This Seasons Predictions.

Our manager predicts we will challenge for the title... Unless of course i just made this up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33766741

At this moment in time , it'll be for most goals conceded and least scored.

I don't subscribe to the theory we should still be putting the main part of our squad together after we have played perhaps 3 or 4 games.

I would of thought getting off to a decent start for any team hoping to challenge was important.

I think it's okay to add a couple of squad players ( yes I know effectively they all are ) to the club after the season starts , but your team core should be in place preseason.

Like most I want us to do well , but as it stands it'll need a monumental performance to get anything out the opening game , I think as it stands it's a case of how many will they score ? Start at 4 and you won't be far wrong.

Gies a signing !

Here are the latest odds from Ladbrookes

Alloa Athletic
Manager: Danny Lennon
Last season: 9th in the Championship
New signings: Colin Hamilton (Brechin City), Andy McNeil (Airdrieonians), Dougie Hill (Raith Rovers), Burton O'Brien (Livingston), Kyle McAusland (Dunfermline Athletic), David Crawford (Arbroath), Connor McManus (Celtic, loan), Michael Duffy (Celtic, loan), Mark Williams (St Mirren), Geoff Mitchell (Histon), Mikk Reintam (Frýdek-Místek), Omar Kader (Forfar Athletic), Catalin Paun (Stirling University)
Ladbrokes title odds: 200/1

Dumbarton
Manager: Stephen Aitken
Last season: 7th in the Championship
New signings: Gregor Buchanan (Dunfermline Athletic), Grant Gallagher (Stranraer), Kevin Cawley (Alloa Athletic), Darren Miller (Queen's Park), Mark Docherty (Alloa Athletic), Mark Brown (Ross County), Willie Gibson (Stranraer), Gordon Smith (Stirling Albion), Darren Barr (Ross County), Jon Routledge (Hamilton Accies), Calum Waters (Celtic, loan), Steven Craig (Wycombe Wanderers), Jamie Lindsay (Celtic, loan)
Ladbrokes title odds: 250/1

Falkirk
Manager: Peter Houston
Last season: 5th in the Championship
New signings: Danny Rogers (Aberdeen, loan), Bob McHugh (Motherwell), Paul Watson (Raith Rovers)
Ladbrokes title odds: 33/1

Hibernian
Manager: Alan Stubbs
Last season: 2nd in the Championship
New signings: James Keatings (Hearts), Danny Carmichael (Queen of the South), Martin Boyle (Dundee), Mark Oxley (Hull City), Antonio Reguero (Ross County), Marvin Bartley (Leyton Orient), John McGinn (St Mirren)
Ladbrokes title odds: 3/1

Livingston
Manager: Mark Burchill
Last season: 8th in the Championship
New signings: Jordyn Sheerin (Musselburgh Athletic), Jackson Longridge (Stranraer), Liam Buchanan (Alloa Athletic), Kieran Gibbons (Aberdeen), Ben Gordon (Alloa Athletic), Ross Millen (Dunfermline Athletic), Spas Georgiev (Dobrudzha Dobrich), Morgyn Neill (Motherwell), Moses Duckrell (Barnet), Matt Gould (Cheltenham Town)
Ladbrokes title odds: 250/1

Morton
Manager: Jim Duffy
Last season: 1st in League 1
New signings: Bobby Barr (Brechin City), Frank McKeown (Stranraer), Denny Johnstone (Birmingham City, loan)
Ladbrokes title odds: 150/1

Queen of the South
Manager: James Fowler
Last season: 4th in the Championship
New signings: Robbie Thomson (Cowdenbeath), Ryan Conroy (Raith Rovers), Gavin Skelton - player/assistant manager (Workington), Steven Higgins (Motherwell), Darren Brownlie (Cowdenbeath), Shaun Rutherford (Livingston), Kyle Jacobs (Livingston), Dale Hilson (Forfar Athletic), Jordan Marshall (Carlisle United), Callum Tapping (Brechin City)
Ladbrokes title odds: 40/1

Raith Rovers
Manager: Ray McKinnon
Last season: 6th in the Championship
New signings: Darren Petrie (Dundee United), Ryan McCord (Alloa Athletic), Mitch Megginson (Dumbarton), Kyle Benedictus (Dundee), Lewis Toshney (Cowdenbeath), Craig Wighton (Dundee, loan), James Craigen (Partick Thistle)
Ladbrokes title odds: 80/1

Rangers
Manager: Mark Warburton
Last season: 3rd in the Championship
New signings: Danny Wilson (Hearts), Rob Kiernan (Wigan Athletic), Wes Foderingham (Swindon Town), Andy Halliday (Bradford City), Martyn Waghorn (Wigan Athletic), James Tavernier (Wigan Athletic), Jason Holt (Hearts)
Ladbrokes title odds: 4/9

St Mirren
Manager: Ian Murray
Last season: 12th in the Premiership
New signings: Scott Agnew (Dumbarton), Stuart Carswell (Motherwell), Paul McMullan (Celtic, loan), Luke Conlan (Burnley, loan), Cameron Howieson (Burnley), Calum Gallagher (Rangers)
Ladbrokes title odds: 12/1

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/ladbrokes-championship-preview/?#HQpRBsc3vQo6mQRL.99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looking at our squad, there's no doubt in my mind we should be winning games in this league. My prediction was 2nd place. I think it's gooing to be a long hard season with us finishing in mid table. We took far too long to assemble our squad and we're still fannying about with it!

