Which Player From Our Academy Will We Let Go For Buttons Next

norrie82

Our youth system has been anything but a "disaster".

The youngsters have and always will be the mainstay of our team.

The problem is that there is no money to be made in developing young players these days.

How Hamilton can punt players for 1m I will never know!? (Hendrie? Dodgy Big Sam?).

Shame, but football is a different game these days.

On a side note, I see McGinn thanked SMFC for the last thirteen (13) years.

Sad it ended that way...10k per year! Makes you want to cry.

Simple Verdict: Modern football is shite.

PS. Last decent player we lost to Hibs was Lavety and he went for around 120k too, if I recall correctly.

Our youth system has been anything but a "disaster".

The youngsters have and always will be the mainstay of our team.

The problem is that there is no money to be made in developing young players these days.

How Hamilton can punt players for 1m I will never know!? (Hendrie? Dodgy Big Sam?).

Shame, but football is a different game these days.

On a side note, I see McGinn thanked SMFC for the last thirteen (13) years.

Sad it ended that way...10k per year! Makes you want to cry.

Simple Verdict: Modern football is shite.

PS. Last decent player we lost to Hibs was Lavety and he went for around 120k too, if I recall correctly.

Unlucky for some.

I really don't think we can blame the club for accepting a low fee for McGinn. He's made it very clear he doesn't want to play with us, we may aswell get some cash and hopefully we can use that for a player or two, it may also be the difference of a better standard of player coming to the club.

Having the McGinn saga hanging over the club is a negativity, the Murray era is a fresh start so I'm glad the drama is over and we can just concentrate on St. Mirren.

After the sale of mcginn for next to nothing and the ridiculous sale of kenny McLean for 300k who will we lose next? Other teams seem to get good cash but we struggle.

300k we wish,try half of that

We won't get any decent amount money for anyone unlike other Scottish clubs

It started from Lappin and just carried on

Bargain Hunt

After the sale of mcginn for next to nothing and the ridiculous sale of kenny McLean for 300k who will we lose next? Other teams seem to get good cash but we struggle.

We didn't sell McGinn for peanuts, we decided we'd be better of getting at least some amount of money for a player who had already left. He wasn't our player anymore and to that end there was really nothing we could do other than negotiate a fee with interested parties, given no-one in England seemed to be willing to take a £270k gamble,

I'm not sure what else you think the club could do under the circumstances after he'd made it clear that he was not willing to sign another contract.

300k we wish,try half of that

We won't get any decent amount money for anyone unlike other Scottish clubs

It started from Lappin and just carried on

Bargain Hunt

It goes much further back than that Gordon McQueen to Leeds for 30k and many more since . Jim Blair Ally Macleod Peter Weir Frank MacDougal Paul Lambertl are only a small sample of players going for buttons We've always been too quick to take coppers for players

It goes much further back than that Gordon McQueen to Leeds for 30k and many more since . Jim Blair Ally Macleod Peter Weir Frank MacDougal Paul Lambertl are only a small sample of players going for buttons We've always been too quick to take coppers for players

To be fair, we managed to offload some very mediocre players like Winnie, Cameron and Hamilton for several hundred thousand pounds in the late eighties/ early nineties.

McGinn went to another Championship club. McLean went to Aberdeen.

The reason these guys went for next to nothing is because no clubs with serious money were interested.

The problem is that our youth system is a complete and utter disaster and needs overhauled from top to bottom.

Still not accepting your self/son/brother/uncle was shite at football then.

If your self/son/brother/uncle was that good, what top flight club are you/they currently starring in?