St Mirren Under 20's 2015/16

shull

I'd start Morgan and McLear instead of McMullan and Howieson.

I'm pretty sure they won't do any worse.

McLear seems to score every week would take him every time over Howieson who seems to have the Aaron Mooy problem of not fitting into the team in any one position.

• 2 weeks later...

Half time at Firhill: Partick Thistle 1 St Mirren 2.

Partick scored after 10 minutes but the young Buds struck back just before half time to score in 44 and 46 minutes (presumably 1 minute into injury time).

Info from Bet365 website http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp?&cb=10581204429

Get rid of Murray and get Longwell in .

We should have stuck with Teale and Longwell .

With their own squad , they would have done a lot better than the clown Murray IMO .

Interesting idea.

I think Longwell would be at least as good a car crash any of the recent ones...

Gary Teale has the best win ratio between him, Danny, Craig and Murray. I thought he did a lot of things right and would have liked to have seen him carry on for this season with Alex Miller giving him advice especially over Thommo and Goody. It was not to be unfortunately.

The young players performed better under Teale and Longwell, which isn't a surprise.

We still paying Teale off? Cheap option could be to get him back in and save a few pennies. ;)

In all seriousness, as much as I wanted Teale gone in the summer (think relegating the team being the main factor) I don't think we would be mingling down around the bottom of the league if he was still in charge. Mid table maybe but certainly not cut off in the manner we current are.

Gary Teale has the best win ratio between him, Danny, Craig and Murray. I thought he did a lot of things right and would have liked to have seen him carry on for this season with Alex Miller giving him advice especially over Thommo and Goody. It was not to be unfortunately.

Not surprised by that. Teale was a rookie manager thrown in at the deepest of deep ends. Of course he made mistakes, but he did a lot right too. Certainly far more right than Ian Murray has done.

I was half and half in the summer on him, I thought giving him a chance till Christmas made sense, it was the financially prudent option. However if there was an outstanding candidate available I could see the rationale in appointing him instead.

A large section of fans clambered for the outside clear the decks appointment, and sadly the BOD gave way. Murray has not just been an awful mistake in football terms, he's been an awful mistake in financial terms too.

Edited by TopCat

Remember how Motherwell scored from a free-kick against the under-20s a few months back because Dan Wilks held onto the ball for more than six seconds? Same happened to Liverpool last night. Mignolet had the ball for 20 seconds so he quite rightly got done for it. However, I see from the BBC stats he didn't get booked - but Wilks did. I'd have thought that was a pretty clear cut thing - it's not as if you have to use your judgement like you would to decide how bad a tackle was - so one of the two officials is wrong. My money's on the Scottish one...

Remember how Motherwell scored from a free-kick against the under-20s a few months back because Dan Wilks held onto the ball for more than six seconds? Same happened to Liverpool last night. Mignolet had the ball for 20 seconds so he quite rightly got done for it. However, I see from the BBC stats he didn't get booked - but Wilks did. I'd have thought that was a pretty clear cut thing - it's not as if you have to use your judgement like you would to decide how bad a tackle was - so one of the two officials is wrong. My money's on the Scottish one...

I believe it's classed as time wasting thus is a bookable offence.

An indirect free kick.

I believe it's classed as time wasting thus is a bookable offence.

Not really.

Time wasting falls under delaying the restart of play. In this example the ball is in play so a booking shouldn't really be given unless it's deemed as unsporting behaviour? Not so sure it would fall under that category.

I'd agree with Stu and think the Scottish ref cautioned the keeper incorrectly.

Edited by davidg

If he was booked for timewasting - fair enough. However, surely the Liverpool goalie should have been booked as well? Either both booked or neither, can't be half and half.

I see the under-20s are meant to be at home on Tuesday - anyone know whether it's being played at our ground, Renfrew or somewhere else? On holiday next week so might head along if it's not peeing down.