Couldn't agree more. We have the third best squad in the division yet have only 5 points from 6 games. Far too early to talk of regime change but we need wins and need them soon.

Why is it to early to talk of regime change? I'm not convinced about (waterboy) Mark Spalding. Apparently he only took up a post at Dumbarton helping out with the cones, bibs, water bottles etc on a voluntary basis a couple of seasons ago. Granted he did have all his badges, but he had never been round a club until then. After buzelin left to join Hamilton he was made No.2 at Dumbarton, much to the players surprise, this also coincides with a slump by the sons and a few of their fans saying they were happy Murray left. Now a few months later he is our No. 2, I'm wondering if we should get a more experienced man in with murray, like Danny did when we got rid of Jenkins?

Why is it to early to talk of regime change? I'm not convinced about (waterboy) Mark Spalding. Apparently he only took up a post at Dumbarton helping out with the cones, bibs, water bottles etc on a voluntary basis a couple of seasons ago. Granted he did have all his badges, but he had never been round a club until then. After buzelin left to join Hamilton he was made No.2 at Dumbarton, much to the players surprise, this also coincides with a slump by the sons and a few of their fans saying they were happy Murray left. Now a few months later he is our No. 2, I'm wondering if we should get a more experienced man in with murray, like Danny did when we got rid of Jenkins?

I see people complaining about Spalding as he hasn't played football. But didn't Jose Mourinho start as Bobby Robson's translator?

I see people complaining about Spalding as he hasn't played football. But didn't Jose Mourinho start as Bobby Robson's translator?

There is always a slight risk I guess that Spalding will turn out to be unlike Mourinho in some key areas...

smile.png

In terms of predictions...and based on the early games, I'd say that SMFC will be battling it out with Raith, QoS and Morton to decide 4th - 7th place. Livingston, Dumbarton and Alloa I predict will battle it out for relegation. The Rangers will probably do a Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk will contest the second playoff tie.

Edited by ss39Lavety

There is always a slight risk I guess that Spalding will turn out to be unlike Mourinho in some key areas...

smile.png

In terms of predictions...and based on the early games, I'd say that SMFC will be battling it out with Raith, QoS and Morton to decide 4th - 7th place. Livingston, Dumbarton and Alloa I predict will battle it out for relegation. The Rangers will probably do a Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk will contest the second playoff tie.

i actualy thought 2nd and we seem to have the team for it but due to our slow start id agree here ^^^

although if we make the playoffs i wld be happy enough with that as we are rebuilding after a disastourous last few years minus the time under danny l

Looking at our next 7 games we have Hibs twice, Rangers and Falkirk again. We'll do well to a single point from those. I felt optimistic after last week but yesterday was a monumental kick in the baws and a relegation battle beckons if we aren't careful. Shame because we have decent players who are being poorly led.

Hahaha hahaha...oh that was good. Just imagine, for a second, the difference in the teaching and what could have been picked up. I just think Murray turns and says "damnit, look at the space between attack and defence. What to do though" to which Spalding goes "ooh, aye, erm, I'm sure I printed out a piece on just that. I'll...oh shit, the printer was out of ink..." and walks forward "squeeze it lads". Murray moves in "Great advice...". We then see everyone aside Thommo defending our own 18 yard line.

We will Finnish 7th possibly 8th there is no chance of us being any higher we are as I have been saying for a very long time not very good .I thought we would do OK this season but having watched us three times there is no difference this season we are still utter pish .

Edited by elvis

What makes you think we will finish below Falkirk?

They finished 5th last season and have since lost their top scorer and a couple of their other top players. Their fans don't seem confident about the season ahead at all.

I would pick Houston as the most likely manager to get sacked early.

blink.png

Hahaha hahaha...oh that was good. Just imagine, for a second, the difference in the teaching and what could have been picked up. I just think Murray turns and says "damnit, look at the space between attack and defence. What to do though" to which Spalding goes "ooh, aye, erm, I'm sure I printed out a piece on just that. I'll...oh shit, the printer was out of ink..." and walks forward "squeeze it lads". Murray moves in "Great advice...". We then see everyone aside Thommo defending our own 18 yard line.

I do agree with you! More the point about not having to be a former player to be a success as a coach...many great players have failed as managers, etc.