This Seasons Predictions.

We'll finish 3rd. At least 20 points behind Sevco and 10 behind Hibs.

I think if we can get the right last few players in we will pip hibs for second

providing the supporters can play there part this season and become the 12 man again as we have done so well in the past

just my view :D

COYS

Could you or anyone explain why Falkirk and QOS will finish above us? If it is based on squad then how does anyone on here know the strength and depth of both teams? Our squad is incomplete and we have no idea how good any of the teams are before a ball is kicked. We may very well finish 5th but could also finish higher or lower. Like every other season, I will give the first quarter before considering the quality of our own team v the other 9.

As someone who predicted Falkirk and Queens to finish above us, I'm happy to explain why. I have seen St Mirren drop down before, and far from being 'big boys' in the league, a club on the way down struggles against the stronger teams already in the second tier who are established there and are already geared for second tier football. Both Falkirk and Queens have plastic pitches which I think does help them. Falkirk really should have just won the Scottish Cup bar a goalkeeping error. If it is Scottish Cup time - as the draw is being made, would you or any other Saints fan sit and think 'hope we get Queens at Palmerston'. Doubt it. I have no idea what squad St Mirren will have going into the season, much less what squads our opponents will have in two weeks or so. This is a predictions thread though. All anyone is doing is offering up what they think or feel is about to happen.

I think and feel we will finish behind the (very likely) better and bigger squads of the Sevco Franchise and Hibs, and will just fall short of the points totals garnered by solid 'Div 1' battle hardened outfits Falkirk and QoTS.

I also predict Newcastle will finish above Sunderland, without knowing either club's players.

So far we have signed Agnew who looks good, Carswell who looks like he can do a job - steady but nothing great, McMullan who has skill but looks lightweight and inexperienced, Conlan who looks suspect and Howieson who looks out of his depth. However I am not writing these guys off as they have time to improve but improve they must.

Our next 5 signings are crucial in my opinion. Players like Langfield, Webster, Shankland, Kane etc would make a huge difference to our squad. If we sign five like those already signed then I reckon we will struggle badly. So until I have an idea of the full squad it is difficult to assess how we will do.

I think we will finish 3rd. However after seeing Hibs recently we certainly have nothing to fear from them, they're hopeless. I don't see why we can't finish second.

However I think they will sack Stubbs by Christmas and get a half decent manager in and pip us to second spot.

4th or 5th, but if pushed I'd go with 5th.

New manager, new squad, different challenges, and two clubs with substantially bigger budgets and support, will all conspire to make this a tough season.

If we are in or around the playoffs I'll be satisfied. I have absolutely no expectation that we will be challenging for promotion this season. For me, there is a rebuilding job to be completed, and this has only just started. Unlike Sevco and Hibs, we can't buy our way back.

3rd or 4th would be a good outcome. Mid-table is acceptable. Bottom half would be disappointing, and flirting with relegation unacceptable.

Edited by Drew

Would like to see us finish top 4, however I'm not too pushed this season - can see it being a season of consolidation.

Just as long as we finish above Dumbarton and Morton - I don't think I could put up with my step-dad if we finish below Dumbarton in my first season back in Scotland...

4th or 5th, but if pushed I'd go with 5th.

New manager, new squad, different challenges, and two clubs with substantially bigger budgets and support, will all conspire to make this a tough season.

If we are in or around the playoffs I'll be satisfied. I have absolutely no expectation that we will be challenging for promotion this season. For me, there is a rebuilding job to be completed, and this has only just started. Unlike Sevco and Hibs, we can't buy our way back.

3rd or 4th would be a good outcome. Mid-table is acceptable. Bottom half would be disappointing, and flirting with relegation unacceptable.

Just opinions of course, but what I would find acceptable as a paying punter would be for us to be competitive, playing half-decent stuff, being in with a shout in every game avoiding gubbings, trying hard and not disappearing up our own arses like last season, and having a go. If we do that and find one, two, three, or four teams are even better than us, so be it. As long as we don't beat ourselves.

From the manager I hope he gives us that hard-working team who have a shout in each game, I hope he identifies and addresses the clear deficiencies in our squad, for him to be tactically aware and make meaningful substitutions, and above all else, do not preside over a 'Dunfermline' situation where a team losing top flight status goes even further backwards. Oh, and do not lose to Morton.

Basically, give us a team to be proud of who don't disappear up their own arse and give it a go.

Edited by pozbaird

I would like to think that a club of our size and stature could manage to finish second in this league. I don't think it will be possible though with our current first team squad. Having said that Ian Murray will be well aware of this and as stated will sign another four players. It is unfortunate though that we couldn't get a balanced squad together through pre season friendlies and training, ready for the season starting. COYS !

This season will be oneof consolidation. I'd never in a million years not want to see us go up, but I'd be worried if we did somehow sneak up at the end of the season, we'd be straight back down.

Much prefer a season stabilisation and building a squad for a tilt at it with a strong squad next season.

Anywhere between 3rd and 6th I reckon.