to point out when we were rumoured to, and then signed is extremely naive, cant build a defensive midfield or defence. His Dumbarton shipped 79 goals last season, and now after starting behind us in recruting a manager and squad have done us over at home.

Simply not good enough, and my greatest fear is this will wither on till Christmas at the earliest before the BoD admit they picked uet another dud.

that's a bit harsh 2 games in ffs

get behind your team yes there is much to learn but new team new season wasn't always gonna be easy

take a valium and enjoy the sunshine

Every club in this division will be fired up to beat us because we're the ex-SPL club.

Clearly we're going to have to be patient ESPECIALLY given then fact that most of our team are very young.

Will the fan base give them space to learn and adapt or will the collective voices of the doom merchants be allowed to be heard over all those more moderate voices?

What rubbish.

Customers paying some of the highest season ticket prices in the division, and the highest gate prices in the division have a right to expect at least some quality in their side. There is no obligation on the customer to be patient.

We are still playing the experimental game by the sounds of it. Obviously we still have a couple more to come in but they will need time to settle in. There's a nagging doubt in my head that Murray thinks he's Mourinho. He still has to serve his time and I'm not sure that we are the right club for someone like him. Our fans aren't patient enough for starters. It might be different if we lose but show signs of hope for the future. It doesnt sound like that was the case today and if we keep losing the younger players will lose confidence very quickly.

If Naismith's injury turns out to be serious, I wonder which inexperienced midfielders we will play out of position in defence while we freeze Goodwin out of the first team.

He will probably play Mallan in there as an easy scapegoat.

Looking forward to Murray's post match interviews... Will he repeat the excuse from Ibrox that the 'occasion got the better of the youngsters"..?

Lots of work required. Midfield poor and gave Dumbarton far too much space. Up front we were pretty toothless, although things did improve after the substitution (although I suspect that was more to do with the absence of Gow than the presence of Thompson). We certainly can't rely on Agnew doing that every week.

2 goals the direct result of 2 stupid fouls - we must cut that out, fast.

Have to work on our own set pieces, too many of them overhit and aimed at no-one in particular.

No need to panic just yet, 2 good wins next week and we're back on track.

Murray on St Mirren radio saying we dominated the game. I must have been watching a different game as I felt Dumbarton were superior in every position and retained possession far better. Certainly the hungrier side. Piss poor performance.

Things could move towards meltdown soon if Murzo's post match comments are shown to nose dive in quality.

Nothing positive about that performance at all. Not going to individually slate any players today as its wasn't just down to just one player. It was whole team that let the fans down. No one was at the races.

IMO I do think we miss Goodwin on the park in some way. Just that bit of of experience on the park could go along way.

No disrespect to Dumbarton as they did play well but we should be winning these games at home

Lots of work required. Midfield poor and gave Dumbarton far too much space. Up front we were pretty toothless, although things did improve after the substitution (although I suspect that was more to do with the absence of Gow than the presence of Thompson). We certainly can't rely on Agnew doing that every week.

2 goals the direct result of 2 stupid fouls - we must cut that out, fast.

Have to work on our own set pieces, too many of them overhit and aimed at no-one in particular.

No need to panic just yet, 2 good wins next week and we're back on track.

We looked like what we were - a team lacking experienced players with the exception of Agnew and Gow (on that performance he doesn't count anyway). The team lacks leaders throughout and it doesn't do the defenders any favours. The first half we played at friendly pace. Despite that Naismith's injury was highly significant to the result I think. Langfield, Goodwin and Thompson in for Tuesday. Webster too if he signs.

Edited by David Mc