St Mirren Under 20's 2015/16

shull

Must admit I preferred Love St but the new Falkirk stadium is brilliant imo and when 4th stand

is built will rival Easter Rd which I think is the best of the non Glasgow stadiums

A local businessman forked out his own pocket for the stand behind the goals, opposite from away fans. I have to admit i am also jealous of their main stand.

Was there not a restriction in place denying them to build a fourth stand across from main, due to the power plant?

A local businessman forked out his own pocket for the stand behind the goals, opposite from away fans. I have to admit i am also jealous of their main stand.

Was there not a restriction in place denying them to build a fourth stand across from main, due to the power plant?

If I remember correctly, if they built the stand it would stray into the exclusion zone for the Grangemouth petro plant

Missed a couple of gilt edged chances at 1-1 when we were in the ascendency that could have put us out of sight, lt but was a wee bit disjointed at times but another half decent result. Feared for Lewis McLear at one point in the 2nd half when he bravely went for a cross from Lewis Morgan and was poleaxed by keeper however my fears were unfounded and he finished the game.

Do you go to all the U 20 games mate?I've seen you comment on a few.

Not according to an old guy I was talking to on Tuesday night he also told me a 4th stand will be built completing the ground in the near future.

The problem previously was not about the actual construction of a stand, but rather about a dual use stand with offices etc below. They would have been allowed to build a stand for purely football purposes, but needed to build a stand with income generating facilities to make it worthwhile and I believe that this was where they hit problems in that it wouldn't be allowed for this purpose due to the zoning of the land relating to blast zones etc from Grangemouth. IIRC they were looking at re-zoning as it was only part of the stand that was affected.

I actually think St Mirren Park is a cracking wee stadium. When it's buzzing it's great, but...

... Also why not dismantle the two End stands and rebuild them at Greenhill road.

Whit, on top of the ones already there ? 1eye.gifbangin.gif